Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sirs,
I'm Max and I'm writing from Italy.
I need your great supporto becuase this evening, while I was trying to install MIUI on my Galaxy S2 (model is GT-I9100P) I got the following error message:

Installing: /emmc/miuiandroid_GT-I9100-2.9.21.zip
Finding Update package...
Opening Update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9100" || getprop("ro.build.product") ==
"GT-I9100" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxys2" || getprop("ro.build.product") ==
galaxys2"
E:Error in /emmc/miuiandroid_GT-I9100-2.9.21.zip (status 7)
Installation aborted.

What does is mean? I have the latest version of Siyah installed and I stricly followed the typical instructions to install a custom ROM by simply selecting the .zip file in recovery mode......
Well, you can imagine that I'm really sad for that becuase I want to use MIUI....
Please be so kind to help me.
thank you.
Best Regards,
Max

Hi Sirs,

Installing: /emmc/miuiandroid_GT-I9100-2.9.21.zip
Finding Update package...
Opening Update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9100" || getprop("ro.build.product") ==
"GT-I9100" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxys2" || getprop("ro.build.product") ==
galaxys2"
E:Error in /emmc/miuiandroid_GT-I9100-2.9.21.zip (status 7)
Max

You said you have GT-I9100P. Our ROM is for GT-I9100. Not compatible. Sorry.

Nope,

I don't even know what a GT-I9100P is.
the GT-I9100P is the Galaxy S2 with the NFC chip that permit you to trasfer data, images and more simply by touching another phone that uses the same technolgy. The funny thing is that you can use this feature if you use the original battery that is sold with your Galaxy s2 (becuase the battery has a special antenna installed inside it) but if you replace this battery with another more powerful (eg. 2000 mAmpere) you loose the functionality of the NFC chip. That's really funny.....

If that's the only difference you could try, but if it breaks the phone I'm not liable.

Sent from MIUIAndroid Phone.

Do I have to do a full wipe to install this or just flash over actual MIUI?

I´m coming from MIUI 2.9.7

Thanks

Hi,
I reported an issue with the Mobile Network Data... Thanks to Allah, it's fixed now.... Previously, I entered "internet" in "APN type", but, it must be entered "default"....
Thank you everyone for neglecting my post! :p

Reactions: lekzzz
Tried updating from 2.8.31 to 2.9.21 on my HTC sensation.. as needed - direct upgrade without full wipe... bt the phone is stuck at htc logo and after a few minutes it restarts automatically... ny possible solution ?

Miui 2.9.21 works great on ascend p1 (U9200) except one small problem. can't install Viber. :mad::(
any idea , suggestion ?

Thank you for this great rom. I put 2.9.21 on HTC Desire HD (Ace) few days back using ROM Manager. Previously I had CM 7.0.2.

I've noticed following problems over last few days and thought I'd report them. Not sure if its build or just my device. Nevertheless here they are:

1. In-Call recording - First time it worked. Subsequently whenever I tried phone dialer froze. And calling people couldn't hear each other.
2. Browser - crashes when I touch the screen (to scroll, click URLs or just touch anywhere on page). Scrolling using volume key works well.
3. Mail application - both Outlook & Gmail crashes when I try to scroll email message. Message list scrolls well, then it allows me to open any mail. Once I try to scroll open mail message to read further down, or just touch anywhere on the message window it crashes.
This seems similar issue as brower & could be something to do with HTML container used underneath.
4. Mobile Data connection - Data (GPRS/EDGE) connection not working. Checked APN settings everything is fine. Checked with operator, just in case they have any issues - they don't.
5. Camera - Coun't find Panorama shooting option (missing / removed ?)

- Cheers!

Hello from another satisfied MIUI user :)
I came from Jelly Bean stock, and I noticed that the cursor indicator is missing (the one you can move while writing
to correct typos). Is there any way to enable it, or it's been removed by design?
Thank you.

after a long time miui gb i upgraded last week to ics on my desire s. everything works well except the browser -the gb browser is 10 times better- gets a fc if i download a picture, this happens also on other browsers. how can i solve this?
someone who had the same problem and got it fixed? thanks in advance

Loving MIUI on HTC Desire S. Only recently rooted my phone and started installing custom ROMS, MIUI is the best so far. The only thing I don't like is the inability to remove the carrier logo which is really annoying as I cannot see my juice defender icon in the status bar.

Yes, the ROM is already rooted.
If this is going to be your first install and you want to have root permissions, then you must enable it in LBE Guard.

im usig miui 2.9.21 xperia s
auto rotat screen not work ( maseging. phon. contacts) but other apps settings ... work
help me tanks

after a long time miui gb i upgraded last week to ics on my desire s. everything works well except the browser -the gb browser is 10 times better- gets a fc if i download a picture, this happens also on other browsers. how can i solve this?
someone who had the same problem and got it fixed? thanks in advance
I had a similar problem on my DHD, on stock browser as well as others that use same native html engine (like my personal fav browser: dolphin). So I tried new Google Chrome for Android & it works like a charm. Much better browsing experience than stock browser too.

I've some issues on my nexus s.

1) battery drain, too fast, every 2 minutes it loses 1% (c.a.) [3g + Facebook app, screen brightness low, no rotation, no wifi, no other app in background]

2) google search on home toolbars doesn't work.

3) Often android asks me if i wanna stop an app, but it hasn't really stopped!

Thx in advance

i have a question, i dont know if it goes here, if not, please pardon me :) ics miui for sensation is sense based? jb, of course is cyanogenmod based, for both, is there a chance/way to modify icons? or to have few mods? visual, beats, etc?

again i am very sorry if it doesnt goies here

Status
Not open for further replies.