In Progress 2.9.29 (edison) Wakelock bug, battery drain, phone hot

Tim Brendel

Members
Aug 20, 2012
Hi all.

This 2.9.29 build was the first for our Atrix II (edison). The ROM is great but we are now being plagued with terrible battery drain and the phone heating up. This appears to be happening while the phone is in the screen off state. The phone appears not to go into a deep sleep.

Logcat showed issues related to dalvik so I increased the heap size in build.prop. That stopped the logcat messages. In my forums on XDA another member said that Better Battery Stats show a process called Alarms that dropped the battery 88% overnight while phone was screen off.

Can anyone help pin this down? I will help in any way needed.

I would like to add this from an Alarms dump:

android

2312ms running, 101 wakeups

42 alarms: act=android.intent.action.TIME_TICK flg=0x40000014

1 alarms: act=com.android.server.action.NETWORK_STATS_POLL flg=0x14

4 alarms: act=com.android.server.ThrottleManager.action.POLL flg=0x14

1 alarms: act=android.content.syncmanager.SYNC_ALARM flg=0x14

100 alarms: act=com.android.server.WifiManager.action.START_SCAN flg=0x14

Attachments

• AlarmDump.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 289
i get same issue from time, steps to fix:
install kernel that allows you to pick cpu governor (dorimanx, siyah etc)
download and install extweaks and cpu spy
with cpu spy check when you cpu works on maximum frequency, test governors to pick the one that gives least cpu load.

also, get betterbatterystats to check which process keeps your phone awake, use autorun manager to disable the process (proceed with caution)

i get same issue from time, steps to fix:
install kernel that allows you to pick cpu governor (dorimanx, siyah etc)
download and install extweaks and cpu spy
with cpu spy check when you cpu works on maximum frequency, test governors to pick the one that gives least cpu load.

also, get betterbatterystats to check which process keeps your phone awake, use autorun manager to disable the process (proceed with caution)

We have a locked bootloader, so no custom kernels :(