MIUI 12.5 21.2.3/4

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, that's a bit alarming; I left my phone to chrage for ~1hour and while the battery has ~38°C the cpu is ~65°C even though it was resting for about an hour.
I'll try to change the edxposed drivers or reboot the phone. Also gonna scan for viruses.
(It may also be that I turned on systemless hosts option yesterday in magisk.)
Anyone with a mi 10 and similar issues? @Iain_B ?
UPDATE: It seems like systemless hosts module was the issue, after removing it the temp of cpu is ~40-45°C.
2021_02_08_15_27_27.jpg

Attachments

• 2021_02_08_15_02_09.jpg
    2021_02_08_15_02_09.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Um ~don't wanna be that guy, but I think my mi 10 gets easily warmer (~50°C the cpu) than the previous rom and I noticed that the charging has issues. Even if it's the ai charging, I'd like to have the freedom of chosing alow or fast charging. I'm using a ~7W charger (as I used to) and now I think ut charges even slower. I have apps that can limit charge upto a ceratain percentage, so even if I do night charges there's ~no issue. I think someone else should check this too. Note that when not charged my phone ~is in battery saving mode, I have ~4.800mah and my charging-discharging cycles are about 70% of full cycle. (Btw, a screenshot of last charging, lol it seems like it discharged while charging in the last portion. The red portions are probably when I was updating magisk, edxposed drivers etc which required reboots and consume battery.)
I'm also uploading temporary link (due to privacy reasons) of some graphs with the battery usage of the last ~18days
This is a repeat of a post of mine from last October:

With my Mi 10 5G, I can get four different levels of charging:
1) Ordinary charge;
2) Quick charge;
3) Mi Turbo charge;
4) Mi Turbo charge, with the decimal points counting upwards.

These depend upon the cable and charging unit plugged into the mains. I have not unpacked the original charging unit and cable from the box, but I use the charging unit and cable that came with the Xiaomi wireless charging unit. These give the best charging power. With them plugged into the wireless unit, I get 3) above. With them plugged directly into the phone, I get 4) above.

When I connect for the Fastboot connection to my laptop, I get the ordinary charge - 1).
So, depending upon the connection, I can set the rate of charge myself. With the Mi Turbo charges, the back of my phone does get warm.
I do not use any battery apps - I rely on my own settings, and now in the knowledge that the AI is being used. I wonder if using a battery app might be the same as, for instance, using two anti-virus apps, where they might easily be in conflict with one another.

Reactions: Piooo
Did anyone notice an increase in ram usage & booting period after dirty flashing to this version? I'm using Redmi Note 7 Global 3GB variant

Last edited:
Reactions: ddj123
I do not use any battery apps - I rely on my own settings, and now in the knowledge that the AI is being used. I wonder if using a battery app might be the same as, for instance, using two anti-virus apps, where they might easily be in conflict with one another.
Hm, ~dunno, but the app I have is set to only stop the charging when reaching 77%, I ~haven't set it to limit the current or anything. I recently though updated edxpised drivers (twice), updated LP and installed adaway and systemless hosts magisk module for it (deleted the 2 of these ~now). Also I turned on greenify, afwall (android firewall app) and LP (somehow it got turned off) edxposed modules. I think though, now the phone charges normally, the adaway+systemless hosts probably caused the issue.

Really great update on LMI POCO F2 PRO.

Just had a bug where the downloads app couldn't be updated "from unofficial channels".

Fix : use SAI in root mode, locate the update package apk in
Android/data/com.android.providers. downloads.ui/files/download

And install it through SAI.

Also I encounter another problem using MiMail app.

I seem not be able to send E-mail when I'm connected through WLAN.

Each time, I get a warning indicating that the mail has not send. I have then to edit/resend using data.

Also I often have bad time to load/read some email once opened.

Sometimes it won't be showing anything but loading.

So here's my feedback.

