MIUI 12.5 21.2.24/25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bit weird, I was listening to music a little before on my mi 10 through bluetooth... Have you tried to listen to music with the same earbuds/speaker on another device?

Yes, I have in fact, with my p30 pro. Nothing crashes there, the same can be said when I was on stable ROM on my Mi 10. When I was on stable ROM this issue didn't occur. I usually listen to music via Bluetooth for like an hour or two. I really don't know why it randomly crashes like that.
Yes, it is indeed a bit weird.

I've noticed a problem with this ROM, for some reason Bluetooth tends to crash randomly when listening to music using a Bluetooth device. It doesn't matter what codec you use, it still crashes randomly. After the crashing has happened, Bluetooth turns on again and connects to your previously connected device, which is great, but Bluetooth shouldn't crash like that.

Is there anything I can try to resolve this issue?
My device is the Xiaomi Mi 10, running on the latest weekly (21.2.24).
I have an Mi 10 (umi) and regularly listen to music with my Bluetooth headphones (aptX), but not as much as previously because of lockdown. I have not had Bluetooth crash at all.

anyone notice high power consumption on this 21.2.24 on MI9 ? phone overnight will take up 20%+ of batt. Last built v21.2.3 only take 10% of batt consumption.

Reactions: bugnug80 and TaFNC
anyone notice high power consumption on this 21.2.24 on MI9 ? phone overnight will take up 20%+ of batt. Last built v21.2.3 only take 10% of batt consumption.
Check if gallery consumes all that battery.
I turned off "advanced image search" from gallery sync settings and "ai preloading" from special features in settings. Tnx @geoorg! Now, during the night, probably not even a single percent of battery was consumed.

Last edited:
I have an Mi 10 (umi) and regularly listen to music with my Bluetooth headphones (aptX), but not as much as previously because of lockdown. I have not had Bluetooth crash at all.

I might have fixed my issue regarding Bluetooth crashing. All I did was to clear the cache on the Bluetooth "app", but I also repaired my Bluetooth device (which supports LDHC (HWA), LDAC, aptX-HD, aptX, aptX-LL, AAC, and SBC) and the crashing seems to be gone.

I can change the Bluetooth codec in the Bluetooth device's specific app (which codecs to enable/disable) and I believe that the phone might have gotten confused when changing codecs while still being "paired". E.g. I enabled LDAC codec, disabled LDHC codec, and connected the headphones (without unpairing), but under "absolute volume" there was still the toggle switch "LDHC" "provide a high-quality audio experience". Repairing my headphones resulted in the toggle (under "absolute volume") changing to "LDAC" "provide a high-quality audio experience". I haven't experienced any Bluetooth crashes since, quite weird though. Hopefully, it's fixed!

Last edited:
please delete this post reply, as I don't know how to delete post replies. I accidentally hit "reply" instead of "edit"

Last edited:
Can someone tell me how to do a factory reset when you are using Xiaomi eu weakly Beta?

I tried to do it from the setting but it took me to twrp recovery. I just want to do a simple factory reset without flashing the weakly beta rom. Thanks.
This bug is present for years...
It's not practicable for non advanced users.

Reactions: Iain_B
hi, battery seems normal?
ps: i know it is to soon to know about it...but just to know if dont have any abnormal usage...like always active(withoud deep sleep) etc
thx

Sorry, I read now.
I would say that after a week the battery is normal.

At last , there's a new twrp for mi 10 UMI .. i don't know if already written though..
Working fine as i can see , no need to enter via fastboot mode with this twrp ..

Flashed 12.2.5 twrp , i don't know the difference with 12.1.5 twrp .. i thought that 12.2.5 will be newer ..
Follow known installation procedure to flash ..
Enter fastboot mode , open a cmd ..
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot reboot ( hold continuously volume up and hit enter until you see twrp's screen )

I flashed it this way , no need to flash vbmeta , for me works like that..

At last , there's a new twrp for mi 10 UMI .. i don't know if already written though..
Working fine as i can see , no need to enter via fastboot mode with this twrp ..

