MIUI 12.5 21.1.27/28

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Owners of UMI (Mi 10), which version of TWRP are you using? Found this one here -> twrp-3.4.0-11.0-umi-littleturtle2333.img , with upload date 16/01/2021 ( https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145716674 ) .Does this has problem installing the ROM form the mobile or still needs an external source? Need a TWRP to install latest ROM here from my mobile, not from a USB stick as I did with previous version. Thank you
TWRP 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle) is based on an earlier version, so does not decrypt your data. Therefore this requires USB-OTG for updates. This used to be included with the weekly ROM. This has now been replaced by a version of 3.4.2b-1026, which also does not decrypt.

In order to decrypt your data, you would need another version, eg. 3.4.2b-0623 TWRP. This is booted into through Fastboot, using the command:
fastboot boot TWRP_umi.img
This decrypts your data and gives access to all of the basic TWRP functions. It takes about 70 seconds to load up. You have to sign in with a pattern, not password. And you have to click a few mms beneath the target.

Yeah i was merely curious if i was using it wrong and it seemed i sort of was but even after i enabled the weather app it isn't working any differently so ...all this answers my question which was is it even working? Seems that it is or isn't but at least it's not working very well yet. I hope it will in the future. Not suggesting you should do something about it. Just talking about a new feature that was in the notes. :)
Issue with Weather wallpaper solved, it was just a small incompatibility issue with the Global Weather app we're using, was an easy patching.
Still, it's an underwhelming wallpaper as the animation is short and then it's just like a static wallpaper.

Issue with Weather wallpaper solved, it was just a small incompatibility issue with the Global Weather app we're using, was an easy patching.
Still, it's an underwhelming wallpaper as the animation is short and then it's just like a static wallpaper.
So, is the patch going to be included in the next ROM?
(Something else to look forward to - :) )

Sorry - I'm not following this.
Quick settings from where?
And what is the movement?

In the beta of January 29, the possibility of moving between the control center and the notifications was added with a swipe to the left or right. We will see it in the next weekly release.

TWRP 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle) is based on an earlier version, so does not decrypt your data. Therefore this requires USB-OTG for updates. This used to be included with the weekly ROM. This has now been replaced by a version of 3.4.2b-1026, which also does not decrypt.

In order to decrypt your data, you would need another version, eg. 3.4.2b-0623 TWRP. This is booted into through Fastboot, using the command:
fastboot boot TWRP_umi.img
This decrypts your data and gives access to all of the basic TWRP functions. It takes about 70 seconds to load up. You have to sign in with a pattern, not password. And you have to click a few mms beneath the target.
Orange fox recovery works perfectly with this rom, even decrypts storage with no worries

@Igor Eisberg or @ingbrzy
I have de Mi 10
I went from the stable version to the beta and now I have a small problem.
In the stable version it was possible to define several DND, in the beta we can only define one.
As I restored the backup I had in the stable, now the phone enters the other DND modes it had but I cannot edit or delete them.
Any solution?
Or is necessary factory restore and set up as new?
So let's get this right.
You restored settings from stable rom on beta rom?

Hm, even if he did, since twrp (I think) formats and re-writes each partition, there (probably) shouldn't be a problem, right?
A lot of changes have happened with miui 12.5.
I really don't think restoring settings from miui 12 stable is a good idea.
Many others have had similar issues with alarm and setting crashing because of restoring settings from stable.

EDIT: @Blastboom Strice do you have this issue with MI 10?

Similar issues 2 weeklies ago

Last edited:
So maybe it was broken before? Changes from one profile to the other where huge, now very subtle
Dig a little deeper, there are also some manual settings, at least I can clearly see a difference, blueish vs. yellowish tint.

Regards

Reactions: thegios
Both settings lead to the same

Attachments

• IMG_20210201_185856.jpg
    IMG_20210201_185856.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 314
Status
Not open for further replies.