xiaomi phone encryption

pathfinder

Members
Oct 3, 2012
Hi..

Apology is this have been answered before, I did search but couldn't find any info..

When I setup my corpotate email account on my xiaomi Mi3 phone it asked me to encrypt the phone.. so I get a screen with "Encrypt phone" button, when I click the button it shows me black screen when green (outline) android and that's it.. nothing happen after that no matter how long I leave the phone..

I remeber when I had nexus 4 with pure android ROM it shows the same screen but under the android picture there was a progress bar, when I installed MiUI Rom on it I couldn't encypt the phone anymore..

Is it something to do with the Phone or the OS ?

Hi..

Apology is this have been answered before, I did search but couldn't find any info..

When I setup my corpotate email account on my xiaomi Mi3 phone it asked me to encrypt the phone.. so I get a screen with "Encrypt phone" button, when I click the button it shows me black screen when green (outline) android and that's it.. nothing happen after that no matter how long I leave the phone..

I remeber when I had nexus 4 with pure android ROM it shows the same screen but under the android picture there was a progress bar, when I installed MiUI Rom on it I couldn't encypt the phone anymore..

Is it something to do with the Phone or the OS ?

I have the same problem and unable to proceed with setup of my corporate account without encryption..... Please help!!!

There are some topics on xda. If you Google for "Exchange no pin" you will most likely end up there. I had the same issue on my mi2s and solved it with a patched mail.apk and exchange.apk bypassing the security requirements from my composites exchange server.