MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the same here, I can't turn on wifi. Dirty update from xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK20ProMI9TPro_20.12.9_v12-10

Did you solve this?
In my Mi9 i tried everything even reflashing to stock with xiaomi flash tool and cant solve this. I think there is differents Wifi adapter for the MI9 and my Wifi adapter is not supported yet. Dont know about your phone have the same issue.

Reactions: Kostovdean
Hello!
First I thank the entire Xiaomi EU team for bringing us the latest from Xiaomi possible. I would like to tell you what I have noticed on the Mi 9 with the beta 20.12.28. In addition to what other users have already commented about Spotify and NFC, at least it takes me longer than normal to restart the phone. Even when it manages to switch from the logo to the home screen it is frozen for about 1 minute. After that everything works great.
Good day!

in our case, Mi 9 don't turn the wifi on. It's not a problem with our router, Mi9 can't find any network.

That was my problem as well, in my case it, shows the wifi network, but I was not able to connect. If you cant turn on wifi by itself, its another problem.

With the last update for MI9:
Font problem is solved.
gesture not solved
NFC is not solved.
Wifi no problem over here
Fingerprint also no problem over here.

Thank you for the effort and had work developers!!

Same here for Redmi K20Pro / Mi 9T Pro

I admit now dual sim both working simultaneously in android 11 MIUI EU, one 5G and onather one 4G, not like previously in android 10 if we want to use 5G only single sim working, another sim useless, long times issue, now is solving great job, my device mi10t 5g

Mi 10 umi
Installed this rom from booted twrp-3.4.2B-1206.
After first boot, rebooted in twrp 3.4.0 and flashed magisk 21.2: ok
Installed titanium backup: ok
Installed busybox module: ok
Installed LP and used it: seemed all ok but...
until i installed nova launcher: phone ko, bootloop
Tried to reflash the rom without wiping data, but problem persist.
Now tring reinstall after wiping data.
I don't understand if problem is: LuckyPatcher, Nova Launcher, me
I attempted to analyse where my problem was. I had LP installed, and there didn't seem to be any problem. It was after I patched something that the problems started - progressively, until a boot loop. So I put it down to the app that I had patched. I fiddled around and thought that I had sorted it. And then the corruptions came again, and a boot loop. (I actually made a few posts here about it.) The bottom line is that it was Lucky Patcher. Since removing that, I have not had any problems at all. I think that it was something like LP interacting with other apps that it had patched.

I have Magisk, and all my secure apps function perfectly. Titanium does two automatic backups every week - no problem. I have the default launcher. No problems installing ROMs either.
My conclusion - no Lucky Patcher - no problems or worries - at all!
I don't know if you saw my battery graph that I posted early this morning - a flat line. I now have a very stable system, functioning as I want it to.

Installed LP and used it: seemed all ok but...
until i installed nova launcher: phone ko, bootloop
Tried to reflash the rom without wiping data, but problem persist.
Now tring reinstall after wiping data.
I don't understand if problem is: LuckyPatcher, Nova Launcher, me
Please search this forum for "LP", I've descrobed the issue already. Giving root access to LP ~bricks your phone after reboot. For fixes there are a few stuff to try. Actually, wanna be my test subject? I ~just had moved from stock to custom, so I ~nuked myphone with wipes when this happened. But could you please run some test which might retain much more data than a clean wipe/install?
Method 1)
Boot into safe mode (reboot the phone and after the mi logo dissapears press the volume down button)
Unistall LP from settings
Note: this willprobably remove icons from your launcher.
Check this post for how to enter safe mode:
(((On my Mi9 it is working... no issues. Before you format data, reset the phone or install a fastboot image can you try this two things:

• extract the "boot.img" from installed rom and flash it with "fastboot flash boot [boot.img]" and reboot)))
  • try to start in Safe Mode
    • Safe Mode (This is not the "Recovery mode" or the "Fastboot mode" )
      In case your phone shows a lot of errors and you cant handle them because there are a lot of pop up windows or you want to deinstall something from magisk as example ... try the "safe mode" only some important standard apps will be loaded:
      1. Power off your Android device and then power it on. You can also use the Reboot or Restart option.
      2. You will see the Powered by Android logo and MI logo on the boot screen, If they disappear and the Screen ist black, press and hold the Volume Down key down so long till system ist loaded
      3. The System will load and you will see a watermark... Safe mode
      4. Deinstall the app with the error / analyze the root cause of the issue and so on ...
      5. Reboot the phone to get off the "safe mode"
      6. Perhaps after loading you have to disable AirPlane Mode
Regards Kater

Method 2)
Flash the same rom again on top of the other, it may retain almost everything.

