MIUI 12.5 21.1.20/21

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great progres from Xiaomi Eu team .
Many thanks to developers.
On Mi9 a small bug for me is that sometime out of nowhere my flashlite is on turn even if my phone is in pocket or on desk face up.
After ending or during a call the flashlite it turn on automatic.
Anyone have this issue ?

Hello, you don't need to install any SafetyNet patch/module since 21.1.13. ;)

If you don't need Magisk, you can uninstall it.

If you need Magisk, you simply have to enable "Magisk Hide" (but I suggest to "Hide Magisk Manager" too).

Also, try to clear "All app data" of "Google Play store", "Google Play services", "Google Service Framework" in phone's settings then reboot your device.

:)
You're the absolute man! thank you so much, just clearing these app data was all it took! You guys are the GOATs

Reactions: Twizama and Poney70
First thing I noticed RN8

Still no icons animation for me. Don't know if it's general or just me. Default theme. Xiaomi EU icons still on. I even selected global icon animation. Still nothing.

Everything else seems to be working fine just yet. Still testing.

Edit:
Screen recording of this below

a4f970249edba4f11de4dda7b79556d4.jpg
//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/600a8c05ac47a/Screenrecorder-2021-01-22-09-11-22-244(0).mp4

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Redmi Note 8 status:
Installed manually with geoanto555's TWRP - dirty with clear cache/Dalvik. No problems, works smoothly.
Changes:
Hardly found any, the boot animation is changed. The phone seems snappier, but this could be a placebo. I run a Geekbench benchmark since last weekly's multi score was down to 1000 (this was not confirmed since I only ran it once) and now it is back at the normal 1300.
Issues worth mentioning:
Still having problems with the screenshots, the first time you take one fails, the next one is OK. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Anyone else have any other findings for ginkgo?
My screenshot works fine in this update. It even adds a little jiggling to the tiny snippets.

Overall system operation is yes now snappier.

Battery back up is better

However I face one issue. No icons animation. How's yours?

The toggle for night mode is missing on my Mi10t lite, also for some reason I have toggles for WiFi, Bluetooth and mobile data even though they are already integrated into the control panel

RN8 Gingko, no root, dirty flashed with geoanto555's TWRP, no extra wiping (I think it's anyways done by the installation script...?).

The boot animation makes a sound which I think is annoying. Can we get rid of that without flashing another one? Yes, deleted in TWRP...

First screenshot doesn't work neither here - "couldn't save, try again" notification.

Occasionally Wifi drops and reconnects. I use the device's MAC and have different SSIDs for 2,4 & 5 GHz - happens even on a good signal strength. But that's not new and also only little annoying...

However, again a great ROM, I really like and appreciate the work of the devs and have to thank again at least a thousand times!!
You can turn the boot animation sound from Settings>Sound...>Additional...>Boot audio. I don't see the drops in Wifi. You might be right about the wipes, but it's a habit for me.

Reactions: mankokoma
My screenshot works fine in this update. It even adds a little jiggling to the tiny snippets.

Overall system operation is yes now snappier.

Battery back up is better

However I face one issue. No icons animation. How's yours?

There are no icon animations here either but I don't think there were any in the previous versions as well.

Good morning
Xiaomi MI9 SE, for the first time in 3 weeks, days and days of work, recovery ask password to decrypt, i am really happy, but as other users have written, twrp is able to decrypt only pattern.
For the first time, changing many twrp, i can see files inside twrp.
My question is : every week when i have to install the new weekly, i have to maintain only pattern, and remove pin, fingerprint and facial recognition, and then flash the room, and after installation add again pin, fingerprint, facial recognition ?
There is another way without disable all that things ? I know that i can flash from OTB-USB, but this morning something goes wrong and i was in bootloop, format data and wipe data, so i prefer no use it.
The room is fantastic, thank's for the work !
I use TWRP every week and I have facial recognition and fingerprints always on, with a pattern unlock. I do not have to change anything. I always successfully unlock TWRP with my pattern - facial recognition and fingerprint unlock has no effect, and always stays on.

