MIUI 12.0 20.4.30 - First MIUI 12

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the new update devs! With some apps (YouTube) that should display a small window while browsing other apps the window is no longer there but the audio does play. Anyone have a solution? I enabled 'Display pop-up window' and 'Display pop-up window while running in the background' in the settings but no luck.

Mi Note 10

Hello, I want to install miui 12 in k20 pro, I know it is installed by twrp or orangefox, I have a question:

Will I be able to receive and install OTA without having to install it through the recovery ????

Any help is good since I really want to try it ...

Thanks greetings ....

Since MIUI 12 some apps don´t work (security reasons) because display overlay is detected. I deactivated display overlay for all apps except system ui because I can´t deactivate it. Anyone else with this problem?
Problem is with full screen gestures.
Disable full screen gestures.

Reactions: ReeZe
Did you restarted your phone after installation? I have a K20 Pro and on first boot and configuration gestures also didn't work. After a simple restart all was okay and have stayed okay since then.

There are a few bugs, to be expected, some visual details (fonts too big overlapping some sentences), also some animations stutter sometimes a little and font download on themes app gives an network error (although everything is fine with the network).

Dark mode still doesn't work ok with some apps that don't support it natevely (and with the ones that do support tries to change them also, looking weird on some cases).

Overall a good ROM, better than last MIUI 11 in my opinion.

I like the design changes made to MIUI 12...

Regards,
Vitor Correia

Enviado do meu Redmi K20 Pro através do Tapatalk

Edit: forgot to mention the bug on the volume sliders, barely respond to the touch (already reported here)
wow that really worked

Reactions: RestarTmen
Lavender device... I found this bug...
If I active the DND mode and I have set some starred contact when this contact call me my phone don't ring.... Nothing.... Some setting in miui 11 and all works correctly....
Have you the same bug? There is a workaround for this?

Hello, I want to install miui 12 in k20 pro, I know it is installed by twrp or orangefox, I have a question:

Will I be able to receive and install OTA without having to install it through the recovery ????

Any help is good since I really want to try it ...

Thanks greetings ....
Yes, OTA will also keep working.

Thank you very much! It's working great on my Mi 9.

One question... How can I change the date-format from US/UK format MM/DD/YYYY to Euro format DD/MM/YYYY?

Reactions: Aski82
Hello all,
Thanks for your amazing job !!

I have a little problem, when i install the ROM with twrp my device reboot on TWRP.
I don't know why ?

On Mi 9 PRO 5G.

Thank you for your help.

Good Morning,

I will comment on my analysis of the update so far:

- Factory reset was performed after a backup from "Settings" within MIUI 11.
- After installation via TWRP and factory reset the mobile is fully functional.
- I restored the full backup of applications but it is verified that many of them give problems when opening and I have had to reinstall them. "Delete data" did not work in most cases.

- There is a bug in the sound control; the bar moves with a small margin when moving it and also does not save the settings you make from the sound popup. If you make the changes from "Settings" it works correctly.

- The interface is quite slow opening the "Settings" and in the search bar it takes approximately 5 or 6 seconds to show results

- Animations when opening applications like "Phone" are very slow.

- The earpiece volume is low on calls.

I have not worked much with it but I detect that the mobile is slower than with the last MIUI 11 and also consumes more battery.

The update of the dark mode I have not worked a lot but I have detected for example that in some applications ("Documents" I think it is called) they appear totally dark in the night mode. They cannot be read.

Thank you for your support and hopefully these inconveniences and the fluidity of the UI will be corrected soon.

Reactions: Androidgye
At first, thank team for your hard work.
This is my report after install to my Mi 9

- Dark mode is still not good in Theme app (and others app also). Status bar disappear right after open an app (in Darkmode + Hide notch without moving status bar option)

- Full screen display bug:
  • Cannot use gestures after select System launcher in Home screen option. (Ok after restart)
  • Cannot slide to back when in Take a note in App Vault screen.
  • Cannot select some menu in 1.1.1.1 app (change to normal mode is ok)
- There is a white line in the bottom of screen appear after use Full screen display mode, how can I turn that line off ?
Same to me on Mi8 EE - full screen mode gestures not working and this strange white bar at the bottom

Thanks to devs
I try miui 12 for lavender
I know this is the first version but i cant stay with it , its slowly and many of bugs
Waiting for the futur versions.
Thanks.

Envoyé de mon Redmi Note 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: nikakvo
Hi,
i installed this version today and it worked fine. (with magisk 20.4)
Then i read that with the newest magisk canary version the banking apps should work again.
I updated the app in magisk manager on canary channel and installed the latest canary via the app.
Since then only reboots after pin and unlocking.
Then i installed the rom again and rebooted. (this time without root) and the same Problem.
Then i made wipe cache/dalvik/ AND system and reinstalled the rom.
Still restarting.
The phone starts i can enter the pin and a few seconds after unlocking it freeze and reboot.
If i do not unlock nothing happens.
Anybody got ideas?

Maybe the magisk app? can i uninstall it in recovery?

Desaster

Status
Not open for further replies.