10T lite twrp?

before I had an 8t note editor with unlocked bootloader, twrp, magisk and android 10 and I could edit the files, now I don't understand why I can't
New Devices shipped with android 10 and above from factory have this restriction.
Because of new "dynamic partition" of android.

You can read that on google sesrch

Reactions: Poney70 and berem
i want to change the permissions of some files to /vendor /etc type mixer_paths_cdp. xml
Really you shouldn't do that.
You will brick your device.
The "dynamic partitions" are really sensitive.
Modifying one partition would break all others.
Your system will go into bootloop and you have to reinstall rom

Reactions: berem
i didn't know that with android 10 this change had been made?
Not with android 10.
But with "new devices shipped with android 10"
They now come with dynamic partitions

So older devices that was shipped with android 9, 8 etc don't have this dynamic partitions.

So it is not android specific but device specific

New Devices shipped with android 10 and above from factory have this restriction.
Because of new "dynamic partition" of android.

You can read that on google sesrch
ooh, is this the reason why there is no system, vendor etc when you go to Advanced Wipe?

hi,
today i got system update notification, but since i have twrp, on reboot it went to twrp, but i don't know how to proceed for OTA installation
Did you download the rom before rebooting to twrp?

yes, he downloaded OTA and then restarted in twrp, but I didn't know how to proceed
Then the installation process should be automatic.
If you set a device lock, unlock in twrp
Installation should start

If not
Tap install on twrp
Select the ROM zip from your internal storage
Swipe to confirm flash

there is no block, so it is impossible to install ota, I have to force download the recovery rom
by installing the recovery rom, is there a risk that it will overwrite my apps?
Recovery rom from where?
Are you using Xiaomi.eu rom?
Show ma a screenshot of
Settings > my device

I asked for the link of the rom for gauguin of xiaomi.eu, also I asked the differences from the official rom

the link is from 12.0.7.0 of 18 December 2020?
Link for rom(fastboot rom). Yes 18 December 2020

For the difference look here under the heading
Our ROMs features (Whats not in Global)

Reactions: berem
are they installed with twrp or with mi flash?
i think miflash if it says fastboot
Not miflash. Install using fastboot.

Your bootloader must be unlocked
You must install fastboot drivers
All data will be erased including internal storage

Follow the instructions here

Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS [BGCOLOR=rgb(71, 85, 119)].\windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat[/BGCOLOR]

For Linux
[BGCOLOR=rgb(71, 85, 119)]./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh[/BGCOLOR]

For MacOS [BGCOLOR=rgb(71, 85, 119)]./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh[/BGCOLOR]

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Last edited:
Newbie question here. I had read that we needed a twrp for mi 10t lite to install xiaomi.eu. Can we install xiaomi.eu version for our mi 10t lite just using fastboot? What benefits give you to do it with twrp?

Thanks in advance.

- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS [BGCOLOR=rgb(71, 85, 119)].\windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat[/BGCOLOR]

For Linux
[BGCOLOR=rgb(71, 85, 119)]./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh[/BGCOLOR]

For MacOS [BGCOLOR=rgb(71, 85, 119)]./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh[/BGCOLOR]

Newbie question here. I had read that we needed a twrp for mi 10t lite to install xiaomi.eu. Can we install xiaomi.eu version for our mi 10t lite just using fastboot? What benefits give you to do it with twrp?

Thanks in advance.
For now you don't need twrp to install this rom as it is a fastboot rom. No recovery rom available yet

Simply follow the instructions.

Reactions: Poney70
For now you don't need twrp to install this rom as it is a fastboot rom. No recovery rom available yet

Simply follow the instructions.
Hey there, I have a Mi 10T Lite and I flashed the TWRP, but now internal storage is encrypted and when I try to backup or flash anything TWRP gives me weird options I've never had on another device (when flashing on other devices it just say swipe to confirm flash but on this version it gives a list of options of places I can flash too). I'm assuming its because my internal storage is encrypted, does formatting data within twrp then rebooting to recovery and installing magisk then rebooting system work, or is there another way?
I plan to flash a GSI so any help is appreciated :)
Thanks

I hope there will be something like OrangeFox at one point too lol, i am so used to use OrangeFox that its a weird change to use TWRP again lol

Reactions: geoorg

For Linux

hi im following this instructions but im stuck here:
You are going to wipe your data and internal storage. It will delete all your files and photos stored on internal storage. Do you agree? (Y/N) y
product: gauguinpro
target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
sending 'boot' (41068 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.889s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.179s]
finished. total time: 1.072s

hi im following this instructions but im stuck here:
You are going to wipe your data and internal storage. It will delete all your files and photos stored on internal storage. Do you agree? (Y/N) y
sending 'boot' (41068 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.889s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.179s]
finished. total time: 1.072s
Twrp is now available for your device so no need for fastboot rom installation ;)

ROM
xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9Pro5G_MI10TLite_V12.0.11.0.QJSCNXM_v12-10.zip

TWRP
twrp-3.5.A10-gauguin-geoanto555.img

Twrp is now available for your device so no need for fastboot rom installation ;)

ROM
xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9Pro5G_MI10TLite_V12.0.11.0.QJSCNXM_v12-10.zip

TWRP
twrp-3.5.A10-gauguin-geoanto555.img
Short story: I have the note 9pro 5g with chinese rom but I didn't have any google services so I flashed global rom but my device is not certified so no way of fixing with no root. So I'm trying to install eu rom but twrp data is encrypted while using it.

How do I install if everything is encrypted when I boot into twrp?