Xiaomi Mi Max 2 And 4g Connectivity

Rosalind

Members
Mar 29, 2018
Hello everyone,

I recently got a Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Global version), beautiful phone, I am super happy with it. Before I got it, I did some research and saw that Band 7 was supported in my country - the Netherlands. However, as it turns out, most carriers here use Band 20 and I was unaware of that, I thought Band 7 would be fine since all the search I did, showed it worked for 4G. Is there anything I can do to change this? Will there be some sort of update to include Band 20? Or am I totally f*cked and stuck like this? Thanks a lot.

Hello everyone,

I recently got a Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Global version), beautiful phone, I am super happy with it. Before I got it, I did some research and saw that Band 7 was supported in my country - the Netherlands. However, as it turns out, most carriers here use Band 20 and I was unaware of that, I thought Band 7 would be fine since all the search I did, showed it worked for 4G. Is there anything I can do to change this? Will there be some sort of update to include Band 20? Or am I totally f*cked and stuck like this? Thanks a lot.
Stuck like that.
Mi Max 2 doesn't support B20 band.

Hello everyone,

Which provider do you use?
Every provider uses 3 bands , band 20 / band 7/ band 3
I use vodafone and 4g is supported .
So you don't need band 20 on your phone , 7 or 3 is also ok

Hello everyone,

If you have problem with B20, check other operators - in my country 2 of them use B3 or B7/B20 combination, the third uses only B3 for 4G covetage so usually there are ways of sorting things out. I use 2 SIMs so if it rarely happens that I lose 4G due to B20 coverage only, I can just switch to another SIM. On the other hand, as long as 3G speed goes around 25 mbps, I don't care about 4G.

Sent from my Mi Max 2 using Tapatalk