Xiaomi restricting access to it's mainland china server?

doofie

Members
May 10, 2019
hi, i was talking to a xiaomi seller over robovac. He was telling me that xiaomi no longer allow other country from accessing it's mainland china server anymore? Does anybody know if this is true? I've a lot of xiaomi devices but i'm using the mainland china server because it's more integrated. if this is true, all my devices won't work anymore?

hi, i was talking to a xiaomi seller over robovac. He was telling me that xiaomi no longer allow other country from accessing it's mainland china server anymore? Does anybody know if this is true? I've a lot of xiaomi devices but i'm using the mainland china server because it's more integrated. if this is true, all my devices won't work anymore?
have you even tried?

i was intending to get the roborock t6 but he's recommending me to get s6 for international. but i need t6 because all my devices are connecting through the mainland china server. And no, i don't have roborock t6 thats why i was wondering if there's any truth in what the seller said.

i was intending to get the roborock t6 but he's recommending me to get s6 for international. but i need t6 because all my devices are connecting through the mainland china server. And no, i don't have roborock t6 thats why i was wondering if there's any truth in what the seller said.
Some devices are for China market only so it could well be correct - but considering you are accessing (i presume) the Chinese server currently that would suggest you are still able to use it from abroad, e.g. outside of China mainland.