Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• IMG_20211203_074739.jpg
    IMG_20211203_074739.jpg
    664.8 KB · Views: 206
Reactions: minotavros
i think so
i updated my mi11 venus an Lost twrp
Please don't comment on something you have little knowledge about.

i've a question: I updated my umi in fast boot mode with android 12. doing this, I lost my twrp?
No. Only devices released with Android 11+ lose TWRP because the recovery is in boot.img, while older devices have a dedicated recovery partition, which is untouched by fastboot flashing.

Please don't comment on something you have little knowledge about.

No. Only devices released with Android 11+ lose TWRP because the recovery is in boot.img, while older devices have a dedicated recovery partition, which is untouched by fastboot flashing.
well non the less wen i updated my mi11 from a11 with twrp installed to a12 i lost the twrp an got normal recovery

ohh didnt see it was mi10 umi
sorry for that

First time that TWRP backukp has failed! So I did a complete re-install (A11) using backups. So I had a fresh install (A11) to upgrade.

I'm frequently using the ADB/USB cable connection to my laptop for backups, so that is working.
I ran 'windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat'. No problem
There was one 'fail' - Writing 'storsecbak' FAILED (remote: '(storsecbak) No such partition') - but that's already known, and so no problem.There was rather a long wait while 'super' got started. But then it all finished fine.

I've had to re-configure a few apps - email, contacts and calendar - having to give them full accesses in order to work. Google is asking lots of permissions. I've gone over to using the App drawer. So far everything is working fine.

I shall be looking at sorting Magisk (Canary) soon.
Everything you mentioned sounds normal, no worries.

Reactions: biscoot
Recorder is not working. "Sound recorder error: Check if another app is currently using the recording feature."
It is recording phone calls OK.
Suggestions?

Hello,
Mi 11 Ultra - Ingress crashes immediately after starting screen
I allready tryed clearing data and reinstalling after reboot.

Hello,
Are you guys planning to release this week's rom for Redmi K30 Pro (lmi) that xiaomi put out today (21.11.30) or do we have to wait until next week?

Thank you for your hard work!

Reactions: Monclier
Will there be a fixed Mi 10T pro version? Does the camera change with android 12? Is it working properly?

This is defined as a V12.5 issue. I have been using Google assistant ('OK Google') successfully through v12.5 and 12.6, and still been able to record separately. So this is a new A12 issue / bug, from this update.
I turned off / redirected what I could from 'Voice assistant, and 'Assist & voice input'. 'OK Google' stopped working, but I could still not manually start the recorder.
Video also works OK, with the mic working. I put the settngs back again, and 'OK Google' works again.
I must therefore declare this a bug, and put it into the bug section. ;) (but with a bit more detail than the others!)

Trying to put it on my Mi10, stuck in fastboot by "sending cust"...
Any ideas how long it takes?
What if it doesn't continue?

Hi everyone
This is my first post so please be patience:), I might be the slowest here in terms of understanding
First of all thanks to the developers for this new update, I am sorry if this has been asked before - I have read all the previous posts to find the solution but couldn't
I have successfully upgrade A12 from the last A11 weekly rom using fastboot on Mi 10 umi but lost TWRP and of course Magisk as well
reading the posts above I found out that both can be retained using fasboot but I am unable to understand how?
I have my previous rom's back up stored on my PC too(Used TWRP), if this is complicated, can someone tell me how I can go back or downgrade to the A11 previous Rom as I dont have TWRP anymore.
thanks in advance

i've updated my apollo device
first attempt, device bricked
second one with data format succesfully

Hi everyone
This is my first post so please be patience:), I might be the slowest here in terms of understanding
First of all thanks to the developers for this new update, I am sorry if this has been asked before - I have read all the previous posts to find the solution but couldn't
I have successfully upgrade A12 from the last A11 weekly rom using fastboot on Mi 10 umi but lost TWRP and of course Magisk as well
reading the posts above I found out that both can be retained using fasboot but I am unable to understand how?
I have my previous rom's back up stored on my PC too(Used TWRP), if this is complicated, can someone tell me how I can go back or downgrade to the A11 previous Rom as I dont have TWRP anymore.
thanks in advance
I have just tried booting into TWRP (3.5.1) - it did not work. I also tried a Fastboot boot into it and it also did not work.
We have to be very cautious with Mi 10 (umi) because it has had problems in the past with TWRP / Recoveries.
So the best thing that we can do is make sure that we have good backups, and not attempt to use TWRP / Recovery.
I shall at a later stage try and install Magisk (Canary) - but for the moment, I shall be finding my way round, and not rushing into things!

Hi everyone
thanks in advance
there is no 100% working twrp for a12 it cant decrypt the storage as example.

if you want to downgrade use as example miflash and install a stockrom as example from mifirm.net

then install / boot twrp and then install your xiaomi.eu rom what you want with a11

to install magisk for a12 follow this…
you have to patch boot.img and install it with fastboot

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/21-6-30.62035/page-2#post-617162

use canary version magisk for a12 example link

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/topjohnwu/magisk-files/canary/app-debug.apk

Status
Not open for further replies.