MIUI 12.1 20.8.6/7

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE = "Kudoconan, message: 556074, membre: 249731"]
Les 2 dernières versions de Xiaomi.eu ont le même problème, mais pas de solution
[/CITATION]
Thanks for the information!
But how are we supposed to use the network and why didn't anyone warn us before flashing?

Last edited:
Thanks Devs, Widevine back to L1 on my Lavender.
ccc4effa30416c878b13c9b46163b68d.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

i made clean install from Los. Why mine is L3? Amy idea? What is wrong with me :(

[QUOTE = "Kudoconan, message: 556074, membre: 249731"]
Les 2 dernières versions de Xiaomi.eu ont le même problème, mais pas de solution
[/CITATION]
Merci pour l'information!
Mais comment sommes-nous censés utiliser le réseau et pourquoi personne ne nous a prévenu avant de flasher?

Please, comment in English, or your comment will be deleted.

Long time no content in google keep widget and sync problems - rollback to previous release made it.

Hello everyone. When I open Facebook app the icons from notification bar desapear. It's a bug or there is some configuration to change it? Mi9SE
Thanks

Can anyone please confirm if flashing this weekly (might have) altered the persist partition?

I didn't try the latest weekly builds before this one (many before though), but this is was the first time I had an automatically generated persist_backup image on my device after flashing the ROM - and (might be unrelated): I couldn't flash the (correct) fastboot MIUI ROM afterwards (flash_all.sh returned "Missmatching image and device") - so I had to comment out the two lines in the script.

edit: I couldn't reproduce the fastboot ROM issue: I just (clean) flashed the EU build again - and getvar product did return "davinci" - resulting in flash_all.sh (unedited) not returning any error.

Davinci

Last edited:
Reactions: fossean
K20 pro device
I have some problems with this rom:

1. Google Chrome black bar bug has been appeared in the previous version and this version still experience the same, when I start to select a part of text:
Screenshot_2020-08-08-08-33-10-709_com.android.chrome.jpg

2. FB user names dont get bold anymore. Miui changed something about font again.
Screenshot_2020-08-08-08-33-49-279_com.facebook.katana.jpg

2.2 And if its get bold then somehow its look like doesnt get anti aliased.
IMG_20200808_083510.jpg

3. When I using "One hand mode", content also look like 2.2, too.

The last three Roms on weekly have issues with the USB connections on the Mi 9t
File Transfer does not work,
USB tethering does not work
MIDI does not work
PTP does not work

Switching between these options in Developer mode does nothing, I've tried rebooting once I apply but nothing seems to detect it.
Tried several different cables so I know that the issues since the cables work on a note 8, and on an android tablet.

There used to be a popup when connecting a device but, I think that was removed or disabled that I think is messing with the settings working correctly.

Can anyone test to see if it's working on their device?

The last three Roms on weekly have issues with the USB connections on the Mi 9t
File Transfer does not work,
USB tethering does not work
MIDI does not work
PTP does not work

Switching between these options in Developer mode does nothing, I've tried rebooting once I apply but nothing seems to detect it.
Tried several different cables so I know that the issues since the cables work on a note 8, and on an android tablet.

There used to be a popup when connecting a device but, I think that was removed or disabled that I think is messing with the settings working correctly.

Can anyone test to see if it's working on their device?
not confirmed.

Allright,.

So, after using flashing to 20.8.6. yesterday I did notice another change which is happening each week, and it differs.

The thing is about the Baseband version which changes with each update (Sure, it makes sense), but...
It has id advantages as well as disadvantages...

RoM Version 20.07.16.
- Baseband version 4.3.c5-00052-0716_0056_db0dc79

Everything regarding LTE signal and carrier aggregation works just perfectly. 3CA works and shows up in signal guru. The phone as a whole has a more stable network signal and so on.

RoM version 20.8.6:
- Baseband version 4.3.c5-00052-0806_0056_cf27879

All the things mentioned above are upside down. Carrier aggregation is present, but limited to "only" 2CA, basically handicapped. LTE signal strenght and with that all speeds are affected as well.

And since ROM development is out of my league, is it possible to have one continuous baseband version which works as intended 3CA, and so forth and so on.
And if not, is there a way to individually do it my self without any chances of getting the phone bricked?

Cheers,
Orange.

Allright,.

So, after using flashing to 20.8.6. yesterday I did notice another change which is happening each week, and it differs.

The thing is about the Baseband version which changes with each update (Sure, it makes sense), but...
It has id advantages as well as disadvantages...

RoM Version 20.07.16.
- Baseband version 4.3.c5-00052-0716_0056_db0dc79

Everything regarding LTE signal and carrier aggregation works just perfectly. 3CA works and shows up in signal guru. The phone as a whole has a more stable network signal and so on.

RoM version 20.8.6:
- Baseband version 4.3.c5-00052-0806_0056_cf27879

All the things mentioned above are upside down. Carrier aggregation is present, but limited to "only" 2CA, basically handicapped. LTE signal strenght and with that all speeds are affected as well.

And since ROM development is out of my league, is it possible to have one continuous baseband version which works as intended 3CA, and so forth and so on.
And if not, is there a way to individually do it my self without any chances of getting the phone bricked?

Cheers,
Orange.
We don't know what phone model it is about in your case?
I don't think EU dev manipulate in some way the Baseband software....
let see.

Reactions: Mr. Orange
We don't know what phone model it is about in your case?
I don't think EU dev manipulate in some way the Baseband software....
let see.

Well i wouldn't know it for sure...devs need to intercept on that one.
But of which I am certain is that it changes from each weekly build. It doesn't stay the same and with that my phone (Mi 9t - Global Version btw) looses it's full LTW potential.

If they extract it from the China build each week, or however the stages go for the weekly builds, it would be great to dive deeper into the baseband stuff regarding each build.

Cheers,
Orange.

Reactions: LOLO9393
When mi9se get widevine l1, on global Rom he is present

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

What do you mean? Can you please repeat it with other words? I cant understand the sentence….

Do you mean:
does anyone know when L1 is available again for the MI9 se? It is included in the global rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: alto0urs
Hello, Following the 4G network problem on this update and the previous one, I wanted to flash version 20_7_23 and 20_7_16 but the recorvery runs in loop after the flash.
Do you have a solution for the network or to be able to flash a previous update ?

Hello, Following the 4G network problem on this update and the previous one, I wanted to flash version 20_7_23 and 20_7_16 but the recorvery runs in loop after the flash.
Do you have a solution for the network or to be able to flash a previous update ?
As far as I know, flashing a previous version requires a clean install, and the wipe of data partition. However, I'm not so sure ...so probably wait for someone to confirm.

What 4g problem do you mean exactly ?

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

As far as I know, flashing a previous version requires a clean install, and the wipe of data partition. However, I'm not so sure ...so probably wait for someone to confirm.

What 4g problem do you mean exactly ?

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
Since the 20_7_30 update I don't have 4G network doesn't work with internet, applications, Waze etc...however there is the 4G icon and I can even do connection sharing.
I believe that on the forum there are two people who have the problem too.
During the previous update I had the problem so I flashed the version 20_7_23 without problem but with this one....

Reactions: Kudoconan
Hello, which Xiaomi EU ROM can I put in MI 10 Lite 5G? I see that it only exists for MI 10 Lite ZOOM. Is it the same ROM? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.