8.9.13 Issues

Dorisnov

Members
Jun 19, 2018
I think is a good idea having a post to comment the issues we have in this ROM release and try to find solutions or see if any issue could be general.

In my case I have the following issues:
  • When I unlock the phone I get a message asking to don't cover the sensor area. I didn't had this issue using the stable release.
  • Telegram notifications don't work. Even blocking the app in the recent apps.
  • Boot up time is over a minute.
All this issues installing the rom after a full wipe and data format. I've tryied to solve this issues dirty-flashing the rom over, but I just have the same issues and also lost the write permissions to the root directory (cant erase anything in priv-apps, for exemple). Later I'll try to flash the rom again with full wipe and format again.

• When I unlock the phone I get a message asking to don't cover the sensor area. I didn't had this issue using the stable release.
    • same for me, but it just pops up and directly goes away, so "just" confusing
  • Telegram notifications don't work. Even blocking the app in the recent apps.
    • also experience some notification "errors", but mainly in forwarding them to a smartwatch/sports tracker (garmin). It worked before (also xiaomi.eu rom), but now i do not get a few to work
  • Boot up time is over a minute.
    • boot time didn´t changed for me

Reactions: Oyabun Wiep
    • same for me, but it just pops up and directly goes away, so "just" confusing

Some times it pops up even when I already unlocked the phone.

I also found a bug when trying to expand Gmail new messages notification, it causes the UI to go black, and then ask the phone password as if it had been screen locked. Everything goes back to normal after unlocking the phone

I have no notifications at all with Hangouts and Whatsapp .. I have checked alle settings but imo all settings are ok. Also calling with camera in Hangouts it is impossible to flip camera is used to when to make picture. Especially the missing notifications is very annoying.

Reactions: Oyabun Wiep
I also found a bug when trying to expand Gmail new messages notification, it causes the UI to go black, and then ask the phone password as if it had been screen locked. Everything goes back to normal after unlocking the phone

Seems like the app force closed. This release has some bugs...

Just did this:
  1. Flashed from fastboot 8.9.13 global beta.
  2. Formated data partition.
  3. Installed the ROM and Magisk.
At this time just had the "dont cover the sensor area" error. I'll report if there is any new.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shenzou
  • Telegram/Whatsapp notifications don't work (or work randomly, with enormous delay)
  • Miui gallery app don't remember most used/recent app in pop up menu "SEND TO" (like in MIUI10 stable)
I came back to miui 10 stable, i need notifications working

• Telegram/Whatsapp notifications don't work (or work randomly, with enormous delay)
  • Miui gallery app don't remember most used/recent app in pop up menu "SEND TO" (like in MIUI10 stable)
I came back to miui 10 stable, i need notifications working

I just did the same. I need my phone to work properly.

All this issues installing the rom after a full wipe and data format. I've tryied to solve this issues dirty-flashing the rom over, but I just have the same issues and also lost the write permissions to the root directory (cant erase anything in priv-apps, for exemple). Later I'll try to flash the rom again with full wipe and format again.

It seems decryption works in android 9 in the new China TWRP from Wzsx150 - version 16/09.

Any of the issues we said here has been recognized? Can't find any post from admins about this in the 8.9.13 post.

Just found a post saying Hangouts notification only works if the message is a picture.

WhatsApp notifications do work but i can't expand them nor reply to messages.

How's your battery with this rom? Did you find any major improvements with pie?

I think he is talking about this (not sure):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v_OToPavYCqEOTo1CzAVn7l_GHnBtR3Z/view

But I used the XDA one by notsyncing and flash went OK.

That's the old one, the XDA one by notsyncing flash is ok, BUT, every time you flash a new rom, you have to factory reset because the internal can't be read due to encryption, even flashing the same rom, as Dorisnov mentioned in his post.

I have reupload the new one here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OcYTEwz2vmzw94s9sQc9I0wCDEXqrGtV

This is made by Wzsx150 on China MIUI forum.

That's the old one, the XDA one by notsyncing flash is ok, BUT, every time you flash a new rom, you have to factory reset because the internal can't be read due to encryption, even flashing the same rom, as Dorisnov mentioned in his post.

I have reupload the new one here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OcYTEwz2vmzw94s9sQc9I0wCDEXqrGtV

This is made by Wzsx150 on China MIUI forum.
And with this one, is fixed the encryption problem each time that you flash a new Rom?
I think the solution when you get the encryption issue is doing a format data more than doing any wipe. May be I'm wrong.

Enviado desde mi MIX 2S mediante Tapatalk

And with this one, is fixed the encryption problem each time that you flash a new Rom?
I think the solution when you get the encryption issue is doing a format data more than doing any wipe. May be I'm wrong.

If you flash new EU rom every week, without this TWRP, you need to format data everyweek and it's ...a pain in the ass....at least to me....

If you flash new EU rom every week, without this TWRP, you need to format data everyweek and it's ...a pain in the ass....at least to me....
Of course it's for me too! Then this twrp is the properly one in order to go from 8.8.3 (oreo) to 8.9.13 (P)? And of course for the futures beta Roms of eu? Thanks very much buddy

This is simply not true.
You have to format data if you move to a rom with excrypted data (for example, stock one) to a rom without encryption (for example, xiaomi.eu).
When you update the weekly version of xiaomi.eu there is no need to format data.
Still format data has been suggested when changing android version of the weekly rom (for example recently from Oreo to Pie for the Mi Mix 2S).

Reactions: EnormoDerClown
Correct, no reason for wiping anything for a "normal" udapte. So a update without changing OS Version oder going to/from Stable and so on. Always did that

I am using xiaomi.eu rom since the first public one on mi mix 2s. Only wipe i had to do was with the change to android 9

Is this image compatible with the XA model?
recovery-TWRP-3.2.3-0916-XIAOMI_MIX2S CN wzsx150.img