New [12S Ultra] Default Camera App Blurry When on 1x Zoom (or when using the middle camera)

Qurative

Members
Jul 24, 2023
Hi everyone,

I had been using Xiaomi.eu on my 12S Ultra for over half a year now. Been using the latest Weekly's for the past two months now. (Am on the latest one, which presently is 14.0.23.7.17.DEV)

Recently (I can't pinpoint exactly which update it was where it first started occuring), I noticed that when I turn on my camera application, when it is on "Photo" Mode and 1X or 0.5X Zoom (which are the two modes which use the middle camera), it would appear very blurry.

When I use the 2X Zoom (which uses the left camera), or 50MP mode (also uses left camera), this issue does not exist.
And yes, I had tried changing some of the camera settings while on 0.5x or 1x mode (such as leica authentic or leica vibrant, changing the aspect ratio, turning hdr and AI off), but the issue still persists.

I had also double-checked and when on Video mode, the issue still persists if it is on 0.5x mode (which is the mode which uses the middle camera).

Anyone able to assist me with why this might be occuring? And if there is a way to fix it?

I am hoping that it is not an issue with the camera sensor itself on the middle camera, but is rather a software related issue.

Thank you!