MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Frenz75 @Iain_B I think I fixed it! It turns out the style of the control center was the issue! I'm using the old one. (I also use the launcher style with the drawer.) I switched to the new control center style, I edited the icons and rebooted. They stayed. Then I switched the style tothe old and rebooted. They stayed again! From the results it seems like if you want to do a "permanent" change to the those settings/icons (is it called quick settings?) you ~have to switch tothe new control center style, do the edit (reboot maybe) and change the style to the old one.
Today you're my best friend hehehe.
We solved another problem. Now i want to hide definitely hide all 3 navigation buttons, because they returns visibles when I reboot. And finally try again LP (I thinked if we can use it without root permission, or install/patch apps/uninstall?)

Inviato dal mio Mi 10 utilizzando Tapatalk

For Mi 10 umi, if i want to backup all partitions from twrp, which recovery it's correct to use? The twrp 3.4.0 flashed or the TWRP-3.4.2B-1206 only booted?
3.4.0 does not decrypt, so it would not be possible. Have just tried it and confirm that it cannot.
I have always used 3.4.2b because it is part of my ROM upgrade / installation process anyway.

So, as you correctly say, the 3.4.2b-1206 only booted :)

Reactions: Frenz75
Hello again.

In the first version of the beta 20.12.28 I still had the Absolute Volume option for Bluetooth in developer options. From the second version of 20.12.28 and even here on 20.12.30 that option no longer appears to me. Does anyone else have the same situation?

Good day!

Hi!

OK For MI9 SE, but very low system for clean ROM.

Restore Backup for config and APP. = locks the phone and overrides the typing on the keypad. I have tried it 3 times, in parts, obtaining the same result. On-screen password lock.

Change config for developer - animation 0.5 etc and Pre IA and nothing ...

Last edited:
"Other apps" is consuming lots of power but does not list which apps exactly. I barely use non-common apps on my device.
How can I see which other apps are using power?
On my Mi 10 (umi), I also have that. I also have 'Fix 1 battery usage issue'. If I click on that, it shows, 'Close apps that drain battery'. The app icons shown here could be an indicator as to what other apps are draining the battery.

On my Mi 10 (umi), I also have that. I also have 'Fix 1 battery usage issue'. If I click on that, it shows, 'Close apps that drain battery'. The app icons shown here could be an indicator as to what other apps are draining the battery.
You may want touse a thrid party app for monitoring battery. Like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm
If you play around with the settings a root access request will probably pop up to make the app work better.
Gsmbattery monitor for me shows other percentages, hmm (probably the app it's wrong). Other apps might mean that they are too many and don't consume much independently, but collectively they do. Or it might be deleted apps.

You may want touse a thrid party app for monitoring battery. Like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm
If you play around with the settings a root access request will probably pop up to make the app work better.
Gsmbattery monitor for me shows other percentages, hmm (probably the app it's wrong). Other apps might mean that they are too many and don't consume much independently, but collectively they do. Or it might be deleted apps.
I had also high battery drain after installing latest beta dirty. So, i decided that i do a clean flash. Now working everything well without big batter drain.

Last edited:
I jadhad also high batzery drain after installing latest beta dirty. So, i decided that i do a clean flash. Now working everything well without big batter drain.

It would be too easy to close the applications that consume battery, most likely it will restart after a while producing the opposite effect, or format the DATA partition. In reality, I believe the phenomenon of battery drain is linked to the kernel and it happens punctually every time there has been a consistent update such as the Miui 12, in this case the transition to android 11 and miui 12.5. I tried battery stats but it only showed stats and nothing more. The battery drain phenomenon has ended with the subsequent updates, so be patient and wait.

To be honest, I think I read almost 52 of these pages and I didn't find a problem like mine. I have a K20 pro. Since this last update the phone has been super slow and full of lag ... it is really very difficult to work with it ... any ideas? At this point I need to wait several seconds to open an application or simply browse the phone

To be honest, I think I read almost 52 of these pages and I didn't find a problem like mine. I have a K20 pro. Since this last update the phone has been super slow and full of lag ... it is really very difficult to work with it ... any ideas? At this point I need to wait several seconds to open an application or simply browse the phone
Me too. REDMI K20 PRO GANG.
I think it's gboard do the slow in the phone.

did you clean flash this rom ?

In the Mi Note 10, after a clean install, I have just two bugs: in the messages app, there is not the option to make a call. Moreover, the phone app keeps the display on during a call (I noticed it when I make calls with the car bluetooth). Battery is better then the stable Android 10: thanks to devs!!!

There is also another issue: the low volume in video recording. Thanks again!!!

Reactions: Sylar82
Dark mode setting is not working for any apps. It only dark with the apps that have a dark mode by self not from the setting of the rom.

After clean install on Redmi K30 5g Wifi loose connection all the time. It is going well for some time and then not working. I have to but off and on the wifi, then it works again for some time before loosing again.
I have the same issue on Note 10.
My Wifi has 2.4 and 5GHz on same SSID.
It was working fine with ROM from November .

Does anyone find a fix for wifi on mi 9. Tried all recovery's and clean install, format data,reflash again,and no wifi.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kvakinator
Lavender

Seems the icon set needs small cosmetics: in theme "Standard" and "Classic" the filemanager icon is not modded? See screenshot

File-Manager.jpg

Guys, I tried your firmware 12.5 on redmi k30 ultra, using the gsi image from cc9 and am shocked at how fast and accurate the system works. the truth is, the network does not work for me and much more, but the speed of the system is really impressive.

Mi9T
This does not look good to me...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-05-20-35-40-719_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-05-20-35-40-719_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 523
  • Screenshot_2021-01-05-20-35-35-973_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-05-20-35-35-973_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 524
Last edited:
Reactions: Cabid and MrJayNp
Status