Xiaomi Mi 11/Pro/Ultra Wifi dead

Martin | Mi 11

Members
Mar 28, 2021
I've seen that I'm not the only one facing this issue. So I want to open a thread so we can discuss how we are solving the problem. Here's how it looks if you have the issue:

d16d110af5f8a6e2e501f20755e7e958.jpg
5123f616262b2a09c30e5ae454a01a99.jpg
d7d463fb3f46daa00ca81d0b17efd968.jpg

The issue is caused by the heat of the Snapdragon 888 and poor thermal handling, which causes the solder of the Wifi chip to melt

Xiaomi knows this and has extended the warranty of these phones by 6 months for Chinese phones. But in order to redeem the extra warranty you have to apply for it in the Chinese Mi Community App, which I haven't figured out yet.

If anyone knows what the repair without warranty costs or if you can repair it yourself please comment below

Reactions: akhilvs
Bro, I'm also facing the same issue. Could you please help me to go forward. My warranty has expired

this just happened to my mi 11, my phone restarted and the wifi stopped working , my warranty is expired by a few months , m not in china so i don't know if m gonna be able to get it repaired with no cost , the phone is imported from france and m currently in morocco

I have a Mi 11.
The WiFi problem also happened to me. Around March of this year.
In September the problem involving the Snapdragon 888 got worse and the phone died completely.

The seller (tradin******hen) asked €300 and about 4 months minimum to replace the motherboard.
I looked for alternatives and almost no repair shop wanted to try the repair.

Fortunately I found an excellent technician in Portugal who did a reballing and solved the problem.
Look into this type of repair.

I have a Mi 11.
In September the problem involving the Snapdragon 888 got worse and the phone died completely.

The seller (tradin******hen) asked €300 and about 4 months minimum to replace the motherboard.

Fortunately I found an excellent technician in Portugal who did a reballing and solved the problem.
What did it cost to reball your SoC?

I've just returned my Mi 11 for this exact issue. Fortunately still under warranty (just). The official diagnosis by the repair facility states that it's an electrical fault on the wifi hardware caused by the battery overheating.

If anyone in the UK has this issue, if your phone is out of warranty, you should still be able to claim free or reduced cost repair for overheat damage as it's inherent to the model and known by the manufacturer (under Consumer Rights - https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights)

this just happened to my mi 11, my phone restarted and the wifi stopped working , my warranty is expired by a few months , m not in china so i don't know if m gonna be able to get it repaired with no cost , the phone is imported from france and m currently in morocco
if it was purchased in France and you have proof of purchase check if you're covered under french/european consumer rights. Your warranty is linked to the country of purchase not your country of residence

At first my phone "came back to life" but the Wi-Fi failed again but after a new technical intervention everything is ok and functional.

Guys, have the same issue. Bought my 11 Ultra on August 2022, wifi died after a week of usage, lol. In November the onboard sound started to glitch and randomly turn off (what's interesting, both analog and bluetooth headphones still worked fine). Yesterday the device entered a bootloop, and eventually turned off with low battery. Today I've been able to revive it for about an hour (almost enough to get some vital data from it) and then it started to reboot again and finally is stuck in fastboot mode. Did anyone else have any success with reball procedure?

P.S.
My colleague also had Mi 11 Ultra. And it just died a week ago. Love that modern flagship quality.
Once had Mi 3, and it worked fine for five years. Replaced it just because it was obsolete, it's still alive tho.

I have a Mi 11.

Olá! Im from Portugal, can you tell me the technician adress?

Bought mi 11 ultra from trandin too, and they said the same, 330€ and 4 months waiting ...

Your mi 11 ultra is still working good ?

Send me the technician adress and contact ASAP, thank you

Hey! Just happen to me this ... I'm on Portugal and i'm portugueses, if it's easier for you to explain or Share informativo about how to solve this.
I have a Mi 11.