MIUI 12.1 20.8.25/27/28

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not correct, sorry. I mentioned it from yesterday, before this post was created. I see no difference in my messages app. Still have to use messages from Google to see them correctly.
Other bugs that still exist are: Camera only appears as attachment option in webmail. Still has some issues, not always, when I try to share a google news. I think is a little faster at start. Also region reappeared as mentioned.
About SMS. It happened to me like you. I did not see difference or rearrange it well. Clear data from the app. In my cloud it forces the synchronization of the SMS, since I realized that I had a warning that I had x messages not synchronized. After the synchronization it already started to work well and now I can see the SMS in order of receipt. The problem is that now the "my messages" appear deactivated and even if I activate them again, it does nothing at all.

Reactions: ekonstadoudakis
I am using Mi 9 and I am able to download the smart share software on my Huawei matebook 13 but when I pair them the connection seems to load forever?

Any solutions?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

M 10 Pro
In light of the crashes, I decided to install everything clean, factory reset, with no recovery or restore.
During the installations there are occasional clashes but - beta version, takes a deep breath and continues.

The problem that probably illustrates the whole glitch is working with the file system. Occasionly, while I install a new app, it writes me "there is not enough space". I close it and do again and of course there is no problem and of course there is no space problem.
Somtimes when i need apps to get access to the FS - same, or clash or denide.

The original "files" browser is crashing and I (absurd) connecting with the PC to copy/move files!!
Strangly, connecting to the pc and past few minutes i am getting this (attached file)
Anyone know?
Could it be that it applied to setting up an app in the Dual Apps?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
M 10 Pro
In light of the crashes, I decided to install everything clean, factory reset, with no recovery or restore.
During the installations there are occasional clashes but - beta version, takes a deep breath and continues.

The problem that probably illustrates the whole glitch is working with the file system. Occasionly, while I install a new app, it writes me "there is not enough space". I close it and do again and of course there is no problem and of course there is no space problem.

Anyone know?
Could it be that it applied to setting up an app in the extra space?
I haven't experienced this issue yet. I can install any app without any issue. Is there any specific app where this issue reproducible?

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Device: Mi10 (umi)
ROM: Xiaomi.eu 20.8.25

- UI bugs: using stock icons, they are displayed in different shapes and colors between Stock Launcher and Recent apps..
- Fonts are not displayed correctly: if I choose a new font from Themes app, it will apply only to system apps, not third party apps.
- Fast Charge animation is not displayed correctly (percentage are half hidden by the animation).
- Home gesture (swipe up) doesn't work in third party launchers (eg. Lawnchair).
- Three finger swipe/Screenshot works partially: cannot share directly, cannot see screenshots in third party apps. In order to share screenshots you can only use Gallery app.
- Hotword recognition: "Ok/Hey Google" hotword doesn't work. (already known bug).
- Youtube vanced doesn't work in Picture-in-Picture mode (already known bug). The same bug happens with Google Maps during Navigation.
- Control Center is not as smooth as notifications shade, sometimes it lags, sometimes it stutters
I don't have this UI bug...
And my Control Center is as smooth as the rest of the system. :emoji_thumbsup:
But for the other issues... same here :emoji_worried:

umi mi 10
well i hade to go back to 20.8.20
first contact cut not sync an sms wen i made a dirty flash
then i made a clean install then it sync
but then there was no notification
i then made a reboot phone an the phone just hang on miui screen
i hade to make a new clean ok install

th hen i did a power off an then phone woult not start again

Umi still has problems with the email app, I delete the emails but after a few minutes they come back

Enviado do meu Mi 10 através do Tapatalk

About SMS. It happened to me like you. I did not see difference or rearrange it well. Clear data from the app. In my cloud it forces the synchronization of the SMS, since I realized that I had a warning that I had x messages not synchronized. After the synchronization it already started to work well and now I can see the SMS in order of receipt. The problem is that now the "my messages" appear deactivated and even if I activate them again, it does nothing at all.
Ok, let me try then this and hope my sms app to start working again correctly

This is not correct, sorry. I mentioned it from yesterday, before this post was created. I see no difference in my messages app. Still have to use messages from Google to see them correctly.
Other bugs that still exist are: Camera only appears as attachment option in webmail. Still has some issues, not always, when I try to share a google news. I think is a little faster at start. Also region reappeared as mentioned.
Messaging app now works as usual. Restored the old behaviour what we have had on Android 10

M 10 Pro

The original "files" browser is crashing and I (absurd) connecting with the PC to copy/move files!!
Strangly, connecting to the pc and past few minutes i am getting this (attached file)
Anyone know?
Could it be that it applied to setting up an app in the Dual Apps?
Looks like a TWRP issue. After format data, confirm with YES, did you boot into TWRP again?
PC also showed me various drives but you cannot access, only after reboot to TWRP again the drive show correct.

Looks like a TWRP issue. After format data, confirm with YES, did you boot into TWRP again?
PC also showed me various drives but you cannot access, only after reboot to TWRP again the drive show correct.
You might be right - I'm not despairing at this point and I'm not going back. I'm trying to investigate where it might come from. I deleted the Dual App account, changed a language and learned and updated.

Messaging app now works as usual. Restored the old behaviour what we have had on Android 10

After clearing everything from the app, two sms I received them ok and where placed at the top of the list. Seems like is fixed with this trick. Will check it and come back if something new comes up. Thank you

Yes, can someone share the PC app and some instructions? This seems very useful. Edit: I can't seem to find it at all on Gingko... Oh, well, fingers crossed for the future.

Gingko report: All seems fine, very happy region is back. I still have to test battery life and Bluetooth absolute volume. The fingerprint in banking apps e.g. Revolut still scans without a finger. Hopefully this will be resolved in the future as will the L1 certs.

Minor cosmetic things noticed, the storage info in all specs is missing spaces - see SS, but I couldn't pinpoint it in the XML. And the Region option doesn't appear in search.View attachment 31656
Pls post the link as soon as you find it. Thanks! Tried to search Google and nothing. Followed instructions to go to www.miui.com but there's nothing there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.