MIUI 13 21.12.29/30 - First MIUI 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the fast update.

Mi11ultra 21.12.29

Cloud backup daily and " Back up now" doesn´t work. No notification about failure.
Onboard Backup/ manual on device works

Using MiFlash I just installed MIUI 13 version 21.12.30 on my Mi 10 Ultra (which had the original Chinese ROM). After a long wait MiFlash said the flashing had failed. However when I rebooted the phone to my great surprise I was met with the MIUI 13 welcome setup process, and it seems to be running well. The phone initially started in safe mode and airplane mode but when I rebooted it was fully working. I am a senior citizen and this type of thing is very difficult/complicated, but I am very happy that I have got the EU ROM working, as the China one was a nightmare.

Ok Google is still not working on Mi 11i when the screen is off and when I try to restore from mi cloud settings app would crash immediately.

It's in the description you need A12 ROM to install this.

Where?
1641144874110.png

thanks for your clear answer :) i search this information on the thread but cannot see :)
Great :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

i dont know how u search untill u cannot see what already there on 1st post

or

• Haha
Reactions: geoorg
Updated my Redmi K40 Pro+, which has been in the drawer since last April due to no recovery version. Update went smooth. Initially, I got a message that 'Permissions' was crashing but this went away after a few reboots - no idea (yes, I waited for the 'completing system update' message to finish).
Everything seems to work fine - most of the time. I'm getting intermittent reboots to Recovery though for no apparent reason. Happened a few times when updating apps, changing settings, the-like.
Still, dared rooting the device via a Magisk-patched image and this worked fine too but didn't stop the random reboots, so back to the drawer. ;)

Only a few ppl talked about Mi 10 (umi) so I decided to write some info. I've tested most common issues and:

Dirty update from weekly Xiaomi.eu A12 (MIUI v21.12.8) went smooth,
Reboot after installation was even faster than in earlier updates
MIUI autochanged my background :( and font (this is quite cool)
Everything looks bigger. Navigation in menu imo is smoother
Booting/rebooting is a bit faster
Google Play app updates is still IMO a bit laggy - but it worked like this on every phone and every FW I've had (I'm a bit pedant and this annoys me a bit)
Google Play System Update is from 11/01/2021 and I can't update it ("Updates are temporarily unavilable, try again later")
We got our Mitu (fastboot) Xiaomi mascot back :)
Magisk (canary) and Zygisk works good
SafetyNet Pass (McDonalds app and NFC payments works)
DualSIM works (someone was asking)
'OK Google' works on locked phone but it's features are limited (when I've tried to turn off my Xiaomi bulb it want me to unlock phone)
YT Vanced Manager and YT apps didn't need reinstallation and works
Fixed changing ringtones (propably in earlier built but I noticed just now)
Changing Homescreen layout (5x6, 6x7 etc.) works
I do not see any problems with storage both on Gmail nor Telegram nor Bluemail nor any other app
Chrome browser works
Also haven't seen other bugs (but I'm not a pro user)

In few words? Everything works fine. Thanks 4 devs!

mi11 clean flash all ok except:
1)gmail attachment (do you think that will be fix in the next release?)
2)Microsoft excel, world, powerpoint: at the first start i got an error like "unable to download linguage file" (i'm italian) and i have this app in english (no problems but is not correct)
3)this is not a bug of rom but i have this issue with miui in general. At every reboot, i find in my contact some carrier contact (credit, voice mail etc). this contact are read only. If i clean data of "com.android.provider.contacts." then they disappare but at next reboot i have them again. I remember, in the past, i solved this by unistall a package with adb (pm uninstal etc etc) but i dont remember which package. have you idea?
I flashed ( ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat) an old Fastboot version (A11) of the .EU rom (12-5-2021), installed Gmail ,Telegram and all apps, saw that storage works.
Upgraded ( ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat) to A12 Miui13 (21-12-29) and all works (Gmail, Telegram, Word, Excel..).

Reactions: biscoot
Hi Guys. I'll try again now. Maybe someone can help me . I can't flash any Rom except the CN stable. if I want to flash the MIUI 13 Rom I end up with the 21.11.11 version again? Why is that so. ? What does the mistake mean? I tried to do Format Data or erase metadata, but nothing worked.
4a3b2cca5123a92cf1838879fbf77667.jpg

Sent from my M2102K1C using Tapatalk
it does it from cable and it does it because of desktop computers

please change the cable and try laptop.

Reactions: KGVER
Only a few ppl talked about Mi 10 (umi) so I decided to write some info. I've tested most common issues and:

Google Play app updates is still IMO a bit laggy - but it worked like this on every phone and every FW I've had (I'm a bit pedant and this annoys me a bit)
Google Play System Update is from 11/01/2021 and I can't update it ("Updates are temporarily unavilable, try again later")
'OK Google' works on locked phone but it's features are limited (when I've tried to turn off my Xiaomi bulb it want me to unlock phone)
I do not see any problems with storage both on Gmail nor Telegram nor Bluemail nor any other app
Chrome browser works

Chrome works fine for me
Gmail Telegram storage attachments work fine.
NFC mobile payment has no problem.
my poco f3 device.

Chrome browser works

Good evening to you all guys!!

I still have problems with changing ringtones to specific apps like Instagram or Outlook ... im starting to believe that i need a "format data" what's your opinions?

Chrome browser works

I have also installed it in my UMI. I was in the Last stable MIUI12 build. The Script for the Update without loosing data didnt work for me and ended in a bootloop. So Ive reflashed it with wipe and everything ist working finde. Thx devs.

Reactions: KGVER
it not start. black screen. if i press the button, nothing happened. why???????????????
Hi it can be recovered by edl flash using miflash tool but need outside help to do it just Google it.dont want to break any forum rules so no links hope it helps

@ingbrzy Mi11 ultra-xiaomi.eu weekly 21.12.29 I just have an annoying bug that was also present in miui12. If I download a pdf file from facebook, the download manager downloads the file but does not save it. Anyone have a solution?

I found the solution! I was using a theme which messes with the Homescreen (folders are 4 icons wide instead of 3). I used the default theme and the option returned.
Thank you! I was changing some stuff on my theme last night and I had the same problem show up. Set the theme back to the default theme and sure enough the grid size options returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.