MIUI 12.5 21.1.27/28

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) no never used nor installed
2) I've flashed and then booted. Decrypt worked too.
3) no I haven't formatted actually. I've assumed since it is the same android version i didn't needed it. Did they changed partition layout from miui12 to miui12.5? Since I don't want to root, every time I format data it's a pain to restore all my data
4) never rooted. I don't need it
5) yes . I'm assuming it is the /data/system/packages_cache
Thank you for your answer.
Format data is mandatory to change from stable to developer even if it's the same android version.. nothing else ..

Sounds and notifications are still not opening in settings. Find attached the log:

Code:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.settings/com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettingsActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int com.android.settings.dndmode.Alarm$DaysOfWeek.getCoded()' on a null object reference
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:663)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:47)
    at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(Unknown Source:67)
    at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(Unknown Source:77)
    at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(Unknown Source:73)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:52)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:249)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:134)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:313)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int com.android.settings.dndmode.Alarm$DaysOfWeek.getCoded()' on a null object reference
    at com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettings.refreshZenRuleSettings(Unknown Source:108)
    at com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettings.onCreate(Unknown Source:308)
    at android.app.Fragment.performCreate(Unknown Source:13)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(Unknown Source:359)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.addAddedFragments(Unknown Source:46)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executeOpsTogether(Unknown Source:129)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.removeRedundantOperationsAndExecute(Unknown Source:99)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.execPendingActions(Unknown Source:21)
    at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executePendingTransactions(Unknown Source:0)
    at com.android.settings.SettingsActivity.switchToFragment(Unknown Source:199)
    at com.android.settings.SettingsActivity.launchSettingFragment(Unknown Source:35)
    at com.android.settings.SettingsActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:249)
    at com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettingsActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:0)
    at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:81)
    at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:1)
    at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Unknown Source:3)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:399)
    ... 11 more

There is a bug thread…

Clean Flash should work without problems. But SafetyNet was broken. So no GPay, no Netflix in Playstore and with Netflix APK installed only SD streaming..

Use the search function before you post a topic that mentioned 3697 times…

I don't think he was spamming.
He was asking the other guy these questions so he could pinpoint why the latest ROM does work on his device.
Since he also uses same device but it boots fine

Geoorg… i am with you. But a lot of guys dont read, they dont use the search function. As a result, this topic is full of spam and most people dont read because of spam. This is not helpfull.

I think I found a bug. Mi Note 10 PRO (Tucana) It is impossible to turn off the automatic answering of calls when using hands-free space in the car. Despite turning off the function on the phone, the phone still answers calls by itself as soon as the ringing starts.

It was an answer, not a question.... Btw. use search function, then you find 5527 topics about using the search function ;-)

This is an answer.. But SafetyNet was broken. Whats going wrong with you? I cant believe it. The xiaomi.eu team makes everything for free.. And here are so many peoples who are spam and blame. I dont understand!!!!

I think I found a bug. Mi Note 10 PRO (Tucana) It is impossible to turn off the automatic answering of calls when using hands-free space in the car. Despite turning off the function on the phone, the phone still answers calls by itself as soon as the ringing starts.
There is a bug thread… post it there

Reactions: kaciek
1) no never used nor installed
2) I've flashed and then booted. Decrypt worked too.
3) no I haven't formatted actually. I've assumed since it is the same android version i didn't needed it. Did they changed partition layout from miui12 to miui12.5? Since I don't want to root, every time I format data it's a pain to restore all my data
4) never rooted. I don't need it
5) yes . I'm assuming it is the /data/system/packages_cache
Thank you for your answer.
Oi, did you get from stable to beta without formating? That was a serious mistake. Also if you had read the guide, you'd probably know you shouldn't flash the new twrp. Go back to the thread I shared (to see the steps and find the links for downloading), flash the old (little turtle twrp), reboot the phone into twrp (so as the old on gets written) and then shut down the phone, boot into recovery and boot without flashing the new (1206) twrp.
I think you did 2 mistakes that might actually could cause serious damage..

What do you expect? Please dont spam…
Haha, see now? From ~5quetiones I think I managed to spot the issue.
Edit: I saw your response to geoorg, yeah... I get it now.

This is an answer.. But SafetyNet was broken. Whats going wrong with you? I cant believe it. The xiaomi.eu team makes everything for free.. And here are so many peoples who are spam and blame. I dont understand!!!!
I also think it's good from the the what they do here. But I don't say something against it, I only help others when they have questions.
The only one who is spamming in this thread is YOU when you have a stupid comment about every second post here.

Anyone facing slow/lag issues while opening apps from previous version? It's taking so long to open any app. Even miui apps.
Now I am desperate to update to the new one, but I keep getting error on both mirrors.

Btw, I'm using Redmi Note 7. Thank you!

I also think it's good from the the what they do here. But I don't say something against it, I only help others when they have questions.
The only one who is spamming in this thread is YOU when you have a stupid comment about every second post here.

You have right, you are so correct and if there are problems I will say please ask pinni. I am so sorry.,, katastrophe!!! 122 vs 1100

Anyone facing slow/lag issues while opening apps from previous version? It's taking so long to open any app. Even miui apps.
Now I am desperate to update to the new one, but I keep getting error on both mirrors.

Btw, I'm using Redmi Note 7. Thank you!

Yes, in the previous version have little bit of lag. On this one All is good. I download it from sourceforge

@Putti You can avoid this behavior if you set "Android" notification style instead of "MIUI", in phone's settings => Notifications & Control center => Notification shade

;)

True but with Android style some notifications appear as white text on light gray background, making it difficult to read

After update Mi9 to last release (21.1.28) all the unread messages from Outlook app doesn't showing bold font anymore... Even switching font type from another one to standard one (Roboto)...
I have included this post in bug section also...
0930143a248cba0fb2f8079ae76e3d39.jpg

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: denoffeu
Any way to remove sound wen downloading. Keep getting pop sound every 2 sec wile downloading rom update.

After update Mi9 to last release (21.1.28) all the unread messages from Outlook app doesn't showing bold font anymore... Even switching font type from another one to standard one (Roboto)...
I have included this post in bug section also...

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk
Bold is visible, maybe not clearly but it is. ;)

Any way to remove sound wen downloading. Keep getting pop sound every 2 sec wile downloading rom update.
It's an updater app issue. Another issue I had on my Mi 9T (on previous ROM version): It was impossible to press "OK" button to start the install process... (I'm not using gesture navigation) @ZduneX25 (Dev of the updater app)

Reactions: ZduneX25
Status
Not open for further replies.