Xiaomi Router app translation

djess88

Members
Jun 9, 2014
Hi Xiaomi fans!
I've just purchased the 1TB Xiaomi Router and it is awesome! The only problem, as usual, is the chinese language. We can use Google Translate service for the Web-based interface, but not for the mobile app.
The app is partially located in english, but you have to switch the entire phone to english (US) language... And it is not the case since I am not English.
Then I tried to translate the app myself, depacking the apk and editing the "strings.xml" file. Not difficult at all. But when rebuilding the app, the phone (Mi2S with latest MIUI) cannot install it. After forcing the install, I managed to launch the fresh translated app, but it force closes after a few seconds.
I'm not a developer, so maybe I'm just forgetting some steps during the rebuild.
If someone could explain me how to rebuild a Xiaomi app I would do it myself. Otherwise, I have the Italian "strings.xml" file for some skilled developer ready to be sent!

I would really like an English translation. I have installed the developer firmware. I am having to restart it every 48hrs to keep good service. When its working its great!

The phone does not need to switch to English, just install the application and framework Xposed App setting
In App setting to find the application Xiaomi router and the colors of Language Change Language to English, then the application will be in English, and you can use the phone in their native language

Xposed download the application here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-WFKEDjxpn0eS1fbXhiSFUtYm8/edit?usp=sharing

Once installed, find the applications development module App setting and the install

Last edited:
The phone does not need to switch to English, just install the application and framework Xposed App setting
In App setting to find the application Xiaomi router and the colors of Language Change Language to English, then the application will be in English, and you can use the phone in their native language

Xposed download the application here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-WFKEDjxpn0eS1fbXhiSFUtYm8/edit?usp=sharing

Once installed, find the applications development module App setting and the install

i tryed to do you procedure but the app still in chinese
i don't think the apps have the english language included
this is why it cant not jump to english

thank you cpasmoi, you are the best
the apps is in english not fully translated but for the 1st version it is quite good
Super job and super fast
:):)

is there any hope that there will be fully english router ui and android app in the future?

you have apk in 80% in english made by cpasmoi
you can use it ,
and actually you can set the mini router for a standard use
for the advanced settings , we need to wait the full translation of this app

the APK works fine
the WIFI Router ROM is still in english , Miui said that they will make an English rom
but actually this apk is enough to rename SSID and the set the a password.

xiaomi should starting acting like the global company they are and provide multi language support in their devices, ended up putting away my router because of the same problem, but i am going to try some of the tips i see here to see if i can at least have a semblance of english

Do you have any updates on this matter?
I am waiting a Mi Router mini for my home.

Do you have any advices for me?

Still no news about the APP in ENGLISH or the ROM for the device itself
some guys use google to translate the interface when you are connected on the Mini Wifi Router

Thank you for your input.

I read that some people use Google Chrome to translate automatically - without the Copy -> Paste time - to set it up.
I will use it on the beginning connected via Ethernet.

I just bought the two routers due to a 20% discount on networking.
So, I will need it :)

Hi Xiaomi fans!
I've just purchased the 1TB Xiaomi Router and it is awesome! The only problem, as usual, is the chinese language. We can use Google Translate service for the Web-based interface, but not for the mobile app.
The app is partially located in english, but you have to switch the entire phone to english (US) language... And it is not the case since I am not English.
Then I tried to translate the app myself, depacking the apk and editing the "strings.xml" file. Not difficult at all. But when rebuilding the app, the phone (Mi2S with latest MIUI) cannot install it. After forcing the install, I managed to launch the fresh translated app, but it force closes after a few seconds.
I'm not a developer, so maybe I'm just forgetting some steps during the rebuild.
If someone could explain me how to rebuild a Xiaomi app I would do it myself. Otherwise, I have the Italian "strings.xml" file for some skilled developer ready to be sent!
Screenshot_2015-01-05-15-15-36.png

i downloaded the app and my phone system is english, and i belive it goes after systeme language , im my case the basic are in englisch too

I leave here the PC Client for Mi Wifi Routers patched with English language:
http://en.miui.com/thread-55671-1-1.html

Until the official release of English support for Mi Wifi Routers (Hugo Barra stated that this [firmware, apps and PC Client] and Mi Phone Manage will get support from Xia0mi soon), we already have three solutions:
- App translated;
- PC Client translated;
- Google Chrome automated translations.

It seems a good middle point until the official support.

english apk 1.1.8 doesnt work any more
with the new stable ROM 0.7.50 for the MINI WIFI ROUTER

we need to have a translation of the last APK 1.2.10

i did the update to the last version 0.7.80
this firmware works like a charm
super antenna power but still the interface in chinese
i use GOOGLE to translate the webpage in order to make the settings

attention : by default the Mi Router make a second ip range (safety reason certainly)
so no access to your home network
i pass few minutes to find the settings to get the same range : call extension wifi range

Last edited:
i did the update to the last version 0.7.80
this firmware works like a charm
super antenna power but still the interface in chinese
i use GOOGLE to translate the webpage in order to make the settings

attention : by default the Mi Router make a second ip range (safety reason certainly)
so no access to your home network
i pass few minutes to find the settings to get the same range : call extension wifi range
Are you referring to the Developer option?
Because I only see the 0.7.20 (22th January) as the latest stable version for this router.

I just received my router and flashed the latest firmware, so I have no comparison point to the oldest.
But, I can safely say that the range is on pair with my ADSL AC1200 TP-Link Archer D5 router (of the new series), which is pretty good.

I also use the Google Chrome auto-translation to use the Mi Router mini.
This can be made connecting the Mi Router mini via the Ethernet port, having another router with internet access connected to the PC via Wi-fi.

Relating to the Access Point configuration:
I have my ADSL router receiving the outer signal (TP-Link Archer D5). This is the primary router, with the IP Address 192.168.1.1.
This primary router is linked to a powerline (TP-Link TL-PA4020P), that takes the signal to the Mi Router mini.
I chose the LAN to LAN connection in order to share files on my network.
The Mi Router mini had to be configured with the IP Address 192.168.1.2, and the DHCP server is turned OFF.
This way you can have a good network, share files and a good signal.
Additionally, I have a set-top-box (MINIX Neo X8-H) with another Powerline receiving the signal through the Ethernet port.

I saw an option to use another MAC address.
Does anyone knows anything about this?
I assume this is made to copy a Wi-fi network.
This is good to change between routers without having to configure two networks.
I will try it for sure!

PS: The app did not recognize the Mi Router mini.
I do not know if it was because I changed the SSID to simply Xiaomi (instead of Xiaomi_XXX).
Honestly, I do not really care about the app. Mainly because I can do everything through the air, using the 192.168.1.2 configuration page (the stock one is 192.168.31.1).

PPS: The auto configuration (only on LAN to WAN setting) did not work, and turn the router unusable.
I needed to perform a Reset in order to configure it again manually.

Last edited:
Hello guys,

The last Android app in development state from Xiaomi, the 2.0.x, is running in English.
New UI and everything is in English, apart from the changelog.

I do not have my mini and big routers with me.
Can anyone confirm me if the 2.0.x firmware of the routers have English on its UI?

Thank you in advance.