MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So i should flash older twrp then boot into new one?
The 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle2333) is the one that can be flashed into recovery memory. It is also the one which is installed with the ROMs. Because it is based on an earlier TWRP, it does not decrypt.
The 3.4.2b-0623 or TWRP 3.4.2b-1206 is the one that should be used only to boot with. It is based on a later version of TWRP, and so can decrypt. But it can brick your phone of you flash it.

I downloaded the miui 12.5 and installed it through the normal update app. Choose update package in the three dots menu. It takes quite a while but installation went smooth. After that install twrp if needed.
Hi, so you just updated like this, without changing TWRP first? I thought you have to update TWRP first to avoid decrypt issue.

Shall I format data with this on mi9. Will format data delete my personal files or just applications etc

Anyone faces also WiFi problems on the Mi 9? I am literally 1m away from my FritzBox 5690 and the phone lost connectivity until I open WiFi settings and the phone begins to search available WiFi networks. Then it's reconnected.

Installed on Mi 9T Pro Successfully
Magisk 21.2 Installed Successfully
but some apps stopped working like
DualSpace App (not the built in dual apps)
and some banking apps started to crash

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Getting a few issues with this release on mi 9 se, coming from the previous one. First of all, installing magisk seems to soft brick my device (keeps booting into fastboot instead of os). Uninstalling magisk seems to fix the issue.

Second of all, gestures seem to be totally disabled with third party launchers, unlike before when I'd get gestures just without the pill (also it'd give me access to the hold back to switch to previous app).

Thank you for the release otherwise!

Anyone faces also WiFi problems on the Mi 9? I am literally 1m away from my FritzBox 5690 and the phone lost connectivity until I open WiFi settings and the phone begins to search available WiFi networks. Then it's reconnected.
Nope. Though 1m can be to close.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Getting a few issues with this release on mi 9 se, coming from the previous one. First of all, installing magisk seems to soft brick my device (keeps booting into fastboot instead of os). Uninstalling magisk seems to fix the issue.

Second of all, gestures seem to be totally disabled with third party launchers, unlike before when I'd get gestures just without the pill (also it'd give me access to the hold back to switch to previous app).

Android 11 know bug Gestures dont work with third party launchers...

The status bar icons on Mi9 Se have increased a lot arent they?

Enviado do meu Mi 9 SE através do Tapatalk

So basically that's why I can't see the Mi 8 on the list there? And when it releases for QEACNMX Stable the developers will teases it for EU too?

Android 11 know bug Gestures dont work with third party launchers...

The status bar icons on Mi9 Se have increased a lot arent they?

Enviado do meu Mi 9 SE através do Tapatalk
Yes, the scaling seems to be on the larger side. Not a big fan of it, but display scaling S is too big while XS is too small. I might change the ppi in the dev settings unless they breaks something. Atm my priority is getting magisk running though.

Thank you.Now i have it.I have to flash first this recovery and after that the rom? And what about Magisk? Latest 21.2 and Manager 8.0.4 will work on UMI? thanks
Just make sure that you flash the correct TWRP! Once the 3.4.0 LittleTurtle is in flashed into memory, you will not need to touch that at all.
You boot with the other one, so you can then install ROMs, backup, etc.
That looks right with Magisk - and with the Canary update channel. Mine works perfectly.

Reactions: Krepsz
An interesting occurence just happened with my Mi 10 (umi). Something managed to change all 3 animation factors to x10 ! Everything was going ssssooooo slowly! I don't know what it was - just very strange.

Just make sure that you flash the correct TWRP! Once the 3.4.0 LittleTurtle is in flashed into memory, you will not need to touch that at all.
You boot with the other one, so you can then install ROMs, backup, etc.
That looks right with Magisk - and with the Canary update channel. Mine works perfectly.
Its flashed on my phone the TWRP 3.4.2B_12.06 .Its mean,that i cant flash without brick the newest beta,cos TWRP is flashe already on umi?

Last edited:
With two K20 Mi9TPro mobile phones, Gpay is not recognized at the terminal or it can be seen there that the card was not recognized.

Its flashed on my phone the TWRP 3.4.2B_12.06 and im on release 20.6.18.From this version i would to like to go on new beta.Sorry,but still not clean for me,that now i can flash trought TWRP 3.4.2B_12.06 or littleturtle,.Sorry,im very confused about this and i dont want brick my phone. So,if i good understand,that i have to flashing Littleturtle and just boot trough Fastboot on TWRP 3.4.2B_12.06 to flashing rom with it.
Yes - that looks right:

fastboot flash recovery [3.4.0-LittleTurtle2333.img]

fastboot boot [3.4.2b-1206.img]

Try this for gestures. https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/20-12-28-29.59085/post-580084

Hello. I tried installing several fonts with the hope to solve it, and IT WORKED for me with Spotify in a Mi 9 with 12.5 Weekly (I don't use Edge, so I can't tell you).

Look for "Mint leaves" in the font section, and install it.

Tell me if it worked.
Thank you for your answer. But I cannot find a font named mint leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.