Redmi Note 3 Special Edition (kate) In Boot Loop

zsoltsandor

Members
Aug 23, 2016
Hi there,
I got a Redmi Note 3 Special Edition (Kate) as a gift and now it is stuck in boot loop.
Things that happened before getting into boot loop:
  • I activated encryption
  • Play Store got frozen

Things to consider:
  • Bootloader is locked
  • ADB debug mode was not turned on
  • I am using Linux

Now I tried all the solutions I could find, limited by the fact that I'm using Linux.
  • Booting into Fastboot works but I can't do much there because bootloader is locked.
  • Booting into Download Mode(? the one with the plugged in device screen) works, adb sees the device, but I can't boot into EDL, "adb reboot edl" reboots the phone normally.
  • Booting into Test Mode works, but adb does not see the device, so I can't boot into EDL.

How can I solve this problem?
Shall I find a Windows machine and use Mi PC Suite? Will that solve the problem?

I have no intention to disassemble the phone, and I would like to have a working phone. It's a bit too expensive for a paper weight.

You may need a modified fastboot command that is windows only, but Can dolce problem passing edl parameter to the device, allowing you to flash it. There is a xda thread and another thread in this forum, it's for Kenzo but i think Can work also with kate

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

I think I will wait for the official unlock approval and then do a clean fastboot flash. Everything else feels too risky, unrelieble, unclear.