MIUI 12.0 20.4.30 - First MIUI 12

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
I'm using a whyred (Redmi Note 5 Global) on MIUI 11 EU ROM (latest stable build).
Can I install this weekly ROM (also over the update app) over the stable ROM from a former major version without losing my data and apps?
And if not, how can I save them? I use twrp 3.3.1-0

Last edited:
Hello everybody, thanks xiaomi.eu for this beautiful rom.
My Mi 9 battery usage i think is not good.
I have turned off the screentime, health app etc.
Screen time from 100% to 0 goes around 4 hours and around 2-3 hours standby.

Anybody report the battery usage on Mi 9 please
Battery life got a lot better for me with this update, got a Mi 9 as well. I use power saving mode and naptime, so it's not comparable, but had the same setting before and now I'm finally getting idle drain below 1 percent per hour and approximately 10-12 percent drain per hour of sot

Note 7 user here. I cannot find the super wallpapers anywhere. Is it something I'm missing? Have they been removed from the build? I've browsed all the comments here and no one is talking about it.

Note 7 user here. I cannot find the super wallpapers anywhere. Is it something I'm missing? Have they been removed from the build? I've browsed all the comments here and no one is talking about it.
Super Wallpaper is available for Snapdragon 845+ chipset devices...

I realised my phone doesn't enter in deep sleep, always wake up in battery stats.

Thanks!!! Finally my bank apps work flawlessly :D

but if you change again to screen gesture and you use again your bank app, bugs will appear again....
you need to use button navigation every time you will transact/use your banks app

OFF Topic....

anyone using OPEN DNS? i cant find there hostname, only ip address...
private dns in the settings use hostname instead of ip address....
just like google, dns.google instead of 8.8.8.8
cloudfare is 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudfare-dns.com instead of 1.1.1.1

but on open dns only ip address, cant find there hostname..i tried using ip to hostname online converter and the result is resolver1.opendns.com but its not a dns hostname..its not working...

Using Mi 9T
Clean install, data format

Results :
Battery ok, similar to latest Miui 11
Volume scrolling with finger it's really slow, have to fix. The line of volume doesn't follow your finger
Every animation looks like "laggy" (not so much, but Miui 11 was faster" it's not really responsive

Reactions: mihalyn90
Using Mi 9T
Clean install, data format

Results :
Battery ok, similar to latest Miui 11
Volume scrolling with finger it's really slow, have to fix. The line of volume doesn't follow your finger
Every animation looks like "laggy" (not so much, but Miui 11 was faster" it's not really responsive
do you have high ram usage?

I tey that but it doesn't work for me..i enabled all permissions but i can't fix the problem

Inviato dal mio MIX 2S utilizzando Tapatalk
If you close the app in recent apps and open again it reloads your contacts. The problem is that MIUI only lets WhatsApp to have access to contacts when in use, so the app staying in background looses permission and doesn't reload your contacts when you awake it. It needs to have permanent access and not only when at use.

Enviado do meu Redmi K20 Pro através do Tapatalk

Edit: it's commendable the way Xiaomi wants to change the way apps have permissions to your device, but it needs to be well done, ie, users should have all the options they want, in the end it is a consumer choice. WhatsApp it's the only one suffering from this (from my experience so far with the rom) it needs permanent access to contacts and not only when it is used. I don't think Facebook will change WhatsApp because of MIUI behavior, so it's on Xiaomi side...

Reactions: Pecas93 and fefuzzo
Have you tried using the short video mode? For me every time i use it the camera app will crash and can only be use again if i clear data

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
Works normally, all lens too (mine is mi 9t non pro)

I have the opposite problem. I want to try that white bare but when enabling it, well just doesn't show up. Disabling and re enabling doesn't solve anything. Somewhat sometimes the bar comes up and then suddenly goes away. That's weird. Also a reboot makes that white bar disappear if enabled.

Well the setting means to hide the white bar, so if you want to show the bar then this setting should be off. Have you tried turning it off then restarting?

If you close the app in recent apps and open again it reloads your contacts. The problem is that MIUI only lets WhatsApp to have access to contacts when in use, so the app staying in background looses permission and doesn't reload your contacts when you awake it. It needs to have permanent access and not only when at use.

Enviado do meu Redmi K20 Pro através do Tapatalk

Edit: it's commendable the way Xiaomi wants to change the way apps have permissions to your device, but it needs to be well done, ie, users should have all the options they want, in the end it is a consumer choice. WhatsApp it's the only one suffering from this (from my experience so far with the rom) it needs permanent access to contacts and not only when it is used. I don't think Facebook will change WhatsApp because of MIUI behavior, so it's on Xiaomi side...

Hello,
I find a way to solve this problem of permanent contact access with WhatsApp.
Here is the way:
1 step: long pressure on WhatsApp icon
2 step: App info
3 step: App behavior
4 step: enter setting App behavior
5 step: disable Protect personal info

Status
Not open for further replies.