MIUI 12.5 21.1.6/7

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
well... beta is.... beta :)
Weekly roms are open betas, so you SHOULD expect bugs.
I didn't even mean certain releases, it can be both a stable release or a beta it's not important.
The most important thing is that everything works.

I know a lot of beta releases that are more stable than stable releases.

On MI 10 Ultra. Had verified that safetynet passed when I dirty flashed the latest rom last week.

Just checked safetynet again after reading comments here and I'm getting CTS PROFILE MATCH fail.

Using Magiskhide props all this while with no issue.

Don't think it is the rom issue. Seems to be affecting other android phones as well.

Last edited:
i searched for little turtle's twrp. cant seem to find it... it it under a different name?

Hi you can find it into the rom ...

About absolute volume.

You will find it under "NETWORKING" group in developer options.(weird)
the 9th item

Hello George!

Thank you very much, I knew that, I always saw it there.
However, I did a clean install when switching to Android 11 and it was from there that I did not see that option again. Yesterday I installed and went back to the latest weekly version with Android 10 (20.12.9).
Today, instead of doing a clean install, I did a dirty install, just like it does every week, and what do you think? the Absolute Volume option was retained. I honestly don't know why, but it's nice to have it back.

Good night! ✌

Reactions: geoorg
On MI 10 Ultra. Had verified that safetynet passed when I dirty flashed the latest rom last week.

Just checked safetynet again after reading comments here and I'm getting CTS PROFILE MATCH fail.

Using Magiskhide props all this while with no issue.

Don't think it is the rom issue. Seems to be affecting other android phones as well.

it seems that safetynet now is working as it should :)

for apps which check the status on the device you can try the "hidden core module" -> cts profile -> true
it will fake the status on the device not on the servers ....

*** gpay will not work with that module others perhaps will work ***

for everybody who wants to talk about safetynet here you will find the thread (its not weekly rom related)

Last edited:
Reactions: ron42
it seems that safetynet now is working as it should :)

for apps which check the status on the device you can try the "hidden core module" -> cts profile -> true
it will fake the status on the device not on the servers ....

*** gpay will not work with that module others perhaps will work ***

for everybody who wants to talk about safetynet here you will find the thread (its not weekly rom related)

Hi,
Where can I find this: " hidden core module"?

Greetings

Redmi Note 8 has some strange behaviors on Android 11. Battery drain, works slow, not optimized at all. Status bar and visual effects are also a problem.
Not to mention the encryption problem with TWRP. We can only hope that MIUI 12.5 will correct all these shortcomings.
Although I don't hope too much because newer updates actually make the situation worse. Especially with Xiaomi when it comes to Android upgrades always make a mess. I don't know why that is but i use Xiaomi since 2014 always the same story.
I realized that I should stay on that stable version where everything works properly, and ignore the updates.
For all those interested in a stable release for this phone it's MIUI 12.02.2 by xiaomi.eu based on android 10.

Direct link:
Everything here works as you expect!

To clarify this explanation of mine has nothing to do with xiaomi.eu they always made extraordinary ROMs!
Many thanks to xiaomi.eu for providing us the best systems for Xiaomi phones for years! A hundred times better than any official rom!
Edit: Double post...

Redmi Note 8 has some strange behaviors on Android 11. Battery drain, works slow, not optimized at all. Status bar and visual effects are also a problem.
Not to mention the encryption problem with TWRP. We can only hope that MIUI 12.5 will correct all these shortcomings.
Although I don't hope too much because newer updates actually make the situation worse. Especially with Xiaomi when it comes to Android upgrades always make a mess. I don't know why that is but i use Xiaomi since 2014 always the same story.
I realized that I should stay on that stable version where everything works properly, and ignore the updates.
For all those interested in a stable release for this phone it's MIUI 12.02.2 by xiaomi.eu based on android 10.

Direct link:
Everything here works as you expect!

To clarify this explanation of mine has nothing to do with xiaomi.eu they always made extraordinary ROMs!
Many thanks to xiaomi.eu for providing us the best systems for Xiaomi phones for years! A hundred times better than any official rom!
I completely disagree with you. A11 on the RN8 is working brilliantly. It is as fast as A10 although the RAM usage is higher, the Bluetooth is finally fixed. Never had any battery issues. There is a working recovery mentioned tens of times...
And this is just the first test release, it will get even better.

updated my mi 9 lite to 21.1.6 android 11
everything is great but i have one interfering bug
every time after locking my phone always-on-display appears and staying on screen ~5 mins
is anybody know how to fix this?

Last edited:
updated my mi 9 lite to 21.1.6 android 11
everything is great but i have one interfering bug
every time after locking my phone always-on-display appears and staying on screen ~5 mins
i know i can disable always-on-display but it is not variant for me
is anybody know how to fix this?

There is an option.. disable, show for xx seconds and so on.

You dont like it and disable is not an option for you, I dont understand. Its not a bug, its a feature...

• Haha
Reactions: raul61
MI 9 SE
I installed as recommended "TWRP-3.3.2B-0301-XIAOMI9SE-CN-wzsx150.img"
In TWRP:
Format data
Reboot to Recovery
Copy xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9SE_21.1.6_v12-11.zip from PC
Wipe (factory reset)
Install xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9SE_21.1.6_v12-11.zip
Wipe cache and dalvik
Reboot system
Everything was great!!! (call, wi-fi no problem...)
Reboot to Recovery
Install Magisk-v21.2.zip
Reboot system
It took a little longer to install the Magisk Manager (There was one reboot and I reinstalled Magisk Manager)

Everything works and I am satisfied!
Now the reovery not recognize password to decrypt.

Status
Not open for further replies.