Xiaomi Mijia Aqara Smart Ip Camera - Connection Timed Out

You purchased Chinese products for Mainland only use.. It even states so on the packaging.
Yes I know, but it worked flawlessly for about 9 months until recent updates of the Mi Home app. There was not any firmware update containing a Country ban like with the Yi Ants camera.
Furthermore, the very strange thing is that this camera is a gateway and many devices are connected to it (various sensors) and they all work fine even from outside the camera wifi network. Only the camera cannot be viewed...
Any other experiencing the same issue?

Yes I know, but it worked flawlessly for about 9 months until recent updates of the Mi Home app. There was not any firmware update containing a Country ban like with the Yi Ants camera.
Furthermore, the very strange thing is that this camera is a gateway and many devices are connected to it (various sensors) and they all work fine even from outside the camera wifi network. Only the camera cannot be viewed...
Any other experiencing the same issue?
yes but the fact is you purchased a product clearly labeled for MAINLAND CHINA ONLY so that risk was yours to take.

yes but the fact is you purchased a product clearly labeled for MAINLAND CHINA ONLY so that risk was yours to take.
yes you are right, but I have 20+ devices for Mainland China only and all of them work just fine. Anyway this device was never released outside China so I guess that all others who bought it and posted in this thread should face my same problem now, correct?

yes you are right, but I have 20+ devices for Mainland China only and all of them work just fine. Anyway this device was never released outside China so I guess that all others who bought it and posted in this thread should face my same problem now, correct?
Yea pretty much... since you have no recourse with the product via Xiaomi you are kind of stuck.

Yea pretty much... since you have no recourse with the product via Xiaomi you are kind of stuck.
New firmware just released and now I am able again to access the camera from a different wifi network. It sounds like Xiaomi listened to the feedbacks!

I’m new to here. Could somebody help with the connection time out issue.
I am living in Toronto Canada
Bought a Xiaomi Dafang camera
Installed MiHome with Mainland China setting
And I’m using iPhone 8 Plus
MiHome ver: v4.8.6
Firmware ver: 5.5.1.353
Installation and setup of this camera through MiHome has no issue.
The issue is when I tried both WiFi or data. It says connection time out as follow;
119679DC-EFD8-47DB-9E4A-BAE9C311C4BD.png

I tried resetting the camera, uninstalling and reinstalling the MiHome app. Nothing seems work.

The issue is when I tried both WiFi or data. It says connection time out as follow;

I tried resetting the camera, uninstalling and reinstalling the MiHome app. Nothing seems work.

Probably because your connection to the Chinese servers cannot be made.

Hi Guys,

I need some help, if somebody can help me, i will very appriciated.
I got aqara camera hub i bouht around 9 months ago, i added to mi home the old way change wifi the lumi camera...... back to the program and everybody is happy the camera working. Now i bought a newone, the adding method change, show a QR code, but my camera never react this. I have 20+ smart home stuff, my region is mainland china. my old camera and every stuff is working except this camera, i cant add it by qr code. my wifi ssid is simple word.

Maybe somebody tip or idea?

Thank you very much. and sorry about my english.

Regards
Harcsa

i have an issue regarding XiaoMi Aqara IP camera.
- not having to connect through Mobile Data

On the bright side, i am able to connect through WIFI from different places.

Anybody facing the problem as well? hope someone can help me :)

Cheers,
Mike

View attachment 20945

Any luck with this?
I have a similar error.
It was working fine in the first 5 days and then suddenly it started throwing this error.
Ta

Hi all,
I had the same timeout issue with my new IMILAB EC5, and would like to share my solution.
After I tried all suggest solutions here which didn't help, I tried to connect the camera to a different router - and connection was successful.
So I checked and found that the first router was connected in a Bridge mode to the second router that I succeeded to connect to.
So I canceled the Bridge mode in the first router and changed it to a Dynamic IP mode - and then immediately I've succeeded to connect to this router too.

So make sure the router you are trying to connect to is NOT in a Bridge mode.

Last edited: