Xiaomi Mi8 Global Version

good question, mine arrived today from geekbuying and it is a chinese flashed one, I am really mad at them at the moment… not because I cannot use it, but because they s**t on their customers :p damn…

good question, mine arrived today from geekbuying and it is a chinese flashed one, I am really mad at them at the moment… not because I cannot use it, but because they s**t on their customers :p damn…
Can you confirm your phone has the same bands than the international version? For example, does it have the B20?

b20 is working fine jepp but according to the xiaomi website there are no band differences betweeen the chinese and global version.

Listen guys, i bought my MI8 from uncle Ali. The seller proposed two options : unlocked or not: your choice. My phones arrived unlock with miui 9.5.13 stable rom. I had some issue to install TWRP and use the beta rom from the forum, but with the kindy help i had on this forum, it went very easy and fast. My phone was annouced as global version but in fact it was a chinese version that was unlocked to install multi language rom. Today, MI8 is officialiy sold in France, the price is 100 euro expensiver and the phone is exactly the same with same bands as chinese !

Last edited:
Listen guys, i bought my MI8 from uncle Ali. The seller proposed two options : unlocked or not: your choice. My phones arrived unlock with miui 9.5.13 stable rom. I had some issue to install TWRP and use the beta rom from the forum, but with the kindy help i had, it went very easy and fast. My phone was annouced as global version but in fact it was a chinese version that was unlocked to install multi language rom. Today, MI8 is officialiy sold in France, the price is 100 euro expensiver and the phone is exactly the same with same bands as chinese !

Did the seller linked your phone to his account? Can you change it?
Or did he patched the phone in some other way?

Does the Chinese version have any disadvantage over the Global or International version? (apart from the bloatware)

Did the seller linked your phone to his account? Can you change it?
Or did he patched the phone in some other way?

Does the Chinese version have any disadvantage over the Global or International version? (apart from the bloatware)

not that i notice, it's working fine on miui 8.7.26, again why are you asking ?

Last edited:
not that i notice, it's working fine on miui 8.7.26, again why are you asking ?
I just want to buy a Xiaomi Mi 8 and hesitating between getting the Chinese version cheaper or paying a little bit more for the International version.

It looks like that the phones sold by retailers on "Ali" are unlocked even if it is the "official" Global Version.
Is there no way to get a locked Global Version of the phone?

Reactions: skan
It looks like that the phones sold by retailers on "Ali" are unlocked even if it is the "official" Global Version.
Is there no way to get a locked Global Version of the phone?
Does a locked Global version even exist?

Reactions: bzero86
Does a locked Global version even exist?
I think so, but only black 6/64GB. I haven't seen any 6/128GB. I found this today on Twitter. Look at attached video. The box on side has red sticker "Global version". Also text on the box is in English. Price is also higher. It all can bee seen from 6 minute.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Hey guys.
A little question.
I'm a french guy, and i'm wondering about which Mi8 to shop.
Is there any difference between Mi8 international version on Gearbest, and the legal one on website XIAOMI for a EU ROM ?

It's 100€ difference, and almost same time to received it. So....

Thx mates =)

Hi guys, for the one who have received their phone, do you have issues with your gps ?
I have the version MIUI9.5.14.0(OEARUFA) installed, and it works after rebboting, for almost an hour, and then it requiers a long time to fix.
Thks.
PS : Mine is unlocked too, and I'm wondering if the installation of Geekbuying is not the responsible for this bug. Maybe I should try to reinstall it properly, but I have no clue...

Hey guys.
A little question.
I'm a french guy, and i'm wondering about which Mi8 to shop.
Is there any difference between Mi8 international version on *******, and the legal one on website XIAOMI for a EU ROM ?

It's 100€ difference, and almost same time to received it. So....

Thx mates =)
Nope ! But if you want full use of your phone, instal beat rom !

Reactions: Mangaku
Nope ! But if you want full use of your phone, instal beat rom !

Beat ROM ?
I used to install custom ROMS years ago. But i'm a bit shyer now :D

And if WO version is the one going to be sell via XIAOMI FR.... lets order on G3arbest then xD

Hi guys, for the one who have received their phone, do you have issues with your gps ?
I have the version MIUI9.5.14.0(OEARUFA) installed, and it works after rebboting, for almost an hour, and then it requiers a long time to fix.
Thks.
PS : Mine is unlocked too, and I'm wondering if the installation of Geekbuying is not the responsible for this bug. Maybe I should try to reinstall it properly, but I have no clue...
I have last BETA ROM install from the forum, no problem with GPS, face unlock, AI, ARCore, etc...

I have last BETA ROM install from the forum, no problem with GPS, face unlock, AI, ARCore, etc...
Thks for your answer. Did you have issues previously ?
Because, when you look at the BETA thread, there are several bugs which are annoying (maybe on other devices).

I have Mi8 with 8.8.9 installed and the gps is very buggy ! It works ,then it don´t and when i try to reboot it goes black so then i have to long press the power button to reboot !!

Reactions: jimac
Thks for your answer. Did you have issues previously ?
Because, when you look at the BETA thread, there are several bugs which are annoying (maybe on other devices).
not really, i don't use google pay in my country. Everything is working fine for now !

I bought Mi8 Global from Ali******* and to my surprise it came unlocked out of the box today when i recieved it. I Love the specs and thought for a 6.2 phone it would be larger than my Mix 2. I will have to get used to the notch, i now have 256 gigs to use up but the Mix2 is still the more beautiful phone.
Its a hack, you will not be able to lock the bootloader and neither will you be able to flash the official global ROM but I understand you will be able to put the EU Rom on but you must not try to lock the bootloader