Xiaomi Mi8 Global Version

Its a hack, you will not be able to lock the bootloader and neither will you be able to flash the official global ROM but I understand you will be able to put the EU Rom on but you must not try to lock the bootloader

I don´t want to lock my bootloader, i want to have a custom rom , be it Stable or Beta it needs only to be functional in every way .
Also i have already had this rom on my phone Author: MIUI Official TeamVersion: V9.5.13.0.OEAMIFA (MIUI9) Size: 1.6G with an Unlocked bootloader and then i put twrp back in after formatting and The EU forum´s Beta also Globerom has been a guest on phone so i am not too worried.
The Mi8 is still new and has a lot of developing to enjoy, hopefully you´ll be able to profit from the same.

I have Mi8 with 8.8.9 installed and the gps is very buggy ! It works ,then it don´t and when i try to reboot it goes black so then i have to long press the power button to reboot !!

Yeah, it's really annoying.
I have major issues with GPS, Bluetooth, Android Auto etc etc - really poor software for Xiaomi flagship device.
Currently my Xiaomi MI A1 is far more useful on a day to day basis (and it has a 3.5mm jack and IR blaster, which are nice to have too)

Hi

I bought mine from GB and have same issue - it is Chinese version with unlocked boot and global rom.
The problem is GPay Doesn’t work and Netflix too...
As far as I can see newest weekly beta is NOT helping :(

I already claimed and waiting for response.

Hi

I bought mine from GB and have same issue - it is Chinese version with unlocked boot and global rom.
As far as I can see newest weekly beta is NOT helping :(

I already claimed and waiting for response.
Hi,
The Gpay is not going to work because the open the bootloader...
One you open it it's not possible to look it back.

I don't know about Gpay, I don't use it, but Netflix is working. You just need to download the latest version apk from i-net, end install it. Probably, you will need to manually update it in the feature, but it's not a big deal. I did install it, and I managed to login in my account. Since, my subscription is over, I wasn't able to try to watch a movie. If you have active subscription, you can give a try and share your experience.

Best regards!

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Hey there.
Just trying MUI 8.8.16 and i can't add any Google account, and then ofc use Gpay.
Any solution ?

I Flashed 8.8.25. It works. Google and Gpay are back.
Just some issue with weather widget (some Russian on widget, dunno why :D)

Thx mates

EDIT: oh... and a bit disapointed, that we have no notifications in notification bar :(
Have to scroll down to check. Not friendly user in my opinion

Last edited:
I Flashed 8.8.25. It works. Google and Gpay are back.
Just some issue with weather widget (some Russian on widget, dunno why :D)

Thx mates

EDIT: oh... and a bit disapointed, that we have no notifications in notification bar :(
Have to scroll down to check. Not friendly user in my opinion
8.8.25 ?

Hi, I am new here I recently ordered Global version at my country's local auction and I am waiting for it, I bought 256 version for around 520 $, but wanna know if there is ability to spot if I got global version... When I bought my old Yotaphone 2 was option to spot Global version via first 3-4 digits of IMEI number, thanks for any reply :)