Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop Essential MJSTG1 Firmware change

Killhate

Members
Apr 4, 2013
This vacuum cleaner MJSTG1 exists with both CN and Global versions available on the markets, hardware wise they seem to be the same, so difference is only in the firmware - I assume.
That being said, CN version - can connect only to China region in Mi Home App, most other devices I have are global version, annoying to have this one on China region only.
This comes to my question, would it technically be possible to flash the Global firmware version manually on this device, so it can be connected to any region in the Mi Home App?
If so, where could I find the global firmware for it, and how would I go about flashing it manually? Through adb?
Thanks.

Reactions: mkrnc
I have the very same issue! It'd be great if EU users could change the language, or register the device in EU server..

Reactions: Killhate
Yeah, sadly I haven't had any luck finding anything about doing this, I guess we are stuck with using it on CN servers

Same issue here guys, just bought the B101CN (fing "CN").
My thinking is, that if there is someone out there that has the B101, he could share his FW with me (us) and should be able to upload it i assume.
P.S.: I have contacted all kinds of Xiaomi support and i am awaiting answers.
But this is complete BS, its the same Fing gear. It just has different "phone home" address inside.