MULTI 5.1.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed this on redmi 2.

First thing I notice is the vibration.. its not good, very weird compared to my mi3 and redmi 1s, and how the redmi 2 was on last rom.

Secondly, touch sounds. Both the touch and lock/unlock sounds are completely different. Touch sounds don't have consistent volume. Sometimes the volume is low and other times it sounds too loud, seems random.

I also noticed some display flickering when going through settings menu, probably auto brightness bug.

Is it possible to downgrade to last version, or to official miui stable rom? I like using vibration + touch sounds so both these bugs are kind of annoying.

One more question... is OTA updates on this rom incremental? Or will I have to download 400mb for next OTA? If it is incremental I will just keep it until next and hope issues are fixed.

One more question... is OTA updates on this rom incremental? Or will I have to download 400mb for next OTA? If it is incremental I will just keep it until next and hope issues are fixed.
full ROM only..

full ROM only..
Ok. I'm wondering if the volume bug is just for this multi version, or does it affect the official 5.1.23? It is kind of annoying when it keeps going low then high. I think touch sounds are related to ringtone volume, so would this indicate some problem with the volume slider adjusting itself constantly?

iphone 4s was released in 2011 and still got the new iOS in 2015 (8.1.3)... if its a disaster you can go back... give me the choice... if you want miui then buy xiaomi devices???? i don' t agree with that, sorry man... and if it wasn't for Ivan mi2 would never get kit kat.
LG released G2 with 4.1--->4.4--->lollipop .... Samsung, Motorola did the same.... lets see if Xiaomi does the same with Mi4 without the help of the community.
Same here. I will never buy HTC because I can't have Sense on my Mi4. Shame HTC. I will never buy Samsung because I can't have TouchWiz on my Mi4. Shame Samsung. I will never buy an iPhone because I can't have iOS on my Mi4. Shame Apple. I will never buy MI4 because I can't have MIUI on my.. Oh wait..Yes I can.

Every phone maker wants their OS special for their devices! What an ignorance.

Wysłane z MI4

Reactions: laueugen
Should not be any problem, it has worked at first try for me and I use MiFlash periodically for clean installation without any issues.

I have got MiFlash tool from official en.miui.com, it is the same as I linked for you before:

http://en.miui.com/thread-43681-1-1.html

Otherwise the topic what I linked above is the flashing guide for MIUI6 SE edition for Mi2s. Perhaps it might be useful for you...good luck!

i did it on my ubuntu laptop. Thanks a lot for your help. :)

Just updatet from 4.12.5 - FINAL MIUIv5 to 5.1.23 on my MI2s

Everthing works, but not the WLAN. I cant turn it on, BT, data etc. works.

Please help. Do i need to go back to 4.12.5?

mi2s no wlan.png

Same here. I will never buy HTC because I can't have Sense on my Mi4. Shame HTC. I will never buy Samsung because I can't have TouchWiz on my Mi4. Shame Samsung. I will never buy an iPhone because I can't have iOS on my Mi4. Shame Apple. I will never buy MI4 because I can't have MIUI on my.. Oh wait..Yes I can.

Wysłane z MI4
miui would never exist if it weren't for other devices.... nexus one, htc desire, samsung nexus s, samsung galaxy nexus, s3, s4, moto defy, htc hd2 and the list goes on and on... we even donated for buying a nexus S to Mark so he can develop for it... the first xiaomi device came a lot later... no worries man, i am not going to buy a smartphone just for miui (though i like miui a lot).

ignorance is when you don' t appreciate the power of the community...

i dont really need miui, i love my LG G2 the way it is, its just that i am really sorry to see a great community fall into pieces... back in 2010 everyone was supporting each other, now only the roms section of the forum gets updated and the mi2 section, mainly for the work of Ivan, Micha and Wajk... users are just beta-testers for xiaomi and you keep supporting this behaviour... oh yes you must have your "reasons"...

p.s. 1 every phone maker wants their OS special but the other phonemakers dont steal the work of the community without giving credit ... xposed framework rings a bell? oh yes it does...

p.s. 2 you are the first admin thats pushing users away, very arrogant and immature.

p.s. 3 you think that, if Mi devices weren't so cheap people would buy them for miui? wake up man, the only reason xiaomi sells so many devices is because they are great value for money and this is happening because they don' t pay for patents...

Reactions: gabril
i did it on my ubuntu laptop. Thanks a lot for your help. :)
Nice to hear that! Please keep im mind this method, because you might have to use again soon when the Lollipop based MIUI will be released for Mi2S

Sent from my Mi2S / MIUI6

Just updatet from 4.12.5 - FINAL MIUIv5 to 5.1.23 on my MI2s

Everthing works, but not the WLAN. I cant turn it on, BT, data etc. works.

Please help. Do i need to go back to 4.12.5?

View attachment 9464
Please read back from comment #135 in this topic. It is the same issue as you have.

Sent from my Mi2S / MIUI6

Hello everyone, I need help, please! I installed this weekly release of miui v6 on my Mi 4 WCDMA, and it works well.
The problem is that when I restart the device, it goes in bootloop and to solve this situation I have to go in recovery and restart it on the older system. I come from the italian version of miui. Any suggestion?

Hello everyone, I need help, please! I installed this weekly release of miui v6 on my Mi 4 WCDMA, and it works well.
The problem is that when I restart the device, it goes in bootloop and to solve this situation I have to go in recovery and restart it on the older system. I come from the italian version of miui. Any suggestion?
make full wipe and dont use WSM tools...

Here is the MIUI6 5.1.23 fastboot release for Mi2S:

http://bigota.d.miui.com/5.1.23/aries_beta_images_5.1.23_4.4_cn_9a375fa3af.tgz

0. make backup of your phone if necessary
1. Download fastboot ROM to PC and unzip it.
2. Install MiFlash on PC, run as Admin
3. Start Mi2S in Fastboot mode (switch on the phone by press and hold the volume down and power buttons at the same time)
4. connect phone to PC using data cable, and click refresh in MiFlash to detect the phone
5. Browse the unpacked fastboot folder from MiFlash and switch to advanced mode and browse the requested files one by one. For Fastboot Script: browse flash_all.bat file. For NvBoot Script: Leave it on default value. The others are obviously!
6. Click flash (it will take a while untill completed)--> Yow will lose all of your data from your phone, including SD. Make sure first you have backup if necessary!
7. Install Mulilang ROM via updater app
the file is .tar, must rename it in .tgz?

No. You need to unpack this archive.

Wysłane z MI4

If it's gz. Do you have gz extension?
It doesn't matter. You have to unpack this archive. Doesn't matter what extension it has. The files are in that archive..

Wysłane z MI4

Reactions: thaimax

You have cwm recovery or stock one? I had that problem using cwm

Wysłane z MI4

Agree and quote

Status
Not open for further replies.