Xiaomi Mijia Aqara Smart Ip Camera - Connection Timed Out

Oct 19, 2017
You purchased Chinese products for Mainland only use.. It even states so on the packaging.
Yes I know, but it worked flawlessly for about 9 months until recent updates of the Mi Home app. There was not any firmware update containing a Country ban like with the Yi Ants camera.
Furthermore, the very strange thing is that this camera is a gateway and many devices are connected to it (various sensors) and they all work fine even from outside the camera wifi network. Only the camera cannot be viewed...
Any other experiencing the same issue?

MarkHUK

Founder of Xiaomi.eu
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Yes I know, but it worked flawlessly for about 9 months until recent updates of the Mi Home app. There was not any firmware update containing a Country ban like with the Yi Ants camera.
Furthermore, the very strange thing is that this camera is a gateway and many devices are connected to it (various sensors) and they all work fine even from outside the camera wifi network. Only the camera cannot be viewed...
Any other experiencing the same issue?
yes but the fact is you purchased a product clearly labeled for MAINLAND CHINA ONLY so that risk was yours to take.

Oct 19, 2017
yes but the fact is you purchased a product clearly labeled for MAINLAND CHINA ONLY so that risk was yours to take.
yes you are right, but I have 20+ devices for Mainland China only and all of them work just fine. Anyway this device was never released outside China so I guess that all others who bought it and posted in this thread should face my same problem now, correct?

MarkHUK

Founder of Xiaomi.eu
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
yes you are right, but I have 20+ devices for Mainland China only and all of them work just fine. Anyway this device was never released outside China so I guess that all others who bought it and posted in this thread should face my same problem now, correct?
Yea pretty much... since you have no recourse with the product via Xiaomi you are kind of stuck.