MIUI 12.5 21.2.3/4

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys

I'm confused. I have mi9tpro EAA, I want to install this beta, but I don't understand if widevine L1 is ok with this version ? And Google pay ?

sorry for my Bad english
Hello,

Widevine L1 = Can't confirm if it's OK but it will be available later if it's not the case. ;)
Google Play = OK (SafetyNet is passing)

;)

Reactions: Johndu5914
If you can't provide useful information to help then please don't bother replying...
I had just asked for the explanation because cell standby battery drainage is new. And I've switched my network type to 2g for better coverage. I thought that might've been causing the issue.
I guess I haven't seen this in previous miui versions.

The weekly version is a BETA version. So it might be that there are some changes from week to week.
There are so many different configurations on the users phones, so that nearly nobody can explain why you have a little bit more battery drain.

Its up to the users to install another xiaomi.eu version or buy a better charger :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Iain_B
Every time I switched from stable to weekly ROM with my Mi 10 ultra my battery drain is almost double the amount. But if everyone had this issue I think they will be talking about it and here I can't see anyone discuss Ing it. So if anyone are facing the same problem like me lemme know
Thx

Reactions: Alexbo
If you can't provide useful information to help then please don't bother replying...
I had just asked for the explanation because cell standby battery drainage is new. And I've switched my network type to 2g for better coverage. I thought that might've been causing the issue.
I guess I haven't seen this in previous miui versions.
Ok, here is what i know.
The cell standby battery usage is the power your device consumes in searching for network signal. The network reception is probably low where you are. So your device more frequently searches for a better reception
Move to a location with better network reception.
Switching to 2G may not really help if the 2G signal is also low.

Cheers! :cool:

After update to this version.My sms not work.Cant send and receive. Reflash to previous version not work.

Seems you are going from stable to weekly, you need to format data
twrp > wipe > format data and type "yes"

I've been using the stable roms on my Mi 9T Pro for a while (now on 12.0.5.0). Thinking of upgrading to this weekly for the Android 11.
So you will lose all your data on the device? Can't install the rom by selecting the package in the firmware updater?

I've been using the stable roms on my Mi 9T Pro for a while. Thinking of upgrading to this weekly for the Android 11.
So you will lose all your data on the device? Can't install the rom by selecting the package in the firmware updater?

if you want to switch you can try it without format data, but its not recommend.

So better you have a backup. Its your decision.

Every time I switched from stable to weekly ROM with my Mi 10 ultra my battery drain is almost double the amount. But if everyone had this issue I think they will be talking about it and here I can't see anyone discuss Ing it. So if anyone are facing the same problem like me lemme know
Thx
You need to give your phone time to settle down and accumulate data from the battery. Miui 12.5 uses AI to help with the battery.
As also was mentioned a few posts above by @katerpanne,
The weekly version is a BETA version. So it might be that there are some changes from week to week.
There are so many different configurations on the users phones, so that nearly nobody can explain why you have a little bit more battery drain.
So you may want to review all of your settings which might affect battery consumption.

Reactions: vRelXnar and Alexbo
Can someone confirm if widevine L1 is available for mi 9t pro ? Saw a guy doing a rom review ( miui 12.5 latest beta ) and he had L1 on his mi9t pro.

There are two topics I'd like to mention about Redmi Note 8 Gingko (not rooted)
  • When I turn on 'Battery saver' it gets down very much faster, than without...
  • Really annoying is the RAM/battery Management which seems to be set very aggressive. I can permit anything in settings and turn off all power usage restrictions for a (third party) music app running in background. Total Commander Player or VLC will be killed after a while and I have to start over from scratch.
  • Last point seems related to above. E.g. switching from 'frost for facebook' to a browser. If I don't come back very soon, It will have lost its 'position'. The same is for switching between tabs in any Browser. Obviously the process is killed very fast also here.
I'm not sure, if it's after the change to Android 10 to 11 or if it already came up with the first miui 12.5. I know we have a 'low end device' but nonetheless I think at least playing music for more than ~15 minutes in background should be possible with only 4 GB of Ram.

Hi. When I open an application and it freezes for a while and then it works again, the phone runs out of audio and I have to restart it, someone else has happened to it

There are two topics I'd like to mention about Redmi Note 8 Gingko (not rooted)
  • When I turn on 'Battery saver' it gets down very much faster, than without...
  • Really annoying is the RAM/battery Management which seems to be set very aggressive. I can permit anything in settings and turn off all power usage restrictions for a (third party) music app running in background. Total Commander Player or VLC will be killed after a while and I have to start over from scratch.
  • Last point seems related to above. E.g. switching from 'frost for facebook' to a browser. If I don't come back very soon, It will have lost its 'position'. The same is for switching between tabs in any Browser. Obviously the process is killed very fast also here.
I'm not sure, if it's after the change to Android 10 to 11 or if it already came up with the first miui 12.5. I know we have a 'low end device' but nonetheless I think at least playing music for more than ~15 minutes in background should be possible with only 4 GB of Ram.
(This is a repeat of what I have put higher up, and which I think is also relevant to you.)

You need to give your phone time to settle down and accumulate data from the battery. Miui 12.5 uses AI to help with the battery.
As also was mentioned a few posts above by @katerpanne,
So you may want to review all of your settings which might affect battery consumption.

I thing netflix it's not in hd and subtitles is blurred!
mi 9 lite (pyxis)

P.S: I have restarted my phone and working now.

Last edited:
Hi, is there any solution for the proximity sensor for Redmi Note 8? I can't push it out after the call because there is only a black screen! Help me!

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Note 8 eszközömről

Reactions: Punhodeferro
Hi, is there any solution for the proximity sensor for Redmi Note 8? I can't push it out after the call because there is only a black screen! Help me!

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Note 8 eszközömről
I don't have such issue, are you using a screen protector? Is the sensor working fine in CIT?

Status
Not open for further replies.