Method 3)
Factory reset from twrp, it will probably delete apps and app data. Note that some apps you have installed, though a bit rare, might not be on google play anymore, but on third party stores, so you might have to install them from there

Method 4)
Factory reset from twrp + same rom flash

Method 5)
The nuke... Factory reset from and wipe data as well from twrp. Almost nothing is left on the phone. If you want reflash the rom as well.

Btw, search a bit more about the differences of factory reset and wipe data functions of twrp. Also you may want to unistall and reinstall magisk and its modules.

Last edited:
If you search my posts on this thread (and probably in the one of the previous rom) for "LP" you'll see that LP works for me, but without root access, meaning with less capacity. At least it doesn't brick my phone.

@Frenz75 please, before completely wiping your phone (if you're gonna do this), if you have anough time and will, try those options I gave youin the order I wrote them and tell me the first one that works. If you do this, you may help others installing and using LP without bricking their phone and resorting to clean wipe if it's fixable with less invasive methods.
Actually, you may want to try the 2nd option first and then go witht the 1st.

Last edited:
currently also in a twrp loop

this is the "old" december update from december
@alexabo we are waiting for the results :)
@alexabo we are waiting for the results :)
I have clean installed the reuploaded ROM with TWRP 3.5 without Magisk at all and I have a working system finally. Based on the previous bad experience I will not install Magisk. Since the phone is working now properly I have not installed the "old" 12.5 update (maybe some times later) and will not install Magisk hoping that our devs will solve the problem in next update and issue a ROM without loop/magisk issues. The other thing is I need the phone on the daily basis and will not risk an other clean install, moreover I got tired by now. I faced two problems with 12.5 update (bootloops and Magisk) and spent 2 days with trying to solve the problems in order to get a working phone. Thank you very much all for your help and advices.

Hi .. did someone get MIUI + to work? If so, please contact me. ;) Thx

Gesendet von meinem Redmi K30 Pro mit Tapatalk

With the new update , looks like power off menu doesn't work when pressing the button on mi9.

Envoyé de mon MI 9 en utilisant Tapatalk

Something about the update broke Spotify's icons. I tried to reinstall but didn't help.

Sorry if this has been reported already, but it's a long thread :/

Attachments

• IMG_20210104_195237.jpg
    IMG_20210104_195237.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 276
Please search this forum for "LP", I've descrobed the issue already. Giving root access to LP ~bricks your phone after reboot. For fixes there are a few stuff to try. Actually, wanna be my test subject? I ~just had moved from stock to custom, so I ~nuked myphone with wipes when this happened. But could you please run some test which might retain much more data than a clean wipe/install?
Method 1)
Boot into safe mode (reboot the phone and after the mi logo dissapears press the volume down button)

Method 2)

Method 3)
Factory reset from twrp, it will probably delete apps and app data. Note that some apps you have installed, though a bit rare, might not be on google play anymore, but on third party stores, so you might have to install them from there

Method 4)

Method 5)
The nuke... Factory reset from and wipe data as well from twrp. Almost nothing is left on the phone. If you want reflash the rom as well.

Btw, search a bit more about the differences of factory reset and wipe data functions of twrp. Also you may want to unistall and reinstall magisk and its modules.

My friend...
Method 1)

Method 2)

Method 3)

Method 4)

Method 5)

My friend, actually i'm restoring again all my apps for the umpteenth time. Today i'm tired to try again to risk a secure bootloop. I know the "safe mode" from when i bought mi LG L9. I don't thinked to try this method before reflashing last time, because i don't read the previous post in time.
For now i don't want to install LP because, but tomorrow may be that i backup all partition of my phone from twrp, because it's hard to restore medias, apps, configs ecc...not to mention that I have the dates of the all photos/videos wrong, so I have some extra work to do :(

Reactions: alexabo
Status
Not open for further replies.