Xiaomi Mi8 Global Version

https://********.com/rom-builder-features/?codename=dipper&img=mi8.png&realname=Mi+8

i think this is based on the en.xiaomi rom v10... so I imagine there is the same problems between theses two roms.
am i right ?

(fingerprint, gps, face unlock, etc..)

Reporting about my phone: paid on the 17th July, shipped from HK on the 26th, arrived in Italy on the 2nd of August.
Global rom 9.5.11.0 (with Google services perfectly working, and every language you can think of) and unlocked bootloader out of the box. Very happy about this. No root. Xiaomi Recovery.

Now I wanted to ask: can I expect OTA updates? It says there's no availability, but I know that the latest version of the rom is 9.5. 13.0, so what gives?
Plus what about the missing functions?
Will the unlocked bootloader (and it will stay this way) mean trouble?

Cheers!

Reporting about my phone: paid on the 17th July, shipped from HK on the 26th, arrived in Italy on the 2nd of August.
Global rom 9.5.11.0 (with Google services perfectly working, and every language you can think of) and unlocked bootloader out of the box. Very happy about this. No root. Xiaomi Recovery.

Now I wanted to ask: can I expect OTA updates? It says there's no availability, but I know that the latest version of the rom is 9.5. 13.0, so what gives?

Cheers!
You got a CN version, which was unlocked and flashed by the shop.
So no Pokemon Go, no Google Pay.... (Unless you do consider Magisk)

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Cheers!
Where did you buy? I would be very unhappy if I got an unlocked bootloader with a reflashed global ROM instead of the real deal.

You got a CN version, which was unlocked and flashed by the shop.
So no Pokemon Go, no Google Pay.... (Unless you do consider Magisk)

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

not like we had choices... Xiaomi don't do multilanguage on launching products... so if we wants other than chinese/eng, we have...no choices...

Reactions: bzero86
not like we had choices... Xiaomi don't do multilanguage on launching products... so if we wants other than chinese/eng, we have...no choices...
His device shipped after the release and so the seller could have been straight and shipped a locked device after all.
Mine shipped on Saturday and I expect, as ordered, a new and untouched device.
Payer via PayPal and would user buyer protection without even thinking.

I bought on geekbuying, knowing their shady history... Mailed them, and they ensured me it will be the official Global Version of the phone... So now I wait.

Reactions: Tharcyzo
Is it possible to lock the bootlader after flashing Xiaomi.eu?
I've read that is not possible if we flash the Global version, you brick it, but I don't know about the Xiaomi.eu one.

Is it possible to lock the bootlader after flashing Xiaomi.eu?
I've read that is not possible if we flash the Global version, you brick it, but I don't know about the Xiaomi.eu one.

You must keep it unlocked to use xiaomi.eu ROM

Where did you buy? I would be very unhappy if I got an unlocked bootloader with a reflashed global ROM instead of the real deal.
From g.best. I have used unlocked bootloader phones all my life, I surely didn't think this fact was going to change now with an imported one XD

From g.best. I have used unlocked bootloader phones all my life, I surely didn't think this fact was going to change now with an imported one XD
Is there any inconvenience if you use an unlocked bootloader apart from safety reasons?
Do all apps work well? (such as Google Pay)

Is there any inconvenience if you use an unlocked bootloader apart from safety reasons?
Do all apps work well? (such as Google Pay)
Google pay is not available in my country and I don't plan on using it when it will be. Apart from that, all my bank and security apps are working fine.

On the Polish market the Mi 8 is in pre sale up to 16 August so I suppose that the Global Rom can be relased after this date unless pre sale will be finished sooner in other country within europe.
Does anyone know something about pre sale in other countries in Europe?

This is official global stable to download and install

As far as I read posts I see that there are still some issues related to this ROM like: camera not working, face recognition not working, no possibility to lock bootloader.
So I am not sure whether try to install this ROM. Maybe is better to wait untill all issues will be resolved.

It is a mistake for companies to sell Chinese variant, with bootloader unlocked and Global ROM as Global variant. I think it's illegal, even if you're going to unlock it in the future.

Reactions: Szymen
It is a mistake for companies to sell Chinese variant, with bootloader unlocked and Global ROM as Global variant. I think it's illegal, even if you're going to unlock it in the future.
Why ? I buy my MI8 like this ! Do i have to expect more issues ?

Does the Global version have the same frequency bands than the Chinese version and the International version?
Is it fixed at a hardware level or at a ROM level?

Hard users of long standing know that the development of any tool takes time. Probably, sometime after release of the Global variant, we will have a tool to circumvent Xiaomi's new Policy on Global X Variant Regions.

Does the International version have more bands than the Global or the Chinese ones?
Can it be changed flashing a new ROM or is it hardcoded?

Does the International version have more bands than the Global or the Chinese ones?
Can it be changed flashing a new ROM or is it hardcoded?
As the specifications are released as soon as the release is released, I believe there is no difference in hardware.

Already about being possible band only "blocked", I think about this I can not say something. Some say it's impossible, but I do not think it's impossible and that it can only be code-related. Since there should be no difference between the variants.

No. I just think the right to unlock is ours. If sold as a Global variant, it has to be the variant, not the S.O.
i agree with you, the seller propose between unlock bootloader or an untouch and closed package !

Do the sellers ask for an account to unlock the mobiles they sell and keep them linked to their accounts?
Or do they get them unlocked from factory?
Or do they patch the bootloader? In that case could it produce future problems?