MIUI 12.5 21.2.24/25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, also, can somebody help me turn off the "improved image search" in gallery? It seems like it may collect data and send them online, which I ~don't want...
(If it's not possible, it may be a good idea to add a switch for this in a future update @developers. I wanted to see what it is and now I ~can't turn it off..)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-03-08-36-03-116_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-03-08-36-03-116_com.android.settings.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Hi, somebody can tell why after the update to 12.2.24 the main camara do this? Only happens when is used on 1x, on the other options don't do it.
85614c005fce39562043cf82665352e3.jpg

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk
That is a feature - it doesn't stay on once a photo is taken right? I am pretty sure it is the exposure verification which was visualized like this at some point, but currently it uses different shading on my RN8. Have a look around the options.

That is a feature - it doesn't stay on once a photo is taken right? I am pretty sure it is the exposure verification which was visualized like this at some point, but currently it uses different shading on my RN8. Have a look around the options.
Lol, I think thats a captured photo what he/she posted, so not much of a feature. Also if I remember well, I think mi 10 ultra users had many times issues with camera tints and such.

Guys,
I have the Xiaomi Mi 9 ro 5G. Installed the latest ROM and have android 11 now. My magisk says 'ramdisk no'.
I found this page: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html
But I don't understand the following line:
  • Copy the patched image to your PC with ADB:
    adb pull /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched_[random_strings].img
What ecactly do I need to do here ? I have done all the previous steps.
Please advise, thanks

Guys,
I have the Xiaomi Mi 9 ro 5G. Installed the latest ROM and have android 11 now. My magisk says 'ramdisk no'.
I found this page: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html
But I don't understand the following line:
  • Copy the patched image to your PC with ADB:
    adb pull /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched_[random_strings].img
What ecactly do I need to do here ? I have done all the previous steps.
Please advise, thanks
"Ramdisk: no" is not an issue...

If you can grant root access, you don't need to worry about anything. ;)

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the latest version (xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK20MI9T_21.2.24_v12-11). Google Assistant won't make phone calls, this feature is available on stock global MIUI and other customs ROMs. I tried to confirm if the Google App has telephony permissions but I couldn't find the option (apparently, as a system app, I can't modify any permission).
Any ideas?

Thanks in advice.

Thanks for the continued support! Updated just fine and all seems well. I suppose Xiaomi still haven't fixed full screen gesture compatibility because it still doesn't work with Nova Launcher - looking forward to when it does! Either way; thank you.

Mi 9

Since more than a month I experience massive problems with my WiFi connection on 5GHz. The issue with L1 still exists and I'm only able to to watch in SD quality. But SafetyNet status is successfully passed.
My Mi9 has had wifi problems with 5ghz too. At last an update of the router/fritzbox solved the problem. Actualy i have an testsystem in my house based on unifi hardware with 4 ap´s around the house. with that wifi hardware no issues while roaming, bandsteering. Think there is a problem with some ap´s and some miui versions...

the stain remains after taking the photo, it only happens when it is in 1x

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

Thanks for the continued support! Updated just fine and all seems well. I suppose Xiaomi still haven't fixed full screen gesture compatibility because it still doesn't work with Nova Launcher - looking forward to when it does! Either way; thank you.
When you switch from System launcher to a third-party launcher, full-screen gestures are automatically disabled and the navigation bar is restored.
You should have figured that it's done intentionally because full-screen gestures are tied to the launcher exclusively since Android 11, you can't use them with third-party launchers.
From next release, you won't be able to force-enable full-screen gestures while using a third-party launcher, in order to avoid this misunderstanding...

When you switch from System launcher to a third-party launcher, full-screen gestures are automatically disabled and the navigation bar is restored.
You should have figured that it's done intentionally because full-screen gestures are tied to the launcher exclusively since Android 11, you can't use them with third-party launchers.
From next release, you won't be able to force-enable full-screen gestures while using a third-party launcher, in order to avoid this misunderstanding...

I'm new to custom ROMs and Android 11 so this was not obvious to me - it's sad that Android 11 takes the ability away... Nova Launcher was so nice with Android 10 in full screen.

Um, also, can somebody help me turn off the "improved image search" in gallery? It seems like it may collect data and send them online, which I ~don't want...
(If it's not possible, it may be a good idea to add a switch for this in a future update @developers. I wanted to see what it is and now I ~can't turn it off..)
Gallery > settings > sync with the cloud > identify objects on photos.

