MIUI 12.5 21.1.20/21

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use island for my dual apps and its 's kinda easy to enable it: (If you use miuis dual apps, there might be a "work profile" switch in the quick settings/status bar switches (though I think there are reports it may be missing. That's ~why I use Island, it ~does the same, but with a better ui.)
View attachment 34451View attachment 34450

I have activated native dual apps on my phone, cloned WhatsApp and installed outlook, but there's no sign of a work profile, yet when I share a picture I see two tabs: personal and work

I see no options under work tab and the turn on button does not work...

1st I don't understand why app cloning adds this work tab.

2nd I don't understand how to configure a work profile: in settings there's no option and no switch.

I am looking for a way to mark cloned WhatsApp and outlook as work apps so as to simply switch off work profile when I leave office.

Of course I am: read carefully what I wrote...
I have a Mi11 with xiaomi.eu, first installed stable and then this weekly.
I am reporting my opinion so far, but since this is also my first miui phone, I am not sure what is an issue of this weekly, what is an issue of xiaomi.eu in general and what is an issue of miui in general.
How is mi 11 working for you? i heard its very buggy and overall bad experience. Is it better with xiaomi.eu?

I have activated native dual apps on my phone, cloned WhatsApp and installed outlook, but there's no sign of a work profile, yet when I share a picture I see two tabs: personal and work

I see no options under work tab and the turn on button does not work...

1st I don't understand why app cloning adds this work tab.

2nd I don't understand how to configure a work profile: in settings there's no option and no switch.

I am looking for a way to mark cloned WhatsApp and outlook as work apps so as to simply switch off work profile when I leave office.
Yep, you see, I think that's a bug that exists for a long time. That's ~why I deleted those dual apps I had made with the native dual apps feature and made a new work profile with Island app:
(Also becore the last magisk update where it ~wasn't magisk mamager the one that rooted the phone but the extra zip, I ~could duplicate magisk manager, give it root access and have root access in the work profile.)

Yep, you see, I think that's a bug that exists for a long time. That's ~why I deleted those dual apps I had made with the native dual apps feature and made a new work profile with Island app:
(Also becore the last magisk update where it ~wasn't magisk mamager the one that rooted the phone but the extra zip, I ~could duplicate magisk manager, give it root access and have root access in the work profile.)

a bug of MIUI or of XIAOMI.EU?

Actually the questions are two:

1. Why I cannot activate a work profile (this is independent from cloned apps)
2. Why when I clone apps, a work tab appears in sharing

Are both bugs?

Hello friends,

This latest update is great, but something has happened:

Can't get out of dark mode. Whatever I try, won't go back to light..

Do you have that also? (Solution?)

Maybe wait for next update, or go back to 13/01/21?

Ps: sometimes when in an app, it suddenly just stops with no notification..

Redmi note 7

Greetings!

Does anyone having any issues regarding calls inserted in blocklist settings? I'm facing a issue that the miui dialer doesn't blocking number anymore...

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk
74bc6fe8168d625f653115a7745fd367.jpg

Last edited:
Swipe gestures not working on Mi 9. Also my lock screen photo is now my home screen photo and I can't change it back; this happened before and was fixed in September. Anyone facing the same issues?

a bug of MIUI or of XIAOMI.EU?

Actually the questions are two:

1. Why I cannot activate a work profile (this is independent from cloned apps)
2. Why when I clone apps, a work tab appears in sharing

Are both bugs?
1) is probably the bug
2) isn't probably a bug. You ~just activate the work profile by cloning an app and the system asks if you want to share something through the cloned apps.
If you try to clone apps with the island (after deleting your current dual apps), you'll probably understand how it works

1) is probably the bug
2) isn't probably a bug. You ~just activate the work profile by cloning an app and the system asks if you want to share something through the cloned apps.
If you try to clone apps with the island (after deleting your current dual apps), you'll probably understand how it works

Well I have another Mi11 with official test global build based on MIUI 12, and even there the work profile is missing from settings

10 hours of active screen! How did you do it? With the MI9 at most I can do 3 hours no more.
I don't know what battery has Mi9, I can tell you how I set my phone to obtain an optimisation of battery consumption.
In settings---applications--- manage applications, for each application (with the exception of all that app which need less limitations like phone, messages, etc...) I selected "limit access in background" to a maximum of limitation, I authorize "automatic start" only if strictly necessary.
I never leave open "gps, wifi... " when I don't use it. That's all what I remember.

Reactions: PieroAnt
Maybe this is Device depending.
On my Mi9 i have also the problem with Pin request on Alarm. Really anoying :(

Also having the WiFi "Bug". Sometimes Internet trough WiFi is not working. I have to disable/enable Wlan to get it working again. Trying several workarounds right now (Wifi 802.11 n+ac to 802.11 a+n, disable 5Ghz, 5Ghz on fixed Channel 36...). Sometimes there is no WiFi connection, i have to tap the WLan manual for connection, but Autoconnect is active for this Network.
Using Fritzbox 7580 + Repeater 1750e (Mesh connected).

Flashed the actual weekly with a complete Wipe (really everything) as i came from Stable and want to start with a clean weekly.

I also have the wifi "Bug" on my tp link deco mesh network.
The Wifi on normal router is working fine untill now.. I am waiting for fix in future updates.The battery drain issue which i have now is currently more annoying

Reactions: fmanzottikd
Hello friends,

This latest update is great, but something has happened:

Can't get out of dark mode. Whatever I try, won't go back to light..

Do you have that also? (Solution?)

Maybe wait for next update, or go back to 13/01/21?

Ps: sometimes when in an app, it suddenly just stops with no notification..

Redmi note 7

Greetings!
What device?
Did you dirty flash or clean install?
Do you use or turn on dual apps?

Does twrp still disappears with each Xiaomi.EU update?
What is the right procedure to update MI9SE, boot to twrp or flash twrp?
Since there are reports that this twrp finally works and decrypts succesfully I'm thinking of giving it another chance
I haven't the device..
You can try it and tell us..
Install the img from other twrp or via fastboot..
"fastboot flash recovery name..img
fastboot reboot with vol + "

Reactions: psydex and gkalen
Status
Not open for further replies.