Xiaomi Mi4 Freezes And Reboots On Standard Mode

Pedrocj

Members
Dec 6, 2015
Hey, i bought a Xiaomi Mi4 earlier this month and i installed the latest rom from this website and i noticed that it suddently hangs and restarts when i'm on balanced mode, sometimes on idle, sometimes multitasking, checking contacts, etc, it is random, but the problem seems to be fixed when i turn on performance mode, but it drains battery faster, i've tried a clean install, wipe data, cache, official miui rom, different rom versions, fastboot, the thermal file change, and it still persists, i'm currently using the cancro version 5.12.3, does anyone know how to fix this issue?
I'm hopping that the next update (the marshmallow) will solve this issue but it is very weird still
Please give me a hand here, thanks

Last edited:
I found out that it also restarts in perfomance mode but it takes more time to do it... This is so annoying

it couldn't be a hardware issue. this is a ROM's bug,just wait for next rom, it will be ok. and now i use the Chinese rom, it is good, not the bug that you said.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey, thank you very much for replying, i've run the test and the ram runned more than 1000 times and the 4 cores did 35 successful runs before the phone restarted with a 39.1º c temperature, did it again, and it rebooted after 15 successful runs on the cores and with 42ºc temperature, is it the temperature that is causing the reboots?

Last edited:
I will wait the next mi4 update, it will come with the android 6.0 update and maybe that can fix my problem, if it doesn't my last resource is to speak with the website i bought it from and try to activate the warranty but that's a bunch of work i'm only willing to do if there are no more options

One thing i noticed is that if i'm running the stability test and doing other things on the background the phone doesn't restart, but as soon as i stop the test it restarts but it is very weird, it doesn't matter if i'm using the phone or it is in standby, it restarts, and sometimes it takes less time and sometimes longer to restart, it's random

Last edited:
This is what happens, i managed to record it..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hey, i bought a Xiaomi Mi4 earlier this month and i installed the latest rom from this website and i noticed that it suddently hangs and restarts when i'm on balanced mode, sometimes on idle, sometimes multitasking, checking contacts, etc, it is random, but the problem seems to be fixed when i turn on performance mode, but it drains battery faster, i've tried a clean install, wipe data, cache, official miui rom, different rom versions, fastboot, the thermal file change, and it still persists, i'm currently using the cancro version 5.12.3, does anyone know how to fix this issue?
I'm hopping that the next update (the marshmallow) will solve this issue but it is very weird still
Please give me a hand here, thanks

I have found that after fastboot clean install of MIUI 8 marshmallow no problems with reboots if I use ONLY 2.4ghz wifi and not 5ghz wifi!