11T Pro always on display turns off when dark or very low light

fx777

Members
Feb 6, 2022
Hi. Tried to search for an answer to this, but can't seem to find one other than posts from 2018/2019 on other phone models saying this issue would be addressed soon, but 2022 and the issue is still present?

Always on display is set to 'always' and the option to turn off when battery saver is on is also turned off, so basically my AOD should be on all the time. However, after about 5 minutes at night after you turn the light out, the AOD switches itself off. As soon as you switch a light back on the AOD turns back on. You can also replicate this by covering the light sensor at the front say with a cushion in a dim room and again the AOD goes off after 5 minutes. Surely this isn't normal behaviour especially as the setting is set to always be on? Its highly annoying as coming from Samsung the AOD stays on all the time and is useful as a night clock. Having it turn off is pointless as its not then an always on display?

Anyone else had this issue?

If you are using a custom ROM from xiaomi.eu, you can disable this feature. If you are using Global ROM you are in the wrong forum.

Turn off in the dark To save battery power, items will not be displayed if:
1. The device is in the dark for a long time.
2. If Do Not Disturb mode is activated.

Odesláno z Poco F3 pomocí Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_20220206_095440.jpg
    IMG_20220206_095440.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 823
Last edited:
Apologies I didn't realise this forum was for custom ROMs. So myself being on the standard stock global ROM, then this is normal behaviour as it should be then, ie it turns off when dark?

How to disable 5 minutes time out for always on display on xiaomi mi11 in dark or low light?
Disabling the MUI optimization is no use. Where tons of the same fix can be found at YouTube but doesn't work.
Kindly help me out of this annoying glitch of Xiaomi.Thanks

Apologies I didn't realise this forum was for custom ROMs. So myself being on the standard stock global ROM, then this is normal behaviour as it should be then, ie it turns off when dark?
Headache right??? Why not one or anybody can answer our issue... So desperate now.

Even at miui14, this issue still hasn't been resolved. Which is why miui is a terrible os! Is like they are designing features to benefit the phone and not the user using it. Which is why i adb remove the stock and use 3rd party ones.

Now at miui14, bluetooth will turn back on automatically everyday. Just stupendous design.