In Progress 2.6.8 accelerometer not working on ONE X

KlavKalashj

Members
Jun 9, 2012
Hi!

I've used MIUI since it was released out of beta. It has worked fine for most releases. 2 weeks ago accelerometer broke, but was fixed with factory reset and reflash. But with 2.6.8 I can not fix it in the same way. It is as if it was inactivated (though of course it is not). I'm kind of new to this so if there is any more info I can provide, please tell me. Thanks!

Hi!

I've used MIUI since it was released out of beta. It has worked fine for most releases. 2 weeks ago accelerometer broke, but was fixed with factory reset and reflash. But with 2.6.8 I can not fix it in the same way. It is as if it was inactivated (though of course it is not). I'm kind of new to this so if there is any more info I can provide, please tell me. Thanks!
anything specificly with the accelerometer (i.e. rotating to landscape)
because its working fine for me however i am using a different kernel

The bools.xml was correct, and that was my hunch -_-.

Need to figure out how to get to that debug mode, like you can in GB MIUI.

Tested accelerometer on mi-ome plus and all seems OK

anything specificly with the accelerometer (i.e. rotating to landscape)
because its working fine for me however i am using a different kernel

Nothing requiring the accelerometer is working, not rotating to landscape, not in games (Temple Run). What kernel are you using and how can I test it?

The bools.xml was correct, and that was my hunch -_-.

Need to figure out how to get to that debug mode, like you can in GB MIUI.

Thanks for looking into it! I don't know what you just wrote means. Is the error only on my device?

Nothing requiring the accelerometer is working, not rotating to landscape, not in games (Temple Run). What kernel are you using and how can I test it?

Thanks for looking into it! I don't know what you just wrote means. Is the error only on my device?

I thought it might be a global problem relating to the settings, but my hunch was wrong. I don't know what the problem is. You can try different kernels. You can try re-flashing on top of the current ROM, ( no wipe or anything).

I thought it might be a global problem relating to the settings, but my hunch was wrong. I don't know what the problem is. You can try different kernels. You can try re-flashing on top of the current ROM, ( no wipe or anything).

Re-flashing didn't help. I'm gonna try some other kernel and if that doesn't work I'll just wait for next friday and see if anything happens. Unless there is some way to trouble shoot? Thanks anyway for your help!

You might want to try entering on the dial pad:

*#*#MIUI#*#*

Or if this doesn't work grab the mione rom and extract system/app/Cit.apk

and run that again from dialer, select the accelerometer test and check its working there.

*#*#MIUI#*#*

and run that again from dialer, select the accelerometer test and check its working there.

I tried typing *#*#MIUI#*#* in the dialer but nothing happened. I don't know where to get "mione rom", could you point me in the right direction?

Also, this issue is not fixed in the latest version, even with full wipe. How likely is it that I have a hardware problem? Is anyone with the same phone having the same issue?

*#*#MIUI#*#*

I tried typing *#*#MIUI#*#* in the dialer but nothing happened. I don't know where to get "mione rom", could you point me in the right direction?

Also, this issue is not fixed in the latest version, even with full wipe. How likely is it that I have a hardware problem? Is anyone with the same phone having the same issue?

Hi,

Got the exact same problem ! Nothing works, nor website or Temple Run... And it didn't work with both Android Revolution HD and MIUI... I started having the issue when using the franko custom kernel, are you using something like this ? Really hope it's not a hardware problem :(

Hi,

Got the exact same problem ! Nothing works, nor website or Temple Run... And it didn't work with both Android Revolution HD and MIUI... I started having the issue when using the franko custom kernel, are you using something like this ? Really hope it's not a hardware problem :(

Were not using any custom kernels in our ROMs.

My accelerometer randomly started working again yesterday, for no apparent reason. All I did was a reboot, and then I removed the simlock. Thisis getting weirder and weirder. At least I'm glad my hardware is not broken.