New [critical] File Picker Broken On All Miui7/8 Of Xiaomi.eu.

Xu5Ail2i

Members
Jul 9, 2016
Hello,

The Xiaom.eu rom have broken 'Documents' application. It may not sound too drastic, but the Documents application provides the system's file picker (com.android.documentsui) making it *IMPOSSIBLE* to choose files and locations in may applications (MDScan, Print to PDF via Chrome browser, SDMaid's choosing SD card location and many, many more).

I am facing this issue on Redmi Note 3 Pro running 7.4 by xiaomi.eu (6.5.26). I've checked and all of xiaomi.eu roms, all devices (Mi Note Pro, Redmi Note 3 Pro and Redmi 3 tested) both on MIUI7 and the latest MIUI8.

The Documents app does work on the Global rom (tho it's disabled every reboot, totally separated issue!)

It has been also reported to official miui forums, no solution has been found - en.miui.com /thread-296579-1-1.html

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Chrome Browser.
2. Go to any web page
3. Choose Print
4. Choose Print to File
5. If you did not yet enabled Documents app, you will get notification that Documents app is disabled and to enable it first. If you have it enabled, you will have just a white screen for less than 1s and then you will return to Chrome. No file has been saved, logcat shows crash in the Documents app.

Weird.. Printing to PDF from chrome works for me.. On Mi5..

4683540a1c4d4edcc586ba13673b6351.jpg

2f837d13d332ce8a7675b86701222af4.jpg

~Tapatalk Mi5~

In that case, it could be Android 5(.1) thing. I just re-checked. Fully reproducable on Redmi 3 Pro and Redmi Note 3 Pro.