Flashed 12.2.5 twrp , i don't know the difference with 12.1.5 twrp .. i thought that 12.2.5 will be newer ..
fastboot reboot ( hold continuously volume up and hit enter until you see twrp's screen )

Wow, new twrp for mi 10? In the guide the guy says to flash vbmeta and format data? Why?
EDIT:The vbmeta flash and data fromat is probably for those with stock roms:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-04-12-52-22-883_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-04-12-52-22-883_com.android.chrome.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 319
Wow, new twrp for mi 10? In the guide the guy says to flash vbmeta and format data? Why?
I didn't flash vbmeta and didn't format data because it is not a first time flash..
Usually vbmeta and format data needed for flashing for first time after unlocking..
Data was decrypted so i didn't formated , anyways i will see the behaviour of data decryption after flashing the new rom today and will see if it needs format data or we can skip this ..
At this time data is decrypted and twrp works like a charm ..

Hi everyone, can anyone help me? The European development version has just been updated! Why is there no icon in the notification position on the desktop when I use the music application in the background? I started all the notifications! The international version was used before, why is it so strange!
The icon in this instance is quite useless
It does not play any role in functionality
If you want to interact with the music player, you do that through the notification shade not the notification icon.

I was testing out version 12.2.5 earlier this morning which put me into a recovery loop, and was very difficult to get sorted.
This seems to be the same version number, and in a different location.
This was my feedback on testing the MBTWRP_12.2.5_UMI.img
For the moment, I would not use this until it is thoroughly tested, and found not to conflict with the 1206 which comes with the ROMs.

I was testing out version 12.2.5 earlier this morning which put me into a recovery loop, and was very difficult to get sorted.
For the moment, I would not use this until it is thoroughly tested, and found not to conflict with the 1206 which comes with the ROMs.
Hm, mine didn't seem to have any issues..

Hm, mine didn't seem to have any issues..
Being more cautious, I booted into it rather than flashing it. It did show some conflicts with the 1206 that comes with the ROMs.
However, after I reinstalled this week's ROM and Magisk (as part of the test), I got into a recovery loop trying to get back to System.
Whether that was bad luck, or a real problem, I do not know. I encountered errors trying to restore my TWRP backup, likewise I could not even flash back the stock ROM.
When I have more time, I shall take another full backup and try to re-install this week's ROM and Magisk.

No issues here , work like a charm .. me either with 1206 in recovery partition ..
Did you try to boot to twrp or by holding volume up ??
Try with volume button and flash twrp not boot command ..
I wrote exactly what i did and works just fine for me ..

Being more cautious, I booted into it rather than flashing it. It did show some conflicts with the 1206 that comes with the ROMs.
However, after I reinstalled this week's ROM and Magisk (as part of the test), I got into a recovery loop trying to get back to System.
Whether that was bad luck, or a real problem, I do not know. I encountered errors trying to restore my TWRP backup, likewise I could not even flash back the stock ROM.
When I have more time, I shall take another full backup and try to re-install this week's ROM and Magisk.
Ohh, so you didn't flash it at all? Is it possible that only booting into it may cause the issue?
Uff, lol, gotta update my guide once again.... Gonna remove the fastboot boot recommendation for this twrp.

Reactions: geoorg and gkalen
@Igor Eisberg have you included the new twrp for the mi 10 series in the new weekly? Are you planning to? Asking to know if it's worthy downloading the one released today or wait another day or so to upload a new one with the new twrp (if you're planning on putting it in the new weekly).

@gkalen wanna be first and try it with the new rom? :emoji_laughing:
I already tested .. rebooted to new twrp by powermenu after a long time , flashing rom , wipe cache and dalvik , reboot to system ..
Worked like a charm ..
After booting to system , trying to reboot to recovery by powermenu , still working fine and still decrypted ..
I think everything is great now ..

NOTE
In case you already flash new twrp..
I have to tell that new rom will contain a recovery.img file inside firmware-update folder , if you don't want to loose the new twrp you have to delete recovery.img from this folder or replace the recovery.img with the new twrp by renaming it to recovery.img ..

EDIT
@Iain_B
Well you can't miss it now , as you can read at below post after installation of new rom , twrp will be changed , so you don't have to do more than flashing new weekly update..

Last edited:
Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Status
Not open for further replies.