MIUI 12.2 20.9.24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear guys ,I encountered an issue recently can't set Mimail to access gmail ,can anyone give me some guidance or suggestion please if is there's solution

Thanks

I am facing this problem in blocklist since last 2 builds of EU. The number I set in blocklist still can notification the call or sms.
Mi 9

Got an update notification, but I'm already updated. Lol

59951a0d272ce50836c205d513981152.jpg

b57348ea90ac5cb871973c263c995bdb.jpg

Отправлено с моего MI 9 через Tapatalk

Lot of errors in this version, RN7, I recommend not to install, reported error in Photo, Security, Telephone and Use of battery
Redmi Note 7 / Lavender - 20.9.24
Recovery OrangeFox R11.0
Theme Limitless
Language German
No Root

No problem here. All running fine.

Only one thing which bothers me: since some versions the font size cannot be set to M. Only S (imho too small for me) or L (really big..) is possible.

Reactions: dkoek
You don't need to root via magisk.
You can update weekly if you download/copy the new Rom to phone, boot
TWRP, advanced wipe, wipe cache&dalvik, cache and system, go back to main menu and install and choose new the Rom. So your data/apps will kept and you have always a clean upgrade.

I only have the option to wipe:
Dalvik/Cache
Data
Internal Storage
Cache
USB-OTG

No system xD

I only have the option to wipe:
Dalvik/Cache
Data
Internal Storage
Cache
USB-OTG

No system xD
Orangefox recovery is easier en works OK.

Mi 9 lite

Same problems as the mi 9. Try to wipe the folders, but can't find them because they are encrypted in TWRP. With other file explorer like here recommended I couldn't find them.

Trying to get a log now

Oh my God! I have installed this update on my MI9SE - tons of problems! Gallery, notes, phone application does not work. Errors keep appearing, graphics get messed up, apps don't work because they don't have permissions. But I cannot give them permission, because settings fail with an error. I tried to install the previous version - the same problems. I tried to install the version from Augus - it loads constantly only in the recovery mod. This is some kind of nightmare. Please help bring the phone back to life. (((

Where exactly? You didn't provide any details...
I try to call, push phone and break app, the same when i use contacts, it breaks. Camera says that is disabled, in fact, the name of the camera app is "the camera is disabled" and the name of contacts is "foto" and in battery use when i try to optimize breaks too

Rn7

Last edited:
Oh my God! I have installed this update on my MI9SE - tons of problems! Gallery, notes, phone application does not work. Errors keep appearing, graphics get messed up, apps don't work because they don't have permissions. But I cannot give them permission, because settings fail with an error. I tried to install the previous version - the same problems. I tried to install the version from Augus - it loads constantly only in the recovery mod. This is some kind of nightmare. Please help bring the phone back to life. (((
Format DATA partition from twrp.Fire purifies. And then reinstall the rom from USB.

Post log here
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.PeopleActivity}: java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a miui theme (or descendant) with this activity.
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:621)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:47)
at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(Unknown Source:63)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(Unknown Source:77)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(Unknown Source:73)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:43)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:244)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:101)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:275)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a miui theme (or descendant) with this activity.
at com.miui.internal.app.ActivityDelegate.installSubDecor(Unknown Source:437)
at com.miui.internal.app.ActivityDelegate.onCreate(Unknown Source:3)
at miui.app.Activity.onCreate(Unknown Source:5)
at com.android.contacts.activities.TransactionSafeActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:0)
at com.android.contacts.ContactsActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:3)
at com.android.contacts.activities.PeopleActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:7)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:19)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:1)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Unknown Source:3)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:376)
... 11 more

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.PeopleActivity}: java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a miui theme (or descendant) with this activity.
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:621)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:47)
at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(Unknown Source:63)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(Unknown Source:77)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(Unknown Source:73)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:43)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:244)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:101)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:275)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a miui theme (or descendant) with this activity.
at com.miui.internal.app.ActivityDelegate.installSubDecor(Unknown Source:437)
at com.miui.internal.app.ActivityDelegate.onCreate(Unknown Source:3)
at miui.app.Activity.onCreate(Unknown Source:5)
at com.android.contacts.activities.TransactionSafeActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:0)
at com.android.contacts.ContactsActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:3)
at com.android.contacts.activities.PeopleActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:7)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:19)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:1)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Unknown Source:3)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:376)
... 11 more
Delete in TWRP folder /data/system/package_cache

Reactions: xonmultimedia
Mi 9se crushes everywhere, ui got smaller.

UPDATE: Here are the logs. During the run I have opened updater, display settings and backup/restore

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-27-02-17-45-146_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-27-02-17-45-146_com.android.settings.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 267
  • Screenshot_2020-09-27-02-17-48-664_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-27-02-17-48-664_com.android.settings.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 267
  • logcat_09-27-2020_03-28-00.txt
    637.8 KB · Views: 1,603
Last edited:
You
One question, if I go from stable 12.1.3 (Mi10) to the beta published yesterday, can I install it dirty on a stable rom?
I cannot access the storage or make backup copies and I need the data that I have and I would not want to install and keep a paperweight with the obligation to return to the previous rom and lose the contents of the mobile
Yes, you can dirty flash, but some app are not compatibilities with Android 11 for now and Dual apps still unstable

Updater says there's a new version available even though I already updated it manually via twrp.
Is this normal or a bug? Never happened before in older versions.

In 20.9.24 the voice command "OK Google" doesn't work, as it continually shuts off on the Mi 10 Pro. The swipe from the coener for the Google Assistant is intermitant, working only occasionally.

Reactions: Kofescu and Iago14
Status
Not open for further replies.