There are no icon animations here either but I don't think there were any in the previous versions as well.
Yeah the previous update didn't have icons animation. I was hoping this update would fix that. All the MIUI 12 Android 10 RN8 updates had icons animation. Don't know why this android 11 doesn't seem to have that.

For the Mi10 umi. Has the problem of double applications been fixed? some apps would get the message that there was not enough space to start the app. Thanks.

Sorry for me bad english

Great progres from Xiaomi Eu team .
Many thanks to developers.
On Mi9 a small bug for me is that sometime out of nowhere my flashlite is on turn even if my phone is in pocket or on desk face up.
After ending or during a call the flashlite it turn on automatic.
Anyone have this issue ?
Have you tried turning off the setting of flashes during incoming calls?

To flash the update on Mi 10 how do you do? Simply downloading it on the device and flashing in twrp?
Yes - I BOOT into TWRP from Fastboot, and just install in the regular way, on top of last week's.
For good measure, I clear Dalvik & cache, and delete /data/system/package_cache folder, and just carry on as before.

Reactions: Mali2
delete /data/system/package_cache folder
I see almost everyone recommend doing this, but I ~haven't found any info about that folder. What does it do? Why is deleting it good? Does anybody have any link or something?
I think I've noticed it gets recreated ~exactly as it was a little after it gets deleted (or after reboot).

RN8 Gingko, no root, dirty flashed with geoanto555's TWRP, no extra wiping (I think it's anyways done by the installation script...?).

The boot animation makes a sound which I think is annoying. Can we get rid of that without flashing another one? Yes, deleted in TWRP...

First screenshot doesn't work neither here - "couldn't save, try again" notification.

Occasionally Wifi drops and reconnects. I use the device's MAC and have different SSIDs for 2,4 & 5 GHz - happens even on a good signal strength. But that's not new and also only little annoying...

However, again a great ROM, I really like and appreciate the work of the devs and have to thank again at least a thousand times!!
About the boot sound, you didn't need to go all Chuck Norris and delete stuff...just because you can.

Simply disable it in
Settings > sound & vibration > additional settings > boot audio

Cheers! :cool:

I see almost everyone recommend doing this, but I ~haven't found any info about that folder. What does it do? Why is deleting it good? Does anybody have any link or something?
I think I've noticed it gets recreated ~exactly as it was a little after it gets deleted (or after reboot).
It is also a "cache" folder
It doesn't get created "exactly as it was".
It gets created with the currently installed packages / apps on your device.
So if you remove an app, the package_cache for that app won't be recreated after you wipe that folder

After rom updates, the folder still holds package caches of your previous installation and this may lead to "apps misbehaving" on the new rom because of conflicts with the newer versions of the same package in the newly installed rom

Last edited:
On my Mi 9 i had no luck yet on MIUI 12.5 ... First version fingerprint didnt work, last week build the screen was always tuning on and off by itself and it had random restarts...
But it's a beta so...

My mi9 is stuck in a script loop?
Trying to update via twrp but the script is running for the 7th time now and it does not stop anymore.

Update:
I Just hold the power button.

Something wrong with the script...
Update failed.

Mi9 dutch

Last edited:
Reactions: Varrkan82
It is also a "cache" folder
It doesn't get created "exactly as it was".
It gets created with the currently installed packages / apps on your device.
So if you remove an app, the package_cache for that app won't be recreated after you wipe that folder

After rom updates, the folder still holds package caches of your previous installation and this may lead to "apps misbehaving" on the new rom because of conflicts with the newer versions of the same package in the newly installed rom
I wonder why these actions are not included in the ROM updates - it would appear that it might save quite a bit of hassle if the caches were cleared and the package_cache folder deleted as part of the update. Doing it manually seems to have sorted out some of the problems brought up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.