New 12.5.10 some recent apps not open

It also seems to be solved when setting the "Recent apps" layout to "Horizontally".
EDIT: Ok, I'm wrong, still failing.

Last edited:
It also seems to be solved when setting the "Recent apps" layout to "Horizontally".
Just tried that. Doesn't help me. Error can still be forced by changing to the standard theme.
Seems to have something to do with the new "improved animations" in MIUI 12.5. Could be that Xiaomi cut corners and put required code into the active launcher/foreground code instead of the general background running code.

Reactions: msssm
same issue here with my Mi 11 weekly rom!
Will this be solved after an upcoming firmware upgrade or is the solution to "stop" the system launcher.
i am using POCO LAUNCHER

@rigelve You can download it from here: Magisk_MIUI_Launcher_fix.zip

Expand??

If Magisk zip version: Open the Magisk app > Tap on the "Puzzle" icon > Tap on "Install package from storage" > Select the zip file to install it.
I haven't Magisk. What is the advantage of Magisk?
I have TWRP to Install new Releases.

Do i have to install Magisk to Install this "fix"?

Or will ist anyhow fixed in one of the next Formware Updates??

Just as I imagined, Xiaomi have NOT fixed this utterly annoying bug! Despite of what they said when I got a response from them. 12.5.17 not working.

I tested it today and uninstalled the fix from Magisk. No problems so far.
I'm with OneOS, which is based on xiaomi.eu, on version 21.9.27 (MIUI 12.6).
Will keep watching.

Edit on next day:
No problems even after about 20 hours. The error usually occurred after 1-2 hours.

I think it has been fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkingintheforest
I tested it today and uninstalled the fix from Magisk. No problems so far.
I'm with OneOS, which is based on xiaomi.eu, on version 21.9.27 (MIUI 12.6).
Will keep watching.

Edit on next day:
No problems even after about 20 hours. The error usually occurred after 1-2 hours.

I think it has been fixed.
Sounds GREAT. What phone do you have? Is 12.6 like a weekly build?

@adriantc or anybody else, would you please upload the non-root/recovery version of MIUI's fix launcher, because I have no more Magisk, but the problem is still present. I am gonna send you money for good work, just write your PayPal.
Here is the TWRP installer... TWRP MIUI Launcher fix

Disclaimer: Couldn't test it since as I stated it does not install for me. It is based on the same https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-launcher-moded.59189/#post-581812 so it should work without any issues. But keep in mind the that SafetyNet may fail after this!

Last edited: