Updating Xiaomi.eu (Version 11.0.2.0) - How To?

AidWil

Members
Dec 8, 2019
Hi,

I am very new to the whole custom ROM thing and I have been using Xiaomi.eu ROM on my Mi 8 and now my K20 Pro but I can't really find any information on updating that I understand.

I would simply like to know how to update MIUI to the newest version of Xiaomi.eu. On the 'Updater' app I get nothing, only the option to basically reinstall version I have. Is it possible to simply move the newest version (e.g. 11.0.4.0) into my phone storage and then select it with the updater app? And what if I want to use the weekly ROM? Do I need to use TWRP and will my data be lost?

Apologies for my very basic understanding of all this.

Thanks in Advance.

Reactions: stevemac
Simple answer is...
You need to flash TWRP for your device...
Then you can flash Xiaomi EU ROM...
And yes....you will lose all data on your device, because to install TWRP you need to unlock your bootloader...

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

I think you misunderstand.

I already have an unlocked bootloader as I already have Xiaomi.eu. I am asking how to update it.

The answer is given in every 1st post of the weekly/stable download thread:
To be honest, don't do it, stock ROM have the best Battery improvement, I tried them all they all have very huge battery issues , there is no exception Inbr, redirection remix, miui.eu/ multi and global , best for battery is STOCK ROM

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk