MIUI 12.5 21.1.27/28

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi 9T Pro here,

so far so good..but some weird bug is happening to me..

when i opening Find My Device, it shows another device that didnot really exist (Samsung Galaxy 8+) which is i dont really have..

any idea?

Unfortunately, the font appears Roboto in all apps (Spotify, Play Store, Snapchat etc.). Did this update Eu or is it a case in China Beta? I wonder.. Because it really creates a terrible visual that the apps are out of their own fonts..

Device: Redmi Note 8/ginkgo

Other bugs I observed; (These comments are bugs I've observed since Android 11 was first beta tested. I think most bugs are coming from China Beta.)
- When you want to take a screenshot with 3 fingers, the system keeps waiting for about 7 seconds. Then "couldn't save the screenshot, try taking screenshot again" notification is displayed.
- AAC and higher codec from the Bluetooth codec does not work in the system. Unfortunately, the change made in the developer settings does not work. Also, the "Disable absolute sound" feature in the Bluetooth settings is not turned on or off.
- Global animation icons still don't work.
- The notification icons of some apps falling on the status bar appear as a gray square.
- While listening to music in applications such as Spotify, Deezer, YouTube Music, the icon of the application does not appear in the status bar. The music forward rewind bar is also unavailable when the screen is locked.
The question regarding the font has been answered many times in this and a separate thread. It comes from Xiaomi's font engine that is active in China ROMs.
For the other issues, just to be sure, are you using this weekly?
On my RN8, screenshots are working now, I have checked AAC and this is also showing up on devices which I know support it. I have never seen a grey notification icon in the status bar. I don't see the absolute volume toggle in developers options but my absolute volume is working splendidly for the first time since I own the device. BT range and stability are also great.
Media notifications work most of the time both on locked and unlocked state, but they do disappear from time to time and you have to restart the app.
The icon animations are missing, apart from when uninstalling an app.
These are my observations.

Maybe OT? Mi 10 (umi)
I have just had another Magisk Canary update (to 21407). I can confirm that after re-installing this week's ROM file, followed by the renamed .apk to .zip file, it still works as it should.

Last edited:
Very strange, on my MI9TPro a have L1, but still Netflix and prime video don't play in HD.
I deleted both apps and reinstalled them, with no success

Reactions: Putti
I'm unable to setup screen lock because the system asks me to set up a fingerprint.

And I can't set up the fingerprint, since it's simply not recognizing my finger. The fingertip icon lights up, but the print won't add. I don't use screen protectors, etc.

Are there any workarounds for this thing? I'm not sure if I want to jump to another ROM again :(

Mi 9 Lite, Full Wipe

On my Mi 9T Pro (raphael) when I install Magisk, the phone don't boot

"MIUI" screen, but never start
Any can help me?
Same thing happened to me. It was one module or the fact that I flashed them all at once. I uninstalled magisk and rebooted, reflashed magisk and it worked. In my case it could have been an audio modification module

I'm unable to setup screen lock because the system asks me to set up a fingerprint.

And I can't set up the fingerprint, since it's simply not recognizing my finger. The fingertip icon lights up, but the print won't add. I don't use screen protectors, etc.

Are there any workarounds for this thing? I'm not sure if I want to jump to another ROM again :(

Mi 9 Lite, Full Wipe
Can you check if you have Widevine L1 support, with "DRM Info" app?

About fingerprint issue, I saw a few reports for your device but no solution given... :(

Mi 10 (umi)
I've just noticed that under Settings / Battery / Battery, it says, "Fully charge and discharge your device 3-5 times to improve the accuracy of the battery health stats".
Perhaps this will reduce the number of people rushing in to complain about their battery each week.

• Haha
Reactions: geoorg
Can you check if you have Widevine L1 support, with "DRM Info" app?

Not sure if I'm looking in the right direction, but I guess I do have this support? Here's the screenshot:

Beautiful rom! Only two very very very big problems:
i cant activate the app postepay (for credit cart mastercar Postepay Evolution) of Poste Italiane. It give me error transaction...
And i can to use Hide Magisk Manager, it can't to install the app with other name...

Same problem with postepay (transacion error BB1), enabled Install via USB from developer options, hided MagiskManager and reinstalled with another name, but postepay still not working :(

Very strange, on my MI9TPro a have L1, but still Netflix and prime video don't play in HD.
I deleted both apps and reinstalled them, with no success
Can you send "Display specifications" screenshot? (Netflix settings)

Same problem with postepay (transacion error BB1), enabled Install via USB from developer options, hided MagiskManager and reinstalled with another name, but postepay still not working :(
Hide Magisk Manager is a good idea but the most important thing to do is to go in the MagiskHide list (on the shield page in Magisk Manager), find your problematic app then expand to see all available activities of the app and enable for all. ;)

Now, you should clean all data of your app in phone's settings.

If it's not working, try to rename the TWRP folder in the root of your phone's storage.

:)

Last edited:
Hide Magisk Manager is a good idea but the most important thing to do is to go in the MagiskHide list (on the shield page in Magisk Manager), find your problematic app then expand to see all available activities of the app and enable for all. ;)

Now, you should clean all data of your app in phone's settings.

If it's not working, try to rename the TWRP folder in the root of your phone's storage.

:)
Solved unistalling magisk, then after reboot i opened Postepay app and configured it for first time. When i see that work fine i rooted again the phone. Now i can use app without errors.

Inviato dal mio Mi 10 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Poney70
Mi 10 (umi)
I've just noticed that under Settings / Battery / Battery, it says, "Fully charge and discharge your device 3-5 times to improve the accuracy of the battery health stats".
Perhaps this will reduce the number of people rushing in to complain about their battery each week.
Do you really think the bulk of people here start reading before they post? Hope dies last. But I think you will be disappointed. Anyway, keep your positive attitude and stay a dreamer. ;-)

Mi 10 (umi)
Yes it's a new feature. It's great one

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

Oi, did you get from stable to beta without formating? That was a serious mistake. Also if you had read the guide, you'd probably know you shouldn't flash the new twrp. Go back to the thread I shared (to see the steps and find the links for downloading), flash the old (little turtle twrp), reboot the phone into twrp (so as the old on gets written) and then shut down the phone, boot into recovery and boot without flashing the new (1206) twrp.
I think you did 2 mistakes that might actually could cause serious damage..

Haha, see now? From ~5quetiones I think I managed to spot the issue.
Edit: I saw your response to geoorg, yeah... I get it now.
Thank you for your answer. Restored little turtle recovery, then booted from 1206 twrp for the sake of restoring the recovery. I thought going from stable to beta would do no harm dirty flashing since the android core base version was the same.
My mistake. Sorry for the off topic! i hope your answer will help guys like me having troubles with mi 10.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Hello, I have a Poco F2 pro and want to know if you're coming from a custom rom like LineageOS and want to install this eu rom, what exactly is the sequence to flash and which twrp should i use? And do I have to return to stock first?

Mi11 Camera Videomode is fixed to 30fps. Can't change it.

Edit: worked if I change to 8k resolution and then back. Then I could use 60fps @1080p

But everytime I do exit the Camera App, my Microsoft Launcher does a "light reset"

Last edited:
Hello, I have a Poco F2 pro and want to know if you're coming from a custom rom like LineageOS and want to install this eu rom, what exactly is the sequence to flash and which twrp should i use? And do I have to return to stock first?
coming from different rom just flash eu rom & format data in twrp

Reactions: Poney70
Status
Not open for further replies.