Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i sow the flikering of blur but no stuttering
Also no new features in setings
No new super wallpaper i had to install it manual from interner
Only build no. Is up to date
I have all new features but only bad thing is gestures but it is easy to fix. Just install google package installer for android 11 and install alpha launcher.

Flash a compatible TWRP
TWRP compatible (TWRP 3.4.2 b-1206), start in Fastboot mode commands to execute: (FASTBOOT FLASH RECOVERY TWRP.IMG; FASTBOOT BOOT TWRP.IMG), load the new weekly Rom 21.1.28 on the internal memory of the mi 10 (umi), install the zip file 21.1.28 from twrp, wait for the installation of the new weekly Rom and wait for the Smartphone to return to the main screen, which you had before installing the new Rom, it will take a couple of minutes, so 'you find yourself with the new weekly Rom installed on your mi 10 (umi).

I've been watching the new Weather wallpaper, waiting to see whether it actually reflects the current weather. It doesn't seem to change at all, even though it does describe itself, 'Current weather info'. I would therefore have thought that it would more accurately be called 'Sky'. I can see the benefits of it. Being an almost solid colour, it does make the icons (and text) more easily visible. But I was expecting it to be a bit more varied and interesting than it seems to be.

I may possibly go back to the Snowy peaks which does show the difference between day and night.
[Edit: I think the Weather wallpaper does show the stars at night!]

Last edited:
just wanna ask sir if i can dirty flash this weekly update on my weekly rom? what to wipe in twrp? or just direct flash?
Of course you can do it, from weekly rom to weekly rom, on my mi 10 (umi), I install the new weekly rom on the internal memory, after I have started the mi 10 in fastboot mode run the commands fastboot flash recovery twrp.img and fastboot boot twrp.img, install the new weekly rom 21.1.28 from twrp, wait for the installation and for the phone to return to the screen you had previously before installing the new weekly rom, it will take a couple of minutes.

TWRP compatible (TWRP 3.4.2 b-1206), start in Fastboot mode commands to execute: (FASTBOOT FLASH RECOVERY TWRP.IMG; FASTBOOT BOOT TWRP.IMG), load the new weekly Rom 21.1.28 on the internal memory of the mi 10 (umi), install the zip file 21.1.28 from twrp, wait for the installation of the new weekly Rom and wait for the Smartphone to return to the main screen, which you had before installing the new Rom, it will take a couple of minutes, so 'you find yourself with the new weekly Rom installed on your mi 10 (umi).
You have to be aware that there are now two versions of the 3.4.2b-1206 being used for the Mi 10 (umi).
1. There is the one that is now being included with the weekly ROMs. This one does not decrypt, so to update the weekly ROM installations, this might typically be done using USB-OTG. This has advantages over the previously used LittleTurtle version.
2. There is the original 3.4.2b-1026 that does decrypt. But this can only be booted into, definitely not flashed, otherwise you will end up in a bootloop.

I think that from now on, I shall refer back to the 3.4.2b-0623 for decryption. This is identical, but being a different version number, it should avoid confusion.

I've been watching the new Weather wallpaper, waiting to see whether it actually reflects the current weather. It doesn't seem to change at all, even though it does describe itself, 'Current weather info'. I would therefore have thought that it would more accurately be called 'Sky'. I can see the benefits of it. Being an almost solid colour, it does make the icons (and text) more easily visible. But I was expecting it to be a bit more varied and interesting than it seems to be.

I may possibly go back to the Snowy peaks which does show the difference between day and night.
[Edit: I think the Weather wallpaper does show the stars at night!]
Well...
1) We don't design or modify the super wallpapers in any way. In fact they are installed like normal apps and can be updated as such.
2) This is the very first (probably leaked) version of the wallpaper. No point in discussing its issues, especially here, let Xiaomi release a proper public version.

Dirty flashed since I'm going from an old Weekly to Weekly, installed latest Magisk via TWRP.. Perfect!

All seems good. Another great release working fine on my Mi 10 Ultra

Reactions: biscoot
Running well on tucana. Be sure to flash Magisk 21.4 and install MIUI Launcher alpha latest build as it makes system animations much smoother (opening/closing apps).

This is a known issue, specifically for the Mi 10 (umi). The TWRP that is with the weekly ROMs does not decrypt your data. Therefore you are limited as to what can be done with this, for instance, installing a new weekly ROM can be done through USB-OTG. This is putting the ROM onto a USB memory stick, and plugging it into the Type C socket, and changing the storage source during the install process.

Alternatively (you need to be very familiar with the Fastboot process for this), you can BOOT ONLY into another version of TWRP.
This is version 3.4.2b-1206 - here is the link. The Fastboot command is:
fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.img

But, DO REMEMBER - this is only for booting (temporary). DO NOT FLASH this version of TWRP.
This decrypts and gives access to all of the basic TWRP functions, and will work with a pattern. It takes about 70 seconds to load up. You have to sign in with a pattern, not password. And you have to click a few mms beneath the target.

[Edit: How confusing is this! The version above is a different 3.4.2b-1206 that is now being installed with the weekly ROM. Do not get them confused.]
I have already tried this version and this one also does not decrypt my data

Well...
1) We don't design or modify the super wallpapers in any way. In fact they are installed like normal apps and can be updated as such.
2) This is the very first (probably leaked) version of the wallpaper. No point in discussing its issues, especially here, let Xiaomi release a proper public version.
On my way back to the Snowy mountains, I watched the Weather wallpaper rotate through eight or more different weathers (which I had not noticed before). So, it appears that it should be linked in with maybe one of the weather apps for it to function.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddj123
Status
Not open for further replies.