Turn it off

Cheers! :cool:

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Gallery > settings > sync with the cloud > identify objects on photos.

Turn it off

Cheers! :cool:
THANKS! I had the sync off, so I didn't think about checking there. I enabled it temporarily, found the setting, disabled it and disabled sync again. Now the improved image search is off, yay! :emoji_thumbsup:
(Haha, now there's ~only the problem with gallery consuming power left to solve. )
EDIT: Thinking about it again, maybe it was that setting making the app to consume power, hmmm, I'll see how it goes, it may be solved too now.

THANKS! I had the sync off, so I didn't think about checking there. I enabled it temporarily, found the setting, disabled it and disabled sync again. Now the improved image search is off, yay! :emoji_thumbsup:
(Haha, now there's ~only the problem with gallery consuming power left to solve. )
EDIT: Thinking about it again, maybe it was that setting making the app to consume power, hmmm, I'll see how it goes, it may be solved too now.
I guess both could be related.
But let's see how it goes.

N.B: are you using gallery beta? (Just for laughs) ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Blastboom Strice
I guess both could be related.
But let's see how it goes.

N.B: are you using gallery beta? (Just for laughs) ;)
Haha, I thought about checking the lab features (in special features) and didn't know how to trun this one off (deactived the other one too with ai preloading).

After the latest update, notifications for google messages are disappearing. Tried to reinstall the app still the same. Joined the beta and it is the same. Someone else facing the same issue?

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: mnikolce
"Ramdisk: no" is not an issue...

If you can grant root access, you don't need to worry about anything. ;)

Thanks for your comment but I just would like to understand that line because I need to install magisk correctly. Flashing the zip did not work from twrp.

Thanks for your co mment but I just would like to understand that line because I need to install magisk correctly. Flashing the zip did not work from twrp.
Its a opportunuty for phones without custom recovery (twrp) to flash the patched_boot.img in boot partition of phone with adb or fastboot from pc

In Windows open cmd (admin):
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img

I'm new to custom ROMs and Android 11 so this was not obvious to me - it's sad that Android 11 takes the ability away... Nova Launcher was so nice with Android 10 in full screen.
Nova 7 adds a lot of custom gestures and Android 11 compatibility, maybe worth a shot.

Regards

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

I've noticed a problem with this ROM, for some reason Bluetooth tends to crash randomly when listening to music using a Bluetooth device. It doesn't matter what codec you use, it still crashes randomly. After the crashing has happened, Bluetooth turns on again and connects to your previously connected device, which is great, but Bluetooth shouldn't crash like that.

Is there anything I can try to resolve this issue?
My device is the Xiaomi Mi 10, running on the latest weekly (21.2.24).

UPDATE:
I have fixed this issue!

Last edited:
Reactions: bugnug80
Thanks for your comment but I just would like to understand that line because I need to install magisk correctly. Flashing the zip did not work from twrp.

What version of magisk are you trying to flash? Flashing the latest version of magisk (Version 22.0) in twrp should work fine. Note that magisk manager and magisk installer have merged into one file, intro an .apk file. If you want to flash in twrp, then all you gotta do is to rename the Magisk.apk to Magisk.zip

Reactions: Poney70
What version of magisk are you trying to flash? Flashing the latest version of magisk (Version 22.0) in twrp should work fine. Note that magisk manager and magisk installer have merged into one file, intro an .apk file. If you want to flash in twrp, then all you gotta do is to rename the Magisk.apk to Magisk.zip
This is following ramdisk statistic. For lavender, always says no to flash as zip if you have installed previously a custom recovery.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: alexfernando651
I've noticed a problem with this ROM, for some reason Bluetooth tends to crash randomly when listening to music using a Bluetooth device. It doesn't matter what codec you use, it still crashes randomly. After the crashing has happened, Bluetooth turns on again and connects to your previously connected device, which is great, but Bluetooth shouldn't crash like that.

Is there anything I can try to resolve this issue?
My device is the Xiaomi Mi 10, running on the latest weekly (21.2.24).
That's a bit weird, I was listening to music a little before on my mi 10 through bluetooth... Have you tried to listen to music with the same earbuds/speaker on another device?

Status
Not open for further replies.