Thanks a lot

Envoyé de mon POCO F2 Pro en utilisant Tapatalk

Ok, that's a bit alarming; I left my phone to chrage for ~1hour and while the battery has ~38°C the cpu is ~65°C even though it was resting for about an hour.
I'll try to change the edxposed drivers or reboot the phone. Also gonna scan for viruses.
(It may also be that I turned on systemless hosts option yesterday in magisk.)
Anyone with a mi 10 and similar issues? @Iain_B ?
UPDATE: It seems like systemless hosts module was the issue, after removing it the temp of cpu is ~40-45°C.View attachment 34744
I've now been on wireless Turbo for about 20 minutes, and the charge has gone up 30+%. I'm monitoring the battery and cpu-0-0-usr temperatures.
The battery temperature has settled at around 37°.
The cpu temperatures hovers around 45°-46°, occasionally peaking just above 50°

I've now been on wireless Turbo for about 20 minutes, and the charge has gone up 30+%. I'm monitoring the battery and cpu-0-0-usr temperatures.
The battery temperature has settled at around 37°.
The cpu temperatures hovers around 45°-46°, occasionally peaking just above 50°
Yeah well, almost surely it was the systemless host. Now it charges normally and the cpu is close to the battery temp (~37-28°C, cpu-battery)

Attachments

• IMG_20210208_163012.jpg
    IMG_20210208_163012.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 150
Just had a bug where the downloads app couldn't be updated "from unofficial channels".
Who told you that it's a bug? It's not. You can't update system apps on our ROMs (except Google apps), this is by design.

Who told you that it's a bug? It's not. You can't update system apps on our ROMs (except Google apps), this is by design.
My mistake.

I thought it was, because the downloads app did propose and download this update by itself.

I have a question will Xiaomi.eu Team consider to add system app updater Weekly and Stable Roms in which the team could send APK updates without needing to update the whole ROM the team could fix bugs like the Gallery FC Bug & launcher swipe bug that have occurred in the past.

Suggestion.

It would be so amazing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

My mistake.

I thought it was, because the downloads app did propose and download this update by itself.

Just started seeing that update dialog myself too, will look into it.

I have a question will Xiaomi.eu Team consider to add system app updater Weekly and Stable Roms in which the team could send APK updates without needing to update the whole ROM the team could fix bugs like the Gallery FC Bug & launcher swipe bug that have occurred in the past.

Suggestion.

It would be so amazing.

We don't resign the system apps, which means they can only exist as system apps but will not pass a signature check when a normal installation is attempted, because they were modified.
So no, not possible.

Also one another suggestion just like there is a reported bug section at the top of this thread can a section like this be added into the updater app just like the what's new section which can be updated via HTML by your side show all the users who are using the rom but are not in the forum would be able to see if the issue that they are facing is in the the current issues / bug section of Updater app

Also one last suggestion which was to add a bug report section in the the updater app which I would help the users to report bugs through the ROM without needing to create a account in the forum first as it would help a lot of people who aren't allowed to make accounts on the forum cause of blocked IP because their country IP is blocked

Thanks in Advance Sir @Igor Eisberg

We don't resign the system apps, which means they can only exist as system apps but will not pass a signature check when a normal installation is attempted, because they were modified.
So no, not possible.
Thank you now I fully understand just one question isn't it possible to like create a script that can replace the APK in the system directory and then reboot the system when all the new apk apps are placed in their respective directories

Just question and you could give the the system updater app access to system

Thank you now I fully understand just one question isn't it possible to like create a script that can replace the APK in the system directory and then reboot the system when all the new apk apps are placed in their respective directories

Just question and you could give the the system updater app access to system

System apps can't remount system partition, not without root. System apps don't have access to the root user.
And anyway, you think we have nothing better to do with our lives than to indulge the users' obsession with always having the latest app versions?

System apps can't remount system partition, not without root. System apps don't have access to the root user.
And anyway, you think we have nothing better to do with our lives than to indulge the users' obsession with always having the latest app versions?
Not at all Sir, My point was just to ask if it was possible to just update 1 APK instead of updating the whole ROM in order to save time on both ends my whole question was based to ask that if it was possible or not I am not the person that wants to be on the latest updates because most of the time latest update it can cause issues so I always make sure for other people to check it and review then update

Being the only person with this complaint, it's definitely something on my phone, not the ROM.

I just can't figure out what it is, since I use the MIUI launcher, wallpaper, fonts, screen settings, all default.
This way the phone is almost unusable... :(
I use Mi9 and I don't have any issues with that.
Everything is ok.
Maybe a clean install will resolve that.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Both ends? You're literally asking us to invent some new app update system that could take months to develop... anyway, I already told you my answer... just use the ROMs as provided.
Got it Sir.

I was just suggesting I was not asking and by both ends I mean the time taken to repack the ROM zip & upload it and time taken for the user to download it

Thanks alot for telling the reason as I have lack of Android knowledge due to which these questions arise in my mind and you are the only person that I could answer them in a manner that I could understand.

Hello, installed the rom and im stuck at the mi logo - i formated data still the same. can anyone help? - device: mi9t

Status
Not open for further replies.