New 12.5.10 some recent apps not open

Hello. Since today on Miui 12.5.5 EU Stable, with Nova Launcher beta updated 15/09 , I don't notice this annoying bug anymore.

Firmware upgrade I didn't see..
Only Play store Apps and in this list is Nova Launcher.

Great

Enviado desde mi M2007J3SC mediante Tapatalk

Is this confirmed to fix it?
Can you maybe create flashable TWRP zip, for those of us who are not rooted?

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk
I will look at it. Initially that is how I tried, but for some reason none of the TWRP zips would install on my device.

However you should keep in mind there may be some other downside to installing it directly as opposed to systemless... you might loose SafetyNet certification and will have to resort to the same Magisk. (take all that with a grain of salt)

Reactions: Ratzfatz
I do realize that, that is why it confuses me, but I think they may be different branches hence the weird build number when compared to the actual version.

For those willing to give it a try I have created this Magisk module (based on https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-launcher-moded.59189/#post-581812) that downgrades the MIUI Launcher version to the last RELEASE version that does not exhibit the bug (4.21.16.3126).

Let me know if that does the trick for you guys. On my Poco F2 Pro running MIUI stable v12.5.4 it seems to work just fine. But of course take it with a grain of salt.

PS: SafetyNet still ok if you are wondering.
Hey mate, could you re-upload? It seems like it's expired. Thanks!

One workaround I figured for this issue is going to Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps, find "System launcher", then "Force stop".
Apparently the issue happens when switching to a third-party launcher while System launcher is still running in the background, which causes hardware acceleration to be disabled for the Recents panel unexpectedly. Tough issue to figure out, even tougher to find a fix for it that doesn't involve forcefully killing the System launcher whenever switching to another launcher.

Is this confirmed to fix it?
Can you maybe create flashable TWRP zip, for those of us who are not rooted?

Here is the TWRP installer... TWRP MIUI Launcher fix

Disclaimer: Couldn't test it since as I stated it does not install for me. It is based on the same https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-launcher-moded.59189/#post-581812 so it should work without any issues. But keep in mind the that SafetyNet may fail after this!

Last edited:
Reactions: KL7000F
@adriantc Can you please change the permissions on the file? I can't download it as it's showing

This file is not public.​

Thank you for your work.

One workaround I figured for this issue is going to Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps, find "System launcher", then "Force stop".
Apparently the issue happens when switching to a third-party launcher while System launcher is still running in the background, which causes hardware acceleration to be disabled for the Recents panel unexpectedly. Tough issue to figure out, even tougher to find a fix for it that doesn't involve forcefully killing the System launcher whenever switching to another launcher.
Or just freeze it with titanium or other tools if you are rooted.

Regards.

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

Attachments

• 1632149213585.jpg
    1632149213585.jpg
    536 KB · Views: 171
Hello. Since today on Miui 12.5.5 EU Stable, with Nova Launcher beta updated 15/09 , I don't notice this annoying bug anymore.

Firmware upgrade I didn't see..
Only Play store Apps and in this list is Nova Launcher.

Great

Enviado desde mi M2007J3SC mediante Tapatalk
Could you please go to TWRP, mount System and go to system/priv-app/MiuiHome and share the MiuiHome.apk from your ROM with us? Thank you

So I should be fine untill a reboot if I just kill it?
That's much more acceptable than having to switch back and forth between the launchers 3 times a day!

So I should be fine untill a reboot if I just kill it?
That's much more acceptable than having to switch back and forth between the launchers 3 times a day!

No... If you have another launcher set as default, MIUI launcher shouldn't autostart after reboot...

Waiting for a nonroot solution. I am thinking to switch rom because of it.
I have found that killing the system launcher fixes it temporarily on my Mi 11 Ultra. As a workaround, I've used Tasker to kill the system launcher every hour in the background. It restarts itself instantly and works until it re-breaks, by which point Tasker should have killed it again. If force killing the launcher temporarily fixes it for you, this should work.

It didn't require root but you do have to use a PC to enable Tasker to access ADB over WiFi every time the device restarts. I very rarely restart so it isn't a huge deal, and you can do it very quickly if you put the command in a batch file.

You enable debugging in dev options, plug into a PC and run

Code:
.\adb tcpip 5555

from the ADB directory. Tasker will then ask for WiFi debugging access. You can then create a task in Tasker under App > Kill App and schedule it to run every however often - it provides an ADB guide when you first create it.

For those willing to give it a try I have created this Magisk module
Hi, I found this discussion about this most annoying bug, xiaomi.eu on the Mi Ultra 11 is my first stock ROM since many years customized roms, though the xiaomi.eu here is rooted. I'm Nova launcher user since many years. As I understand for now, killing the system launcher solves the issue temporarily, replacing the system launcher by the older version either by Magisk module or flashable ZIP solves it at least until the next xiaomi.eu upgrade. Does that mean, that "recent apps" manager is provided by the launcher app? Does Nova Launcher has it's own "recent apps" implementation or do I still need the System launcher? So far when switching to the Nova Launcher I also have frozen or even removed the System Launcher with Titanium Backup. Could I just remove the buggy System Launcher?

Hi, I found this discussion about this most annoying bug, xiaomi.eu on the Mi Ultra 11 is my first stock ROM since many years customized roms, though the xiaomi.eu here is rooted. I'm Nova launcher user since many years. As I understand for now, killing the system launcher solves the issue temporarily, replacing the system launcher by the older version either by Magisk module or flashable ZIP solves it at least until the next xiaomi.eu upgrade. Does that mean, that "recent apps" manager is provided by the launcher app? Does Nova Launcher has it's own "recent apps" implementation or do I still need the System launcher? So far when switching to the Nova Launcher I also have frozen or even removed the System Launcher with Titanium Backup. Could I just remove the buggy System Launcher?
Normally a system upgrade shouldn't impact the fix by Magisk module. If it is flashed it will need to be reflashed. And unfortunately yes... recent apps is provided by the system launcher and as far as I know Nova Launcher does not have a recent apps implementation (might be wrong). You can try to remove it, but make sure you have a backup.

In my case I plan to keep the module on the long term until Xiaomi comes with a fix (I don't plan to update the OS version any time soon as you can see how many incredible bugs Xiaomi manages to introduce with any new version).

Hi,
the problem is still there with the Poco F3 in stable v.12.5.14.0. The fix from @adriantc had to be reinstalled because there was an optical error (white background in recent apps). After this, still works very well! :)

I am using @adriantc's Magisk module with the latest weekly beta – 21.9.22 and works fine! I just need to flash the "Magisk_v23.0.zip" in TWRP again and the module is still in the Magisk.