MIUI 12.5 21.2.24/25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just noticed quite a large section in the Settings for Miui+ beta.
I've tried loading up the program on my PC again, but not speaking chinese, cannot understand one word.
Is there an english version, or at least instructions, available anywhere?

Reactions: bugnug80
Not yet. Plus the PC software only works with selected devices
Having loaded again on my laptop, I cannot get rid of it! It is a service where all of the options to stop, disable, etc are all greyed out. And I cannot 'End task' in Task Manager either. So it seems that I am stuck with it for the moment.

[Edit: Having experimented with a few of the chinese options, I eventually managed to uninstall it.]

[Further edit: The PC software seemed to work fine with my laptop - I just couldn't understand it. So maybe it might work, if I could only understand it!]

Last edited:
Hi! Yesterday my phone (7A) received the update to MIUI 12 early in the morning. As I had woken up suddenly, I just hit update and let it update as usual. When I truly woke up couple hours later, my phone was on a loop. Boots, shows update screen, goes up to 0.8~1%, freezes, resets. Over and over and over again... Sometimes it goes as high as 15% and one time it went up to 23.99%, and then it completely froze and I had to force restart my phone. And besides all that, I can't go into recovery mode or fastboot mode either. I tried everything possible on the internet but nothing really changed. I'm completely stuck on this one... it stuck 23.99% again.

I encounter a big problem on LMI POCO F2 PRO

The sound during calls suddenly stopped, through ear or speaker, and when I want to watch a youtube video, the playback is pretty slow with no sound coming out.

I have not tried to record some sound see if it works.

I have to reboot the phone for me to be able to fix this bug.

It occurs randomly

Envoyé de mon POCO F2 Pro en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: bugnug80

The sound during calls suddenly stopped, through ear or speaker, and when I want to watch a youtube video, the playback is pretty slow with no sound coming out.

It occurs randomly

No solution at the moment.

It occurs randomly

Some suggestions:
- Factory reset - if done from within TWRP, you will probably keep all of your files;
- Clear Dalvik and cache, and delete the data/system/package_cache folder.

Can someone tell me how to do a factory reset when you are using Xiaomi eu weakly Beta?

I tried to do it from the setting but it took me to twrp recovery. I just want to do a simple factory reset without flashing the weakly beta rom. Thanks.

Hey, do you see the HD logo when in call of the vowifi logo up the top bar? Thanks! I entered the codes and got the options but doesn't appear they are working
Depends on device. Example: in lavender VoLTE works, but shows no icon in statusbar. VoWiFi can be activated in settings but doesn't work at all because of missing MBN tool to change the profile.

Finally took the jump on my Mi 9 and updated from 20.11.18 (dirty) and everything works near perfectly. The new look + the new animations are great, performance, battery and memory usage is noticeably improved and many of the new features are useful too. Had to drop Nova to make the full screen gestures work properly (and even without full screen gestures, with Nova the Recents screen was kind of janky) so that was a bit of an adaptation but beyond that I have no complaints. Aside from one small nitpick: swiping down on the home screen to bring down the notification shade sometimes doesn't work and only gives a quick 'flicker' on the first attempt. Rarely happens though.

Happy to report that regarding WiFi, Bluetooth and a bunch of other issues people are reporting, none of those seem to be affecting me.

Edit: also was afraid I'd see more slowdowns due to Android 11's scoped storage with things like games/emulators/etc that rely on external (not in the their own data directory) files but actually OpenMW still works great (even faster at loading its files now it seems) and thus far only Delta Touch (Doom engine ports) reads its files a lot slower than before. Not a deal-breaker but booting up Doom 3 with it now takes maybe almost a full minute to get in game while before it was super quick. Any workarounds for this that don't involve root/magisk?

Can someone tell me how to do a factory reset when you are using Xiaomi eu weakly Beta?

I tried to do it from the setting but it took me to twrp recovery. I just want to do a simple factory reset without flashing the weakly beta rom. Thanks.
You were fortune to be sent to twrp, because that is where to do the factory reset

Reactions: biscoot

Strange. Because it is a slightly different reset to the TWRP one, e.g. SD card data. If it goes into TWRP, (and decrypts), you could just as well do a factory reset from there - under Wipe / (Swipe to Factory Reset), and keep all of your files.
(I cannot remember ever having done one from within the Settings).

Reactions: biscoot and geoorg
Strange. Because it is a slightly different reset to the TWRP one, e.g. SD card data. If it goes into TWRP, (and decrypts), you could just as well do a factory reset from there - under Wipe / (Swipe to Factory Reset), and keep all of your files.
(I cannot remember ever having done one from within the Settings).

So I don't have to flash the rom again if I (Swipe to Factory Reset), It will take me directly to MIUI setup correct?

So I don't have to flash the rom again if I (Swipe to Factory Reset), It will take me directly to MIUI setup correct?
[Edit: No - you should not have to flash the ROM again.]
Yes - in theory :) After the Factory reset, you should be able to Reboot to System, and as you correctly say, to the Miui setup.
This is assuming that everything else is correct.

Reactions: kazamama
Xiaomi decided to implement full gestures only in stock launcher not in system UI and not in poco launcher

Workarounds:
  • Install from GooglePlayStore:
    • Infinity Gestures
    • Fluid Navigation Gestures
  • Use CustoMIUIzer
    • Laucher -> Gestures -> there you have a lot of options
Or try this without waranty:
./adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural
Thank you

I was using otheraps but not Fluid Navigation Gestures, they used to work but not with the last update, FNG works just fine :)

Reactions: Poney70
All sensors are working fine over here on my RN8, so you may have some corruption on the persist partition. Look for ways of recovering that. Basically you need to restore a backup to restore functionality.
Thank you.
I installed persist.img
Solved.

Reactions: Seck60
Hi, somebody can tell why after the update to 12.2.24 the main camara do this? Only happens when is used on 1x, on the other options don't do it.
85614c005fce39562043cf82665352e3.jpg

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

Reactions: WinterWarrior67
I've a problem with my encryption password. I needed to get my Mi Note 10 repaired and so I wiped the internal memory and factory reset the phone. Now though TWRP can't decrypt the phone using my old password. Did I manage to reset the encryption password with my factory reset? Would somebody be able to advise me on the best way to reset it to a known value? I'm fine with doing another factory reset if necessary.

Thanks!

p.s. I'm on the previous 12.5 release but I think that thread is locked so I'm asking here.

Hi, somebody can tell why after the update to 12.2.24 the main camara do this? Only happens when is used on 1x, on the other options don't do it.

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk
bro you unlocked matrix vision, congrats!

i have the same phone and i haven't unlocked it yett :(

Gallery seems to consume A LOT of power. I have an app that controls till what percentage the phone charges and after what percentage the phone starts charging again. Gallery consumed very much of the battery during the night:

Attachments

• IMG_20210303_080615.jpg
    IMG_20210303_080615.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 253
  • Screenshot_2021-03-03-08-05-52-782_com.gsamlabs.bbm.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-03-08-05-52-782_com.gsamlabs.bbm.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 241
Status
Not open for further replies.