MIUI 12.5 21.1.20/21

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what I know, this issue happens when you restore "Settings" from a Mi Cloud Backup. ;)

I don't recall restoring anything since I got my 9T, do you happen to know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance guys

Do you recommend to reinstall magisk? Is it known issue?

From Mi 9 Lite via Tapatalk
I've read somewhere that if it causes freezes for you after installing you could try booting into the OS first and then reboot back to recovery and install Magisk.

lmi: another flawless OTA update. Everything seems to work fine.
Great work, thanks a lot.

Can confirm flawless update! But as always, I manually flashed it via TWRP, because anyway, I need Magisk... LMI / Poco F2 Pro does not have any problems with Magisk 21.04 - SafetyNet still passed.

Reactions: Sparddi and Fry4711
Hi dev, can you put modem config in the next update for poco f2 pro so that i can select mbn config for my country telco to enable vowifi

My k20 pro have modem config in it..i can use it without rooting my phone

P/s : Last week i rooted my phone and use the pdc method, select my country telco config to enable vowifi.. but after today update, the config have change to default again and no more vowifi symbol appear

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-22-04-38-12-295_com.miui.cit.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-22-04-38-12-295_com.miui.cit.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 331
  • Screenshot_2021-01-22-04-50-51-270_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-22-04-50-51-270_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    689.6 KB · Views: 327
Hi dev, can you put modem config in the next update for poco f2 pro so that i can select mbn config for my country telco to enable vowifi

My k20 pro have modem config in it..i can use it without rooting my phone

P/s : Last week i rooted my phone and use the pdc method, select my country telco config to enable vowifi.. but after today update, the config have change to default again and no more vowifi symbol appear
k20 dont have modem config too...
i dont think that devs can put it in the rom....
if they can i would apreciatte if k20 could have modem config too....

k20 dont have modem config too...
i dont think that devs can put it in the rom....
if they can i would apreciatte if k20 could have modem config too....

Hurm, but my k20 pro have it, and I really really hope that dev can do something about it..

But if it not possible, its okay..

Everything seems to be working fine on my MI9, I will do a couple of stress tests this weekend and I will tell you the results!

Thanks a lot for your great work!

dirty flash over 21.1.13 on my Mi 9T. cleared cache & dalvik. deleted /data/system/package_cache
first boot faster than previous two weeklies of MIUI 12.5, w/o any issues
all good, kept all my settings, widevine L1 again available ;)
great job guys, so thank you ! devs'

Reactions: Ryoma
Still no Dark mode settings for all individual apps. :/ It is quite a pain having invisible text.
Is it just you who does not have the individual app settings? For all apps? For some apps? On my Mi 10 (umi), there is a list of apps (random order) for individual settings. I cannot tell if all of my apps are there though.

Reactions: dexterv
Thank you very much, my dear developers. You're doing a great job here. Very happy with this version on my Mi 9: everything's working fine, and issues from the previous version are all fixed now, as far as I'm concerned.

Only waiting for Widevine L1 back again, but it's not a big deal for me.

i have a problem with the L1 cerficate :/

Attachments

• 1611265104947.jpg
    1611265104947.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 327
  • 1611265104960.jpg
    1611265104960.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 326
The updater on the latest version x.14 gave me notification sound for every one percent for the downloaded new version
Also after pressing through the updater check MD5 and install TWRP (latest from maurofronio*) shown an error "Failed to map file blablafilename.zip

Also i can't but notice that the performance of K20 Pro have dropped significantly
Apps close on background even when i select them to not have miui battery and lock them, shuttering animations etc.

the wifi of my Mi9 does not work in the 5Ghz range. It only works in the 2Ghz range.

When I connect it in 5Ghz range then the connection comes up, disconnects again and reconnects etc.

This is only since Andorid 11

On the Mi9 Lite the WiFi several times during the day loses the connection. It's showing as connected but neither internal hosts on the LAN nor on the internet are reachable. Turning Wifi off and on helps for some minutes or hours and then it re-appears.

Tested with Poco F2 Pro. Works good except, still no support for full screen gestures with third party launchers. Reverting back to 12.0.3.0 :(

Anyone know when this will be fixed? I don't want to use stupid xiaomi launcher with ugly icons.

I have a Mi 10T Pro with MIUI 12.5 Beta Closed Beta 21.1.19. Could i have problems installing the latest Xiaomi.eu 21.1.20 via TWRP?

I've been seeing a lot about "widevine". The word is new to me, Can someone please tell me what is it? And should I be worried about it too on my phone(Mi10TLite)? If yes, how can I know if my device had an issue with this?

(I'm currently downloading this update as of the moment and am hoping that the proximity sensor will be fixed)

Edit: One more thing, How should I install this update? Should I use the updater app or just reboot to TWRP and Install it there? And should I dirty Flash or Clean install? (I'm on 21.1.13)

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is apparently already a known problem. My Mi 9 also has problems with the WiFi. Connection works, but reports no internet connection at irregular intervals. The problem has existed since the update to Android 11, i.e. also in version 21.01.14. However, the update on 21.01.20 did not bring any improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.