MIUI 12.5 21.1.27/28

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just tried my first TWRP backup since installing this ROM. I keep on getting the error:
create TarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255

I've researched this and it seems that parallel/dual apps have been created. TWRP backups do not like these. I have not created any dual apps, nor installed any apps since installing this ROM.
When checking my system, there were several 999 folders, but I couldn't find any dual apps under Settings, although I did clear dual app data. I also found a .zip file that removed all dual app data (RMDAD_v0.0.1_040127.zip). I still got the same error.
So, has this week's ROM installed anything, or made any significant changes that has caused this error?
Any suggestions?
I shall carry on researching and trying to resolve this.

Reactions: biscoot
Hello I'm new to this community and have a question about that I know I can install this rom for my mi 10T in a few days.

So my question is is there a OTA update after I installed the Rom? I'm sorry if I post this question in the wrong thread

Greetings Brian

Hello I'm new to this community and have a question about that I know I can install this rom for my mi 10T in a few days.

So my question is is there a OTA update after I installed the Rom? I'm sorry if I post this question in the wrong thread

Greetings Brian
Yes if you install beta, you will get every week OTA update

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

I have just tried my first TWRP backup since installing this ROM. I keep on getting the error:

I've researched this and it seems that parallel/dual apps have been created. TWRP backups do not like these. I have not created any dual apps, nor installed any apps since installing this ROM.
When checking my system, there were several 999 folders, but I couldn't find any dual apps under Settings, although I did clear dual app data. I also found a .zip file that removed all dual app data (RMDAD_v0.0.1_040127.zip). I still got the same error.
So, has this week's ROM installed anything, or made any significant changes that has caused this error?
Any suggestions?
I haven't restored a twrp backup in this new rom, but on previous ones, (while having dual apps with a third party app "Island") I managed to unbrick my phone ~5-10times.. Kinda weird that this happens. Hm, if you want, boot normally, delete dual apps (if not, create and delete them), then install island by oasis, create some dual apps and retry restoring the backup.

Fix for double notification in Downloads app:

DownloadProvider\smali\com\android\providers\downloads\util\BuildUtils.smali

Change in .method public static isInternationalVersion()Z
IS_INTERNATIONAL_BUILD
=> IS_ALPHA_BUILD

Hope Devs will see and fix this annoyng bug :)
Although setting China build instead of International isn't a solution, it did give me a direction of what to follow, and the double-notification issue is finally fixed for the next release.

When I flash "Mount Magisk" show "Magisk isn't installed"...

The rom it's having conflicts with 21.4 Magisk?

Perfect Rom ....all working as good as expected , loves the new feature in sound and touch and the new weather super wallpaper. Safety net still passed.

Just another great Rom by Xiaomi.eu

Thanks a lot guys , have a great weekend

Sent from my Mi9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

Wich twrp did you use? Care to share the link, please? :)

Is there a way to avoid the following pop ups when deleting or editing a picture in Google Photos?

Hello Redmi K30 5G user’s, what about this update?, improvements? do you recommend updating?

Does anyone have the automated tasks working for them, meaning for example the task to turn airplane mode between set times working? Does it turn the airplane mode off? Because it is still not listed in the known issues, so I wonder is it device specific or something else.

I have blurry screen for 5-10 seconds after I unlock my MI9.. Touch is working, but it looks that blur effect of crossfading from locked screen to unlock is somehow glitchy

Any suggestions?
Does this occur when restoring "data" partition?

I am still having problems with the device having a boot loop after hitting restart on K30 5G (picasso).

I came form a completely clean flash, no root no nothing. The first time I hit restart from the first boot I get boot looped.

This has been happening since the latest December updates.

Does this occur when restoring "data" partition?
It happens when I try to backup. I have not tried a restore - I do not want to go back to a previous backup, or attempt to restore (in case it works!).

Edit: Everything that I have found so far points to parallel/dual users. I have tried various methods to delete these dual users, but still the error comes up. E.g. deleting 999 folders, removing 999 users (both from terminal), and clearing dual data. I have tried both TWRP 0623 & 1026.

[Edit 2: It happens during the "Backing up Data (excl. storage) ..."

Last edited:
It happens when I try to backup. I have not tried a restore - I do not want to go back to a previous backup, or attempt to go.
I just re-read and noticed this "create TarFork()"
I shouldn't have asked the question.
Anyway, what does the recovery.log say?

Reactions: geoanto555
I:addFile '/data/extm' including root: 1
==> set selinux context: u:eek:bject_r:extm_data_file:s0
failed to lookup tar policy for '/data/extm' - '200588523a8c7d77'
I:Error adding file '/data/extm' to '/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/103cd7fe/2021-01-31--20-29-02/data.f2fs.win007'
Error creating backup.
I:ERROR tarList for thread ID 0
Error creating backup.
I:InfoManager saving '/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/103cd7fe/2021-01-31--20-29-02/data.info'
createTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255
Backup Failed. Cleaning Backup Folder.

There's over 32 Gb memory available.

I:addFile '/data/extm' including root: 1
==> set selinux context: u:eek:bject_r:extm_data_file:s0
failed to lookup tar policy for '/data/extm' - '200588523a8c7d77'
I:Error adding file '/data/extm' to '/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/103cd7fe/2021-01-31--20-29-02/data.f2fs.win007'
Error creating backup.
I:ERROR tarList for thread ID 0
Error creating backup.
I:InfoManager saving '/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/103cd7fe/2021-01-31--20-29-02/data.info'
createTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255
Backup Failed. Cleaning Backup Folder.

There's over 32 Gb memory available.
I know it would be quite unnecessary posting the whole log here.
Could you maybe send the full recovery.log via PM?

MI9 - I have the same problem with my backup this week! The log points to a folder in the data partition. If I delete or rename it, the error continues to occur. I gave up looking for a way to fix it yesterday and thought of doing a format Data to try and fix it. I had already solved this in the past with another device and only because I had not found any other way! I hope there is another way, but I have not found a viable solution on the internet. I have also never used Dual APPs and did a clean install 3 weeks ago! The log is in the tmp folder and you can copy it to the PC under TWRP and read it. It's better to delete it beforehand and only view it after the error message - otherwise it's too big to edit! But it didn't help me either!

Hello, in a cmi it is very fluid and without failures. but F-Secure detects that the camera has a virus EXP / MS04-028.JPEG.A and recommends me to uninstall the app. Is it a false positive? should I be worried?

Hello, in a cmi it is very fluid and without failures. but F-Secure detects that the camera has a virus EXP / MS04-028.JPEG.A and recommends me to uninstall the app. Is it a false positive? should I be worried?
The only thing needs to be uninstalled is your F-Secure, if it thinks the Camera app has a virus...

Reactions: gkalen
Status
Not open for further replies.