1.5.27 MMS/SMS Force Close

May 9, 2011
The only bug I have encountered is that if I'm scrolling through my contacts and click their name and hit SMS, I get the force close error. Also if I type someone a new message I get the force close error but it still sends the message.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Have you updated to the .27b build? If this has been launched for your device, this fixes this error.. a lot of devices had it.

thanks for the heads up i just tried it and i have the same fc error
Desire 1.5.27 1b launcher pro. cm7 Hboot

Hi, in Miui china, they have post a solution, it says the patch can be downloaded from MIUI market, only for 1.5.27

I noticed the same issue, also happens if you make a contact shortcut on the desktop and try to sms from there. Bummer, otherwise a very nice rom.

Have you updated to the .27b build? If this has been launched for your device, this fixes this error.. a lot of devices had it.

Of course I've updated to the newest build, my Fridays consists of finding hugs and updating! Is their a fix or will I have to live a week?

I get 'install failed' when I try to install this. Any ideas?

Copy to your computer, install the Android SDK (if not already installed) then:

1. adb remount
2. adb push Mms.apk /system/app/
3. Done.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi

Copied the apk with root explorer to system/app. But now I can't find shortcut to the app anywhere.. Help!

Sent from my MB525 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Replaced the file and now everytime I get a text message, certain apps are asking for permission (I forget what) and then the mms forecloses.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Hi

Copied the apk with root explorer to system/app. But now I can't find shortcut to the app anywhere.. Help!

Fixed this by setting the permission-settings on the Mms.apk.

after replace this file and set permission , my phone doesn't ring and vibrate when i reccevie sms.

Replaced the file and now everytime I get a text message, certain apps are asking for permission (I forget what) and then the mms forecloses.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

I'm also having this issue. Whenever I receive a text, in order to read it I need to allow permissions for certain apps. They seem to be randomly asking for permissions.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

I have FC each time I get sms. app updatet.

After installing the fix, i also receive FC whenever getting a txt, and On the rare occasion i do get a txt and no FC, it does not ring or vibrate.

Hi, I had the same issue with my Desire, but I went back to the standard theme and it didn't force close again. Try it...